Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2005   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Everyone cross your fingers that the jags move

We should all be hoping and pushing for the Jags to move to L.A. I hope McNair is whispering in old man tag's ear

why? because having the L.A. jags in our division will give ALOT of publicity to the Texans. We will have two of our games playing in the biggest media market in america twice a year. It would be like having 2 guaranteed primetime games a season.

With the NFL's love child (colts) and the L.A. jags in our division.. we will be playing in what is possibly the most high profile division in the NFL.

L.A. Jags in 2007!!!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Hmm... can't bring myself to do it though Houston gets razzed quite often from other fans about losing the "Buds". It sucked to go through that as a city.

Let Taggiboo's chips fall where they may.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #3
copycat781
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
We should all be hoping and pushing for the Jags to move to L.A. I hope McNair is whispering in old man tag's ear

why? because having the L.A. jags in our division will give ALOT of publicity to the Texans. We will have two of our games playing in the biggest media market in america twice a year. It would be like having 2 guaranteed primetime games a season.

With the NFL's love child (colts) and the L.A. jags in our division.. we will be playing in what is possibly the most high profile division in the NFL.

L.A. Jags in 2007!!!
Coming from a resident of a city that lost a franchise, that's pretty low. Here's hoping you are some youngster that doesn't know any better.
Old 11-01-2005   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by copycat781
Coming from a resident of a city that lost a franchise, that's pretty low. Here's hoping you are some youngster that doesn't know any better.
I agree. If the Texans want to be part of the "high profile" market, then they should start winning.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #5
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:

L.A. Jags in 2007!!!
I would think they would probably realign the divisions, no?
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt it. The only way would be to move one of the AFC West teams to the South. Although it would make more sense to have the Chiefs in our division if Jags did end up in LA, the rivalry between KC, Denver and Oakland would be something the league would not want to lose. The only possible alternative I see would be to move the Chargers to the South and the LA Jags to the West. I doubt they would do that either.

Afterall, Dallas is in the NFC East and not the NFC South because of their rivalries with Philly, NY and Wash. It would make more sense for the Panthers to be in the East.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think the Chargers will move to LA.

If memory serves me right, Grid is 17 or 18. I'm sure he hardly remembers the Oilers leaving. Even if he does remember it, I doubt he had much invested in them emotionally at that age.
Old 11-01-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

25 actually.. and no i didnt have alot emotionally invested in the oilers. either way.. I dont much care for the jags or their fans, so no i cant bring myself to empathize

Call me callous but ive never been given any reason to like the jags or their fan base.. and if their team moves to L.A. it WOULD be helpful for the Texans... so thats what im rooting for

And the Chargers wont be going anywhere... they are playing too good and there are too many other teams in the league that could possibly move (namely..Saints and Jaguars)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the best way for the Texans to get some love from the networks is by getting the scraps off the Jags' plate? I don't think so. Winning will take care of that all by itself. And frankly, I'm not keen on seeing the Texans on primetime until they build a winner.

I still think it's a lock for the LA Saints.
Old 11-01-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Winning will take care of that all by itself. And frankly, I'm not keen on seeing the Texans on primetime until they build a winner.
I agree. I don't see how we could garner any network love from being beaten badly on national TV twice a year. Imagine the Seahawk game happening twice a year. Makes me want to puke. Until this organization shows that they can put forth a winning team they won't get any love from the national media and deservedly so. Winning, and winning consistently, will bring the attention you seek not getting your brains beat in for the viewing pleasure of a national audience.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #11
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky

I still think it's a lock for the LA Saints.
Sure it's not going to be more like the San Antonion Saints? Hmm...has a nice ring to it.

GO TEXANS!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the commissioner on the radio yesterday talking about the Saints...he basically said he was going to do whatever needed to be done to keep the Saints in Louisiana.

Whether it was lip service or not is up for debate but he didn't sound like a man that wanted that team moved.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I agree. I don't see how we could garner any network love from being beaten badly on national TV twice a year. Imagine the Seahawk game happening twice a year. Makes me want to puke. Until this organization shows that they can put forth a winning team they won't get any love from the national media and deservedly so. Winning, and winning consistently, will bring the attention you seek not getting your brains beat in for the viewing pleasure of a national audience.
I suppose we could be like the team that plays against the Globetrotters.

Do those guys ever win?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read