Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005   #1
BillyBluenose
Rookie

Default Real Men Don't Wear Teal

You can say what you want about the keys to success, match-ups, depth charts, and the rest of the bs the talking heads on ESPN or late night sports radio will be talking about all week, but the bottom line is that the Jacksonville Jaguars are a gargbage team who wear pretty uniforms in a garbage stadium filled with... well, I can't really say filled... in front of garbage fans.

We may not be the greatest football team in the world yet, but I'll be darned like a sock if we can't whoop the bums this Sunday in Sulfur City!

Smell that, TEXANS? It means you're 60 minutes away from your second w.

-Billy
Old 11-02-2005   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags can be beaten. One, they like to play close to the vest. Just like Dom. Two, they don't have much of a homefield advantage. Three, they're not so great against zone blocking teams. See Davis 150 yards last season and the 188 the Broncos put up this season.

Sure it will take a near perfect game from the Texans. But, aren't they due? If the Jags come in over confident, they can be had.

Think about the Gaffney lateral to Glenn. The Leap of Faith. Petey jammin' with the crowd. The Shutout. The Texans have the Mojo and the jags know it. that's half the battle.
Old 11-03-2005   #3
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBluenose
You can say what you want about the keys to success, match-ups, depth charts, and the rest of the bs the talking heads on ESPN or late night sports radio will be talking about all week, but the bottom line is that the Jacksonville Jaguars are a gargbage team who wear pretty uniforms in a garbage stadium filled with... well, I can't really say filled... in front of garbage fans.

We may not be the greatest football team in the world yet, but I'll be darned like a sock if we can't whoop the bums this Sunday in Sulfur City!

-Billy
Your enthusiasm for your team ammuses me. Garbage team? What is our record and what is yours? Garbage stadium? Have you ever been to Alltel? Garbage fans? I guess that's better than being trashy. You're going to "whoop" us?
Old 11-03-2005   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I read somewhere once that if you go into an interview (and you know the sex of the interviewer) do the following:

1. If it is a male, absolutely, positively never where teal. Men hate it.

2. If it a female, where a tie with some teal in it. For some reason they love it.

I don't remember the source or I would post it.
Old 11-03-2005   #5
JAGumbo
Rookie

Hey Jagibelieve,
Go over to texanstalk.com for their MB.
It's much better and more active over there.

Last edited by JAGumbo; 11-03-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2005   #6
JAGumbo
Rookie

31st ranked defense
32nd ranked offense

Last edited by JAGumbo; 11-03-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-03-2005   #7
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

REAL men can wear any color.
I remember when men wouldn't be caught dead in pink also!
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2005   #8
JAGumbo
Rookie

Sorry Sassy,
No one over here wants to talk football.
They just insult the city and it's fans constantly.

Here's to a great game Sunday.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGumbo
31st ranked defense
32nd ranked offense
When your offense constantly goes three and out, you're going to have a defense that absorbs that as well.
Old 11-03-2005   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
REAL men can wear any color. I remember when men wouldn't be caught dead in pink also!
Real men still don't wear pink.
Old 11-03-2005   #11
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBluenose

-Billy

That's just sad...can't talk real football so insult a city that you probably have never even stepped foot into...real classy
Old 11-03-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to let a thead sit here that just wants to insult NFL fans from other teams. We don't want them coming here and insulting us so we shouldn't do it to them. I'm closing this. I can't believe we had 3 mods post in this thread to encourage this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read