Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default why is bradford starting

i mean supposedly armstrong has the best hands on the team and gaffney is doing much better...i would bench bradford and start armstrong and gaffney and have mathis the 3rd reciever til andre gets back...anyone feel the same way
Old 10-30-2005   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

because he was our prize free agent acquisition?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #3
touttail
All Pro

I guess he's sarting so we can watch how many passes he drops.

He needs to get more splinters and Mathis/Armstrong needs to get more PT!

Apparently our coaches can't fathom this!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard he has pictures of Dom with some sort of animal! J/K Must be something like that, because it can't be for his play.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

In the past Bradfords place on this team was secure and rightly so. He brought speed like nobody else we had and he had a knack for making the highlight reel catch at just the right moment. We all knew that he was prone to dropping the easy ones butthe Texans felt that this was a fair trade off to get the big play potential he came with.

This season I haven't seen that positive side of Bradfords game at all. All he's doing in 2005 is dropping passes and playing himself out of the league. Look at the Miami game and see how he turned a simple quick slant into a touchdown. That wasn't a complicated play and it wasn't something that this team today (as bad as it is) couldn't do. Bradford just isn't catching much these days.

I've been a defender of Bradford but I can't do it anymore. His roster slot could be used in half a dozen ways that would improve this team instead of on him.
Old 10-30-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, Bradford used to be the speed guy. But now Mathis is faster and has better hands.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #7
phan1
All Pro

Yeah, and there's also the fact that Carr really doesn't feel comfortable with him 1st and foremost. It always seems in his interviews that he's much more comfortable with AJ, Armstrong, and Gaffney in that order. But he's got to throw it to the open guy, so Bradford will always have a couple drops coming his way.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2005   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I heard he has pictures of Dom with some sort of animal! J/K Must be something like that, because it can't be for his play.
Really, there HAS to be something else. This guy is lucky to be on a roster, much less a starter. Can we send him back to GB for anything? A fresh batch of towels, a new cooler, something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I agree. He had his roster spot locked in the previous few seasons. Now that his poor play has continued and a couple of other WR's are stepping up I beleive the staff will take notice and make changes. At least I hope so
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Armstrong started the game and Bradford came off the bench.

For some reason Carr loves to throw the ball to Bradford way too much. At one point the announcers stated Bradford is so bad that Cleveland should not even put a defender on the guy.

Armstrong just catches everything thrown his direction.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #11
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
At one point the announcers stated Bradford is so bad that Cleveland should not even put a defender on the guy.
I laughed pretty hard when they said that. Its sad, cause its true! He was wide open a few times and just dropped the ball. On one play it was 3rd down and he ran a curl route at the 1st down line, and when he caught the ball, he let the defender rip it out of his hands. Our recievers just dont fight for the ball anymore. If Bradford steps on the field next week for any reason other than injuries, the whole coaching staff should be kicked in the nuts.
Old 10-31-2005   #12
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Armstrong started the game and Bradford came off the bench.

For some reason Carr loves to throw the ball to Bradford way too much. At one point the announcers stated Bradford is so bad that Cleveland should not even put a defender on the guy.

Armstrong just catches everything thrown his direction.

Bradford was open every time he saw the ball yesterday. Carr delivered it right on the money and I believe Bradford didnt have a single catch. I hate to critisize players on MY team but Bradford has easily become our weakest link on offense and possibly the weakest link on the team. His job is to catch the ball when its thrown to him, he just seems to be very... very bad at it.

Last edited by HardKnockTexan; 10-31-2005 at 11:17 AM.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #13
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

but he's sooooo fast ....
Old 10-31-2005   #14
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
His job is to catch the ball when its thrown to him, he just seems to be very... very bad at it.
That's exactly why he fits perfectly into our system.
Old 10-31-2005   #15
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Not that I disagree with you about everything else, but Bradford did make ONE catch.
I started closing my eyes when the ball was thrown his way so I very easily could of missed it.
Old 10-31-2005   #16
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Not that I disagree with you about everything else, but Bradford did make ONE catch.
His catch was on the one play that it was obvious Carr went from sideline to sideline with his read. Yes people it does actually happen.... sometimes.
Old 10-31-2005   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradford plays ahead of Mathis b/c Jerome is the return guy, Gaffney is the slot, and Robaire Smith is drinking gatorade.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Bradford plays ahead of Mathis b/c Jerome is the return guy, Gaffney is the slot, and Robaire Smith is drinking gatorade.

Laugh all you guys want but Robaire Smith has deceptive speed and he's a weapon my friends. A big old Rumblin, Bumblin weapon.
Old 10-31-2005   #19
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Laugh all you guys want but Robaire Smith has deceptive speed and he's a weapon my friends. A big old Rumblin, Bumblin weapon.
He cant have worse hands than Bradford... Id like to see a CB try to tackle him lol!
Old 10-31-2005   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
He cant have worse hands than Bradford... Id like to see a CB try to tackle him lol!

Yeah but do we really want to watch plays that take 30-40 seconds to conclude but only net 6 yards? That would be some big 'ol boy ball control offense. If we can get Seth Payne in the slot we could maybe eat a quarter per drive.

Carr steps back to pass. Robaire Smith begins his route. Plod-plod-plod-plod-turn.....Pop!

Robaire catches the ball and a cornerback leaps onto his shoulders. Robaire turns slowly in place as a Safety races towards him. Plod-plod-plod...

Robaire gains a yard as a linebacker wraps himself around one of his legs. The cornerback hanging on for dear life loses his grip and falls to the ground. Just then another linebacker and a safety hit Robaire from opposite sides.

Plod-plod-plod..... Robaire gains another yard. The linebacker trying to wrap up Robaires leg falls off and Robaire gets another yard.

Finally a defensive end and the all of the remaining secondary jump on Smith who takes one more shaking step and then falls forward for a gain of another four yards.

Total time elapsed: 35 seconds, total yards gained: 7. Robaire staggers towards the sideline as Junior Ioane comes in to give him a break. Juniors not as good as Robaire so he only gains 4 yards on the pass he catches. David Carr ends up with 126 yards passing for the day but completes all but one of his passes. That one went to Corey Bradford who was uncovered in the endzone while everyone crowded around Gary Walker running a slow-mo slant. Corey dropped it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read