Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2005   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Predictions?

Hey everybody,
I predict a great game. Hoping the Jags finally score 30+ points, this is a record I don't want.

Just thought I better stop in and give you guys a shout out. I know you all will be bringing your A game and I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. If you all care about David at all, you all better just sit him out tomorrow. I am starting to feel sorry for that guy. I bet he holds the NFL sack record for QB's who have been in the same amount of time he has. Guy is tough as nails.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, it's hard to talk smack to us...we know this is a bad team. You have a miserable run d this year so there won't be a shutout...that's the one thing we do well, or semi-well.

Jags 33 Texans 10

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i still believe!

texans 6, jags 0

it doesnt MATTER that we cant score touchdowns

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #4
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Eh, it's hard to talk smack to us...we know this is a bad team. You have a miserable run d this year so there won't be a shutout...that's the one thing we do well, or semi-well.

Jags 33 Texans 10

Don't let Steven Jackson's awesome performance against our run defense fool you. Vinny I thought you were smarter than that. Our Run Defense is by no means miserable, Steven Jackson just happens to be awesome.

We have held
Seattle 97 Alexander 73
Indy 148 James 128
Jet's 89 Martin 67
Broncos 188 Anderson 118
Bengals 132 Johnson 76
Steelers 73 Parker 55

Now know and understand that Jaguars have had the toughest schedule so far this season, yet our passing defense is one of the best in the league. Stats are deceiving pal.

Jacksonville did what they wanted to do against us, which is throw us around. They totally controlled the whole game."-Seattle RB Shaun Alexander
Old 11-05-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Don't let Steven Jackson's awesome performance against our run defense fool you. Vinny I thought you were smarter than that.
I may not be after watching our team start off in historically miserable fashion this year. I think my football IQ dropped 100 points by proxy.

Old 11-05-2005   #6
Jagsbch
Veteran

Your right though, it was hard to bring smack this season. So what's the dealio? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Will capers be here next season?
Old 11-05-2005   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Your right though, it was hard to bring smack this season. So what's the dealio? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Will capers be here next season?
Yeah, I can't really say much. This has season has been a nightmare so far. I'll still go ahad and pick the Texans though - I just do every week. As for the light at the end of the tunnel, now we're competing against Greenbay for the #1 pick Only way we lose that is by getting 1 more win than them.

I don't see Capers as HC after the season.
Old 11-05-2005   #8
stephen1
Veteran

Texans 14 Jags 10
Dom Davis goes for 150 yards and both of our scores.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
Texans 14 Jags 10
Dom Davis goes for 150 yards and both of our scores.
I don't think he will be playing. Gametime decision.

Old 11-05-2005   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags 27 Texans 9
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Now know and understand that Jaguars have had the toughest schedule so far this season, yet our passing defense is one of the best in the league.

BTW San Diego has had the toughest schedule so far. And the Jags Run D is not very good. You all are heading toward the bottom half of the league as far as run D goes. I will give you that you have immense talent upfront and corners that are physical, but you all are foolish aggressive, play down to your competition, and you do not stop the run. Well we do the same boring things, run the ball, and are bad competition. Seems like we have the triple and a recipe for another spanking of our Jag towel boys.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #12
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Texans 20
Jags 14
Old 11-05-2005   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 20
Jags 17
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #14
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Texans 20
Jags 14
That is pretty bold, but I understand, you are standing by your team, and that is a good thing. I see it somewhere around
Jags 28
Tex 3
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #15
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

come on man. You all wont be able to stop Wells and Morency. Wells is more of a power back, and you all have problems with power backs. Quick backs you all destroy. Bottomline is that you if each team plays the way they usually play over the last 3 weeks then you are looking at a low scoring game and us winning.

Texans 20
Jags 17

Jags fans are pissed cause Scobee missed two more FGs
Old 11-05-2005   #16
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
come on man. You all wont be able to stop Wells and Morency. Wells is more of a power back, and you all have problems with power backs. Quick backs you all destroy. Bottomline is that you if each team plays the way they usually play over the last 3 weeks then you are looking at a low scoring game and us winning.

Texans 20
Jags 17

Jags fans are pissed cause Scobee missed two more FGs
The real question is, will you be able to stop Fred Taylor? If we run on you guys (which you have a poor run defense) how do you expect to run on us? We will control the clock. I don't really see you running on us, you will need to TRY to throw the ball.

By the way, Scobee will kick it into the endzone and keep your return man from trying anything.
Old 11-05-2005   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS 15
Jags 14

Crazier things have happened
Old 11-05-2005   #18
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
TEXANS 15
Jags 14

Crazier things have happened
I agree on that, after all, we were "supposed" to beat the Rams and look what happened. I just don't see it happening 2 weeks in a row.
Old 11-06-2005   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Jags 17, Texans 16

An ugly game that both teams try to lose.
Old 11-06-2005   #20
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagibelieve
That is pretty bold, but I understand, you are standing by your team, and that is a good thing. I see it somewhere around
Jags 28
Tex 3

I think it will be Jags 24, Texans 10
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read