Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Johnny Mathis

Hey, check it out. Some positive press for the Texans, or maybe I should say, one Texan:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051103/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--

I say change his nickname to "Flash."
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #2
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Capers, etc had the sense god gave an earthworm, they would give "Johnny" more offensive plays and can Bradford. This guy is the real deal and gives me hope for the Texans' future.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

doesn't he have a pretty good christmas album?
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #4
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

did you see the silly grin he had during his TD run!?
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Please Jerome, stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
If Capers, etc had the sense god gave an earthworm, they would give "Johnny" more offensive plays and can Bradford. This guy is the real deal and gives me hope for the Texans' future.
JM needs to get more reps. He was dinged for a lot of the preseason.

It was interesting to see him run the fake reverses in the 4th Q. One of these days, one of those is going to be for real and that could be fun.

At least in the short term, you need some other receiver in after the JM returns because he's got to run so much lately, I am guessing he is a little winded. Heck, his returns make ME tired just watching them.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
did you see the silly grin he had during his TD run!?
Id have fun to if I could run that fast.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #7
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Travis Johnson and John McClain were on ESPN Classic's "Classic Now" last night. Travis was talking about "Johnny" Mathis. The guy is a bit of a clown, TJ was wearing a huge fro wig and arguing with McClain. He's got a personality, I'll give him that.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2005   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be cool if the Texans would play a part of "Johnny Be Good" before the kick. I could imagine the crowd singing, Go......go Johnny go! Go.......go Johnny go!..........
Old 11-03-2005   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
It would be cool if the Texans would play a part of "Johnny Be Good" before the kick. I could imagine the crowd singing, Go......go Johnny go! Go.......go Johnny go!..........
That would be kinda cool.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
Travis Johnson and John McClain were on ESPN Classic's "Classic Now" last night. Travis was talking about "Johnny" Mathis. The guy is a bit of a clown, TJ was wearing a huge fro wig and arguing with McClain. He's got a personality, I'll give him that.
TJ has attitude, I like attitude
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

J. Mathis is a stud and almost everyone on this board wanted the kid. He was a double threat returning and receiving and hopefully or better yet in order to save any type of job Capers better can Bradford and start playing the kid. I think now though that Carr will look for the kid more. If Mathis proves that he is not gonna drop many more balls he will be major contributor to the offense.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Having Mathis as a threat will take some much needed pressure off of AJ, which would open up their game more. It's just one (okay, more like 1 1/2) games, but I am glad to see another receiver getting kudos. However, knowing our ***** coaches, they will probably bench Gaff or Johnny to give Bradford playing time when AJ returns (if he returns). Please bench Bradford!!
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

<deleted>

Last edited by eriadoc; 11-03-2005 at 10:44 PM.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Suggestion for Mathis

Learn how to stiff arm the punters that block you. Man, if he learns how to do this he'll take one to the house every game
Old 11-04-2005   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

funny, the same was said for moses. it's nice to have the biggest knock on a guy be that he cant beat the kicker (although i dont think mathis will have that problem). most teams would love a guy that can get TO the kicker as consistant as those two have for us.
Old 11-04-2005   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
funny, the same was said for moses. it's nice to have the biggest knock on a guy be that he cant beat the kicker (although i dont think mathis will have that problem). most teams would love a guy that can get TO the kicker as consistant as those two have for us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Mathis. I were just thinking (after watching the Browns game this morning) that he would have had 4 TD returns already were it not for kickers blocking him

With a bit of stiff arm he would be the perfect returner, and he's real close to being there
Old 11-04-2005   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Id have fun to if I could run that fast.

I've love to be able to do that at least once .... and isn't it wonderful to have a kick returner whose best ability is something other than "he never fumbles" .....
Old 11-04-2005   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
Big difference -- Moses was already running out of gas by the time he was getting to mid-field and Mathis is just hitting top gear at that point. Moses could be run down from behind by linebackers. Mathis is mostly straight ahead speed (that's why the other comparison to Dante Hall is way off base as well) and few players in the NFL can run with him. I've noticed that Mathis doesn't appear to be able to change directions easily and when you're running 4.29 at someone it's all about angles of attack. He will get even better with more expereince. Why I'm even comparing Moses and Mathis is a good question.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

And to think 90% of you wanted to keep Swinton. My how things have changed.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb
And to think 90% of you wanted to keep Swinton. My how things have changed.
I still think we should have kept Swinton. Keeping Swinton and Mathis are not mutually exclusive. I'm not a big Bradford fan, though .....
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read