Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-02-2005   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Miller released by Browns

Since quite a few sacks have been allowed by the TE's this year, would it be a stretch to sign him, he was cut due to his lack of blocking ability, since we can't block anyway, why not have a TE that can catch?
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #2
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Since quite a few sacks have been allowed by the TE's this year, would it be a stretch to sign him, he was cut due to his lack of blocking ability, since we can't block anyway, why not have a TE that can catch?
Sign him!
Sign him!
Sign him!

Even if it's just for the rest of the year. Billy Miller can catch the football and this offense needs weapons. Look at what Heath Miller means to Ro---- in Pittsburgh.

TE is quickly becoming a very important position in the NFL. Antonio Gates is a top 10 player in this league. He is so valuable to the Chargers. No, I am not comparing Miller to Gates either. I could see that one coming from some of you.

We need someone at the position who can catch the football and he can do that. A very good tight end can open up the offense so much.
Old 11-02-2005   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

We won't re-sign him because our current offensive system does not call for a TE that can catch. They want big blocking TEs or else we wouldn't have cut him in the first place. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a TE that can catch but with our current coaches and system we won't use him anyways.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #4
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
We won't re-sign him because our current offensive system does not call for a TE that can catch. They want big blocking TEs or else we wouldn't have cut him in the first place. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a TE that can catch but with our current coaches and system we won't use him anyways.
Passing to a TE is not in Capers or Pender's agenda, while other teams wear us out with their TE's.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

but in madden i don't have a TE that can catch, Rivers catches some but always drops the important ones
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I wish we had a receiving tight end. It would mean that our O-line gives DC some decent protection and might even make the games more - dare I say... - exciting.
Old 11-02-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It is funny how often fans argue over marginal NFL talent. Kasper, Miller, Swinton, Foreman, Thomas--let's see how many are on NFL teams next year, much less contributing.
Old 11-02-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Hollings, M. Brown, Weary, Washington, Wand, Murphy, Rivers, Bradford, Deloach, Ioane, Evans, Earl, R.Walker...there could be a lot of ex-Texans manning the unemployment lines next season.
Old 11-03-2005   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Hollings, M. Brown, Weary, Washington, Wand, Murphy, Rivers, Bradford, Deloach, Ioane, Evans, Earl, R.Walker...there could be a lot of ex-Texans manning the unemployment lines next season.
I still like the three way 2 years ago. Carolina released Deon Grant as not good enough (who went on to start with the Jags), the Jags in response went on to release Marlon McCree (who started with us and now ironically starting with Carolina) and we released Travares Tillman (who went to Carolina, but I guess we got the best of that one).

Funny, we had the only guy not now starting to begin with and ended up with no starter, much less anyone on the roster out of the deal.
Old 11-03-2005   #10
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
It is funny how often fans argue over marginal NFL talent. Kasper, Miller, Swinton, Foreman, Thomas--let's see how many are on NFL teams next year, much less contributing.

Keep an eye out for Thomas stats this weekend, he might just surprise you. He was elevated to the active roster for the Titans this week. Him and Roby will be it for them this week. Going up against the Browns i would expect McNair to air it out this weekend.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #11
Davis37
All Pro

Its funny how so many people were calling for Millers head this offseason, now they want him back
Old 11-03-2005   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
just me here, but im not ready to kick wand and earl to the corner yet. seems like both these guys are not in good standing with the coaching staff. i wish we had more information as to why wand wasnt given a chance and earl is not in there at all.

everyone else i can live without. we might not let go a DT or interior lineman though just because our coaching staff though.
Old 11-03-2005   #13
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
just me here, but im not ready to kick wand and earl to the corner yet. seems like both these guys are not in good standing with the coaching staff. i wish we had more information as to why wand wasnt given a chance and earl is not in there at all.

everyone else i can live without. we might not let go a DT or interior lineman though just because our coaching staff though.

we should leave the player cuts to the 2006 new coaching staff .....
Old 11-03-2005   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Ya know..I don't have any problem with people liking these guys. What kills me is that not only should these marginal guys be on the roster, but are about a half step from Canton and that not having ______ on the roster reflects the poor evaluation skills of the Texans management, not the 5 other teams that has cut said spare.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Rivers is stone handed, and I find it hard to believe that guy eats with those hands. However, I don't think we will see Miller here because Capers has already mentioned how he doesn't want to mess with the line anymore this season and also if he were to aske for Miller back it would be like him admitting he made a mistake and we all know that doesn't happen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Ya know..I don't have any problem with people liking these guys. What kills me is that not only should these marginal guys be on the roster, but are about a half step from Canton and that not having ______ on the roster reflects the poor evaluation skills of the Texans management, not the 5 other teams that has cut said spare.
amen
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on if Joppru was going to stay on injured reserve or anything?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read