Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2005   #1
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Why I Love the Cowboys-Texans Should Watch and Learn!

The Cowboys had a great offseason in which they picked terrific players in the draft and anted up the big bucks for solid and expensive free agents that made an immediate contribution. The team has made big strides under a great coach.

With Flozell Adams going down and the team in dire need of a left tackle, they are working out Ross Verba. We'll see whether they sign him or not, but I like the fact that the Cowboys will do whatever it takes to win NOW, rather than make excuses and write off the whole season.

Bob McNair, watch and learn!

Last edited by CowboysTexansFan; 11-01-2005 at 09:00 PM.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Ross Verba - Now there's a franchise saving delusional LT.

We're probably the team in most need of OL, more specifically LT, help and we didnt bite on Verba. That says alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #3
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I'm not saying Verba is a "franchise saving" LT. Dallas already has Flozell Adams, who is a two-time Pro Bowler. Verba is a significant upgrade over Torrin Tucker, who lost his starting job at RT to a 6th round draft choice this year.

If Dallas signs Verba, it would be an upgrade that would help the team win THIS YEAR. He would simply hold the fort down until Adams returns next year.

Say what you want about Verba, but he's better than any tackle the Texans have.

I expect the Texans to draft a franchise OLT in the upcoming draft, and hopefully some additional linemen. It is a joke that under Charley Casserly the team's offensive line still sucks after four years and amazing that Carr is still in one piece.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys O line is definitely better than last year. Far from great but better
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

We're on the NFL discussion board here I believe. If it's not against any rules and the topic is offered you're going to get NFL discussion.

I don't know a thing about this Verba guy.
Old 11-02-2005   #6
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't know if you can point to a Bill Parcells-led team and generalize about free agent signings... I mean, the Redskins have signed more high-priced, high-profile FAs than anyone in the past five years and it hasn't done much for them. A little improvement this year, but do you really think they're going anywhere?

The FA market is like the lottery. Blowing tons of cap space on a top-flight starter typically leaves a team with little or no depth at that position (or others). When/if that star FA goes down, things become even worse than where you started.

Just my take.
Old 11-02-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Verba would be a waste right now. He is too expensive.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2005   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We welcome all the fans of the NFL here.
DO WE HAVE TOO VINNY!!!! Just kidding!! "Girls" fans get on my nerves coming here to discuss their OWN agenda's and act like this is THEIR board instead of a TEXAN board, but, since they don't have a desent board of their own, I guess they can be excused!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It seems like the Eagles and Patriots usually stay out of the high stakes early free agent period (with the noted exception of 2004 when the Eagles signed Kearse and traded for T.O.). They evaluate the left overs and grab them for less than market value. They also use the draft to restock as well. Since they usually are losing quality free agents and signing guys with less perceived value, they often get compensatory picks too.

In the end, they end up with a very deep team with few blaring weaknesses. You can see how they are able to keep the cycle going.
Old 11-02-2005   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
The Cowboys had a great offseason in which they picked terrific players in the draft and anted up the big bucks for solid and expensive free agents that made an immediate contribution. The team has made big strides under a great coach.

With Flozell Adams going down and the team in dire need of a left tackle, they are working out Ross Verba. We'll see whether they sign him or not, but I like the fact that the Cowboys will do whatever it takes to win NOW, rather than make excuses and write off the whole season.

Bob McNair, watch and learn!

^^Yeah that^^^

I remember so many guys saying after we signed Bledsoe:

"I'm glad we have a fresh young team in Carr, Andre Johnson, and Dom Capers, unlike a bunch of old men past their prime like Keyshawn Johnson, Bledsoe, and Parcells!"

Irony rocks doesn't it?

GO COWBOYS!

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Well to be honest here at the beginning of the year I didn't put my stock in the Cowboys signing Drew...I thought he had seen much better days and was all for them trying to get somebody in the draft and starting new or going with one of their younger QB's. Drew's been a pleasant surprise....and if he would quit fumbling center snaps he'd be even better. So I was wrong and Bill was right. That's maybe why the Cowboys don't have me on their payroll...
Old 11-02-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Verba would be a waste right now. He is too expensive.

I guess he was. The Cowboys signed some guy that played for the Bears for a few years. I guess he's just insurance since Adams is out for the year.
Old 11-03-2005   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for this theory - for now....
Quote:
It appears the Cowboys are looking for a 10th offensive lineman. And while they did bring in veteran offensive tackle Ross Verba for a workout/visit on Tuesday, along with rookie Vontrell Jamison, it doesn't appear Verba is high on the Cowboys' signing list.
-- dallascowboys.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #14
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Well to be honest here at the beginning of the year I didn't put my stock in the Cowboys signing Drew...I thought he had seen much better days and was all for them trying to get somebody in the draft and starting new or going with one of their younger QB's. Drew's been a pleasant surprise....and if he would quit fumbling center snaps he'd be even better. So I was wrong and Bill was right. That's maybe why the Cowboys don't have me on their payroll...
Bledsoe had his best years under Parcells. If not statistically, at least in terms of winning. I think he's scared as hell of Parcells and doesn't take as many chances! (That OT INT against Seattle aside...)
Old 11-03-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Yea I agree. Bill seems to bring out the best in Drew. Fear, respect, for whatever reason he does better.

Somebody told me that they saw Drew in an interview and he said he had gotten his bell rung right before he threw that interception in Seattle. I never saw or heard that myself but that was maybe the dumbest bunch of plays I've ever seen in football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read