Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2005   #1
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Run It Up The Middle

Are you freaking kidding me!!! I've yet to miss a Texan home-game and our play calling is now somewhere near the YMCA and street-ball!

Apologies to all of my neigbors in the Club-Level. I didn't mean to spoil the anticipation of our "playcalling " (aka - sleepwalking)....BUT A sure bet for us has become...1st down - Run up the middle, 2nd down - Run up the middle, 3rd & 6...Pass to Gaffney in right slot. Are you KIDDING?!?!?!?! I mean...Caper has an audible for Carr that says "change from THIS run to THAT run". Urgh. Why not RUN to PASS?!??!?!? If you're going to draft someone so hight and expect them to lead us to the promised land....UNTIE THE BINDS!

You wouldn't tell CLEMENS to only pitch FAST BALLS down the middle...or HE could "audible" into a FAST BALL to the inside. OF COURSE NOT. Take the cuffs off, CAPERS!!!

NOW, did we win? Sure. Great. Nice. Woop.

But did I just spend a few hundred bucks and dream about being anywhere but watching our BORING "MILK THE CLOCK" OFFENSE. DEFINITELY.

RUN, RUN, PASS....RUN, RUN, PASS.

With the talent we have... i'm astonished how dumb we act.

:brickwall
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #2
phan1
All Pro

I have no problem with the run run pass. Why? HOW ELSE IS A TEAM SUPPOSED TO RUN THE BALL?!? If there's a team that needs to run the ball, it would be us. How else are we going to establish a run game? It seems like fans always want the QB to gun the ball all over the place. We're not the Rams here. Our recieving core is not very good without AJ, We can't protect Carr consistently, We HAVE TO run the ball. And you can only run the ball on 1st and 2nd down. You want us to be less predictable and do pass pass run? C'mon!

The thing is, you've got to be successful with your running game. Our Oline HAS TO open up holes for DD. We can't afford to have the run stuffed on 1st down. We've also had great success running it to the outside, but it just wasn't there today. But in the end, you've got to run the ball, and there is no reason why we should have topped running the ball today.

And as for "all the talent we have"... WHAT TALENT?!? Our best, most reliable player by far is DD, why should we stop giving him the ball at all? Mathis is talented, but he's still playing like a rookie. Bradford can't catch, and Gaffney is just a solid possetion guy. Worst of all, Carr will not have time to throw it to any of them to give them a chance. I really have no idea what you expect. Carr has trouble keeping his completion percentage above 50. You've better run the ball or Carr is leaving the field on the stretcher.

Last edited by phan1; 10-30-2005 at 10:37 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #3
SESupergenius

If I...the casual fanatical fan..can see that David Carr is audibling at the line, then I know it's a run. Suffice it to say, other teams can see this as well. Hell, even my wife can see it. The coaching staff must allow Carr to be a QB, not a puppet. Allow his lead.
Old 10-30-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Yea, the defense has to love audibles. Rules out the pass completely. Just once they need to give a deep pass audible a shot and see if they can surprise the D a little. Oh wait, that would rely on more than just basic execution.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #5
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai
Are you freaking kidding me!!! I've yet to miss a Texan home-game and our play calling is now somewhere near the YMCA and street-ball!

Apologies to all of my neigbors in the Club-Level. I didn't mean to spoil the anticipation of our "playcalling " (aka - sleepwalking)....BUT A sure bet for us has become...1st down - Run up the middle, 2nd down - Run up the middle, 3rd & 6...Pass to Gaffney in right slot. Are you KIDDING?!?!?!?! I mean...Caper has an audible for Carr that says "change from THIS run to THAT run". Urgh. Why not RUN to PASS?!??!?!? If you're going to draft someone so hight and expect them to lead us to the promised land....UNTIE THE BINDS!

You wouldn't tell CLEMENS to only pitch FAST BALLS down the middle...or HE could "audible" into a FAST BALL to the inside. OF COURSE NOT. Take the cuffs off, CAPERS!!!

NOW, did we win? Sure. Great. Nice. Woop.

But did I just spend a few hundred bucks and dream about being anywhere but watching our BORING "MILK THE CLOCK" OFFENSE. DEFINITELY.

RUN, RUN, PASS....RUN, RUN, PASS.

With the talent we have... i'm astonished how dumb we act.

:brickwall

Well DD is our best option on any down i rather us run 3 in a row than give and Unname Qb a chance to throw and interception. sorry if i dont name the QB but ive been warned By a Mod about criticize than surtain Fresno state Stand out.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
Well DD is our best option on any down i rather us run 3 in a row than give and Unname Qb a chance to throw and interception. sorry if i dont name the QB but ive been warned By a Mod about criticize than surtain Fresno state Stand out.
I read the PM the mod sent to you and it's pretty much the same stuff I've warned you about in the past. Redundant trolling posts regardless of topic or target player are not welcome here. Bring something to the discussion other than 'Carr sucks' a thousand times in a row. You can be critical of Carr all you want but you need to figure out how to inject it into our discussions in a more mature manner.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read