Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-05-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default T.O. Suspended indefinitely

TO was just suspended by the Eagles for behavior detrimental to the team. He is out indefinitely. I have a feeling this is going to be bad for both sides.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #2
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank God if true! Is there a link?
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Lately TO has been making Randy Moss look like Cris Carter.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well good for the person that suspended him. I guess that would be Coach Reid. It must be very difficult to deal with people like Terrell...all the talent in the world and a ten cent brain.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I'm a big T.O. fan but this is getting ridiculous. He really needs to shut up...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #6
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I can't stand the guy and am glad the Eagles are putting him in his place. He is a great WR but a real cancer to any team on which he belongs. If the Eagles sit him for the rest of the year the way the Bucs did with Johnson, I doubt he's going to improve his lot next year. No GM with a brain is going to give him the contract he thinks he deserves with all his bad behavior. Good riddance to that low-life.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Lately TO has been making Randy Moss look like Cris Carter.
Cris Carter - Another WR that was a cancer for the Eagels. Good thing he turned things around and fulfilled his potenital. Hopefully the lightbulb also goes off for T.O. someday. Imagine how much better he could be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2005   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I'm a big T.O. fan but this is getting ridiculous. He really needs to shut up...
Most of us learn around 16 or 17 that you don't say everything on your mind even if it is the "truth" or an "honest" opinion. I saw an interview with Lavar Arrington where they asked about not being with Washington and underachieving, etc. and he just avoided/did not answer/ or joked them away. Arrington is not exactly Mr. Maturity himself, but even understood there is a time and place for expressing your true feelings.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Irvin was on ESPN and had spoken to Terrell.He said Coach Reid had given him some conditions that he needed to get done and one was to apologize to the team and another to apologize to his teammates.

He said Terrell did so publicly but apparently the coach wanted him to apologize to his teammates privately and Terrell felt he did not need to do so; that a public apology was enough.

Anyway that's Terrell's side of the story via Michael.

They also had a sportswriter on the phone that felt that Terrell would not play with the Eagles anymore. Too much water under the bridge I guess.
Old 11-05-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want Terrell Owens to go away at this point. I've been sick of him for a long, long time. I swear if I owned the Eagles I'd just release him and move on.
Old 11-06-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I thought that was what I said but if not yea the coach wanted him to go to the team and apologize personally and he felt a public apology was enough.

One must also realize this is second hand information via Michael but I'm sure he got it right as Terrell perceives it.

I did forget to add that Michael said Terrell STILL wants his contract reworked and there was something about he felt he still could play for the Eagles. Maybe they don't think so and are tired of messing with him. I don't know.
Old 11-06-2005   #12
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I read the interview on ESPN.com. TO is so full of himself it's not even funny. I don't care how great of a player he is, at his age and with his attitude, how in the world is he going to get the big contract he wants next season after all these antics?

At least Keyshawn had a Coach Parcells willing to give him another chance. Mariucci wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole, especially since the Lions are stocked with talented receivers (and Jeff Garcia ).

Last edited by CowboysTexansFan; 11-06-2005 at 12:20 AM.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Good

T.O. needs to just shut up and play the damn game. I guess he won't be playing the game for a while now. Just curious. How many Superbowls has he played in and won? I think he's 1 for 2 - correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, however, he should just shut up and help the TEAM get another shot at it.
Old 11-06-2005   #14
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I knew TO when he was in highschool and both my wife and my x-wife went to school with him, and trust me he is a jerk. He got into it one night with one of my buddies and evn then he was full of himself always walked with a crowd of people because he couldn't do it himself though.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else think TO an the Eagles are going to part ways? I read about him being upset about the Eagles not celebrating his 100th TD, but didn't he say something to the effect that if Favre was the Eagle's QB they would have a winning record or be undefeated?
Old 11-06-2005   #16
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Yeah he said that in the same interview he went off about the Eagles having no class in celebration of his 100th TD. He's a fantastic, freaky athlete but a DAMN public relations nightmare for any team he steps on the field for. I'm glad we don't have him on our team even as a waterboy, I'm sure he would find something to whine about if he was 1 of those also...
Old 11-06-2005   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just watching the FOX pregame show and they said TO and Hugh Douglas got into a physical confrontation in the locker room. What a head case.
Old 11-06-2005   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Anyone else think TO an the Eagles are going to part ways? I read about him being upset about the Eagles not celebrating his 100th TD, but didn't he say something to the effect that if Favre was the Eagle's QB they would have a winning record or be undefeated?
Here is the thing, The Iggles have to make a big decision(like 37million) whether to keep or cut TO. If they cut him(which is very liklely) according to ESPN, he would go through the waivers system. For those of you unfamiliar, the waiver system is the exact opposite of the records. Ie right now the Texasns and Packers would get to try to claim him. TO in Green Bay might certainly be very helpful to Favre...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #19
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

As a life long Eagles fan up here in Philly, let me give you guys a take of the feeling toward Owens from up here. Most of the fans I talk to do not want this guy to ever put on an Eagles jersey again. I feel the same way. Yes, the Super Bowl is important for the fan base up here. You get tired of hearing the Eagles are the only team in the NFCE that have not won one. His talent is needed. Here is the but, at least for me. Winning the Super Bowl would also mean guys like Stan Walters and Jerry Sizemore would also be part of it because they are part of the history of the team. If having to have Owens on the Eagles ment a Super Bowl win, I would pass. What I can't understand is this guy owned Philadelphia last year after his courageous performance in the Super Bowl. Owens should have parlayed his popularity into millions of dollars in corprate endorsements. This is the fourth largest television market in the country.The additional money would have dwarfed whatever additional salary he was crying about not getting from the Eagles. For years Dick Vermeil was the spokeman for Blue Cross in the Philadelphia area. Even when he coached the Rams. Owens could have done the same. Instead he took a path where the goodwill is gone alone with millions in revenue for years to come. He is now looking at a one year deal with a team controled option from another team, if he can find someone to take him at all. What a waste.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I sometimes think that T.O. probably needs counseling or something..that he's just a very confused person. I've watched him in interviews and he seems like a likeable guy. I don't know how you can correct his "me, me, me" attitude other than punish him in ways that the Eagles are doing.

Shame really. He's a God gifted person. Very few people in the world can do the things he does. If he were more humble or taught to be more humble than I think his problems would be solved. But he has to learn he plays a team game, he's accountable to his teammates and coaches and that it's not all about him. Life has a way of bringing people off their high horse sometimes. I think that' s coming his way if it hasn't already.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read