Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005   #1
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 9 Gameday: Texans at Jaguars

The Texans earned their first-ever shutout win in Jacksonville last season.

Sun. 11/6
12:00 p.m.
(CBS)

www.HoustonTexans.com

Matchup

Gamecenter

Gamecenter Preview

http://www.jaguars.com/
Old 11-04-2005   #2
Fldvldog
Veteran

Kinda' early, isn't it?
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i never did have much patience
Old 11-04-2005   #4
GoJags16
Rookie

No shutout this time around. Now you have to deal with Fred Taylor and Byron both playing. In your shutout last year, Leftwich started but was knocked out.

No shutouts this year guys.
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default From the front page...

Running back Domanick Davis continues to be troubled with inflammation in his knee, and was unable to practice this week.

I would have liked to see him practice today, Capers said. Im not going to rule him out, but I would feel better had he practiced. But if he works out, and can cut and do all those things on Sunday, then we would activate him.

Capers said if Davis is not available, running back Jonathan Wells would start and rookie Vernand Morency would be mixed in throughout the game. While Wells and Morency are different style backs, Capers is confident in both back-ups.

Well do the same things, Capers said. You arent going to see us change our game plan. I think Morency is a little more like Domanick, while Jonathan is bigger, more of a power guy. We would have the availability to use both those guys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #6
metalmike
Veteran

Texans 60

Jags 0

i can dream right!
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
“We’ll do the same things,” Capers said. “You aren’t going to see us change our game plan.
Lord knows wouldn't want to change the all sacred 1 and 6 game plan. All the RB's are in a car accident--don't change the game plan just get one off the practice squad. All the WR's are arrested for graffitying while bored--don't change the game plan, just throw to the same spot because we are really just throwing to make them think we can't. Nice. Has this guy ever watched a Patriots game and how they almost completely change character between games?
Old 11-04-2005   #8
Fldvldog
Veteran

I want every texan to be healthy coming into this game (and, of coarse, coming out). I want no excuses.
Old 11-04-2005   #9
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Lord knows wouldn't want to change the all sacred 1 and 6 game plan. All the RB's are in a car accident--don't change the game plan just get one off the practice squad. All the WR's are arrested for graffitying while bored--don't change the game plan, just throw to the same spot because we are really just throwing to make them think we can't. Nice. Has this guy ever watched a Patriots game and how they almost completely change character between games?
Ha! Ha! Ha!, but if I said that you would put me on ignore. Its too bad that people are just now catching onto the problem. Its really sad that it continues. I think we all live in the land of dispare. You talk about any player you want and you just have to almost cry for them watching them be coached by this set of baffons. Joy comes from some one doing something right and knowing that it could be repeated if only we had a game plan and a competent set of coaches. Every week we see some plays being made and we know it could be a whole lot better, but we sit in frustration knowing it can't. That's the tragedy of watching this team.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
I want every texan to be healthy coming into this game (and, of coarse, coming out). I want no excuses.
Nothing the marked history of nitpicking back and forth between me and yourself....you know I NEVER give excuses. I'd like to think my brethren on here are likewise.

FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005   #11
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Nothing the marked history of nitpicking back and forth between me and yourself....you know I NEVER give excuses. I'd like to think my brethren on here are likewise.

Oh, I'm positive you wont. But some fans make excuses after excuse. For example, some Jags fans on the texan sweep last season. I, for one, will not make any excuses if we lose. Hopefully, I wont have a reason to...
Old 11-06-2005   #12
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Sunday Morning Texans Game Preview

Houston Texans (1-6)

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3)

1:00 pm- Altell Stadium: Jacksonville, Florida

A big game divisional game for both teams. The Texans desperate to try and get a winning trend going, and Jacksonville anxious to get into better postition in terms of the playoffs.

The Houston Texans swept the Jacksonville Jaguars last season, including a 27-0 victory in their house. "I think Coach Capers and his staff and players have just simply outplayed us," Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio said. "I think they outplayed us, out coached us. You get what you earn in this league. I think they earned those two wins against us last year, and they did so convincingly. It's up to us to respond and play better."

Also, when these two teams meet, there's always that trash-talking, late hits, etc. It's just something with these guys that neither team likes about each other. "It's heated," Texans CB Dunta Robinson said. "Just the electricity that was in the locker room and then you walk out onto the field, you see these guys jumping up and down while we're being introduced. It's like one of those old college rivalries across town. Like in South Carolina when we played Clemson, that's what it was like. It's a big game for us."

KEY MATCHUP-

this year's stats>

Texans QB David Carr- 95/162, 907 yards, 6 TD's, 6 INT's

Jaguars QB Byron Leftwhich- 116/207, 1,418 yards, 10 TD's 5 INT's

It's going to be a dogfight to say the least, and to note, this is the first game between these two teams this season.

I'm a huge Texans fan, so cheer us on!

Go Texans!
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #13
Dre_80
Rookie

Key Matchup:

Rookie C Drew Hodgdon vs. Pro Bowl DT John Henderson
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #14
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
Houston Texans (1-6)

The Houston Texans swept the Jacksonville Jaguars last season, including a 27-0 victory in their house. :

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it a 21-0 victory?
Old 11-06-2005   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it a 21-0 victory?
That's right. It was 27-0 when the Jags beat the Texans in Jacksonville the year before.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Yikes... our 2 best players are out for this one. Gonna take a miracle to win it.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #17
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Mathis is out today also......

Why is he out? Was he even listed on the injury report this week?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #18
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Jags radio just said that the Texan receivers are the laziest group of
receivers they have ever seen,And that there is no way the Texans will win today.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #19
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

bobbled return, not a good start
Old 11-06-2005   #20
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

3rd and short, lets get a push o-line

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read