Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Colts 13 44.83%
Patriots 16 55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Patriots vs. Colts, Monday Night

So do you guys think this is the year that Manning finally gets the W in Foxboro?

Or is Teddy Bruschi back in the lineup enough to show Manning who his daddy really is?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #2
Davis37
All Pro

w/o Rodney Harrison I think the Colts can get by the Pats. I dont think Richard Seymore is gonna be back in the lineup either. Also, Peyton has a defense that can back him up this year.
Old 11-03-2005   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts will finally win this year. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose, either.

The Patriots are to the Colts what the Steelers used to be to the Oilers back in the Luv Ya Blue days. I'd say I feel for Colts fans, but since they're in our division, I have a hard time with all that.
Old 11-05-2005   #4
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

All homerism aside, I have to go with the Pats on this one. The Colts may have a better record and they're considered the best team in the NFL right now, but they haven't been tested yet. No offense to the Texans, but the only tough games they've had were Jacksonville (not a strong offensive team) and St. Louis (all offense, no defense, but they played most of that game without Bulger). The Patriots have played four 2004 playoff teams already (including three 2004 division winners), along with a strong Carolina team.

I know the Pats have slipped some and the Colts, meanwhile, have improved on D, but I don't think Manning's going to get his first Foxboro win... not yet, anyway.

Either way should be a great game.
Old 11-06-2005   #5
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

I'm going for the pats in this game!!!
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

This game is got a different feeling to it.

Of course, Bruschi is back and he completely ownes Manning.

Pats by 2.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Haha, I voted for the Patriots.

But I'm just crazy like that
Old 11-07-2005   #8
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Colts going down, because Bruschi is back!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #9
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

As far as the Texans are concerned and taking draft positioning into account, it is better for the Patriots to win. Then the order would be Houston one and Green Bay two.

Of course that would also mean the Texans would face a hacked off Colts team next Sunday.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this will be the year of the COLTS, but, it doesn't matter to me MUCH! I have three fantacy players playing tonight. Brady, Branch, and Harrison. SO I hope this is a high scoring game with lots of passing TDs.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Ya I got fantasy on marvin harrison tonight so im hoping the same thing. Also you people are forgetting they beat baltimore. At the beginning of the season the ravens were hype and all healthy and ready to go. At that point they were a challenging team. Colts will pill this one off by 3
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #12
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Ya I got fantasy on marvin harrison tonight so im hoping the same thing. Also you people are forgetting they beat baltimore. At the beginning of the season the ravens were hype and all healthy and ready to go. At that point they were a challenging team. Colts will pill this one off by 3
Didn't forget about Baltimore. But even with Kyle Boller, did that offense really ever scare you?
Old 11-07-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some rookie from Toledo named Nick Kaczur draws Freeney in tonights
game. Pats took him in the third round this year, so he's virtually a second
day, 4th rounder for the SB Pats. That's a lot to ask of a rookie LT from
Toledo. How tight is he right now ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
That's a lot to ask of a rookie LT from
Toledo. How tight is he right now ?
He's puckerd so tight, if he broke wind, only dogs could hear it!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

heard Capers say he would try and catch some segments of the Colt/Patriot game in the 2nd half. hard to imagine its going to be a restfull trying to prepare for Payton & Company.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #16
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Haha, I voted for the Patriots.

But I'm just crazy like that
Ah, it worked.

I posted against my team as much as possible. A 379 poung gorrila just jumped off my back.
Old 11-08-2005   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

just think, yall will have home field advantage this time come playoffs. i'm fully expecting indy to roll the pats in the end with a rediculous score. this of course barring any obscene amount of injuries. and yes, even if manning had the texans offensive line, he'd still be one of the best qb's ever. i dont think in 100 years we'll have the technology to explain the connection between manning & harrison. manning didnt throw an imperfect pass all game that i saw. the one INT was because the lb in coverage tried to bump at the line and slipped ... during his recovery just happened to undercut the receiver's stride. it's hard not to be in awe of that kind of talent.

sorry guys, there arent many games where i say "wow" followed by "holy ****" followed by "noone throws a ball that perfect". if not for a couple drops by wayne, manning would've been as close to perfect as a qb can be.

manning flushed out of the pocket right, harrison on a double move long, manning off his back foot on the run drops it perfectly into harrison's hands outside of any reach of the db. (perfect is an impossible standard i know, but that's atleast 3 usages in this post).

great game indy.
Old 11-08-2005   #18
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

I believe Mannings TD to Marvin while on the run was his most amazing TD of his career. The importance it had, the athleticism it took. It was amazing.
Old 11-08-2005   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've got nothing but to agree with you there youngstown ... only because i cant find a better word than amazing for that throw. other supremely incredible throws include manning under pressure throwing deep right in the 3rd quarter to wayne who continued his slant right to the sideline through the zone for about 20 yards. a foot farther and wayne would've been out of bounds, a foot shorter and it would've been a jump ball. also a relatively quick slant again by wayne (this time dropped) where manning felt the heat and long armed it a split second before being hit which would've been an 8+ yd catch with easily a 15+ yd gain.

i'd probably have more but i was tied up for most of the first half. still in awe.
Old 11-08-2005   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Okay, this is a legit question... I've heard numerous times that Carr tends to lock onto his recievers. Watching the game last night, from the plays I saw it looks like Manning "locks on" as well. He had quick drops locking onto one player and got him the ball quick.

I think the only difference is, that Manning reads the defense AND can audible to another play that would work better, allowing that quick drop and lock.

So, is it such a bad thing to lock onto a player or am I way off in the analysis and question?

Good game by the way.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read