Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's latest excuses?

So, what's Carr's excuse today? He had plenty of time to throw today and still ran himself into sacks while looking completely confused the entire game.

And a note to Big Dave.... the opposing team knows that every time you audible it is a run off left tackle. Try to change it up every once in a while.
Old 10-30-2005   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
So, what's Carr's excuse today? He had plenty of time to throw today and still ran himself into sacks while looking completely confused the entire game.

And a note to Big Dave.... the opposing team knows that every time you audible it is a run off left tackle. Try to change it up every once in a while.
Have you considered the possibility that Carr isn't the guy who gameplans the checks on the line? That he's given the play to check into when he sees a certain defensive front? Dude's just following orders.

The Texans win and you can't back off for even a day?
Old 10-30-2005   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The audible problem is the COACHES fault.

In an interview, Carr blew the whistle on Capers & Co. by saying that "..the only audible he's allowed to do is to switch a run play from one side to the other..."

So, it's the coaches fault on that one. Heck, if we all know about it...obviously the opponents' scouting teams know about it too. That's what so frustrating: Our coaching staff is a bunch of tards.

My wife thinks I'm psychic when I say, "Watch, this will be a running play..." And she's creeped out when it IS a running play every time I see Carr audibling. She asks me how I know it, and I told her that some posters here heard an interview with Carr, etc., etc., and she was laughing when I got finished telling her "If someone like me knows this, what else do you think the OPPONENTS know in addition to this one little obvious playcalling snafu?"

Carr is just 50-50. Bradford dropped a legitimate pass, but there was another time when the defender made a good play and wrestled the ball out of Bradford's hands. Then you have times when Carr ran out of bounds instead of staying in bounds to keep the clock running or to force Cleveland to call a timeout.

I used to be hard-core anti-Carr...but now I'm 50-50 on this guy. He'l make great passes and then he'll make bone-head decisions, such as running out of bounds or running into a sack when the line gave him great protection. The least he could do is just throw it at the feet of a downfield receiver.

And by the way, does our coaching team know about the fade stop route...where Gafney could have been told in the huddle, "Gaff, if you see the blitz coming to me, stop and come back 'cause I'm throwing it to the 10-yard line behind you."

We could victimize teams with the fade stop if we wanted to.

Overall, we played a team that's just like us. It's a win, and I'll take it (especially since we now will not be 0-16) but this coaching staff tried very hard to throw the game again.
Old 10-30-2005   #4
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i cant see the receivers but for some reason i got the impression that his guys werent getting open that much. gaffney seemed to be getting open because he runs crisp routes and mathis can just outrun everyone. 1 sack was a great play by the defender. as for the audibles...im not gonna blame him for the coaching staff only letting him audible to 1 or 2 different plays

carr looked like he put pretty good touch on the ball on a few plays as well. i saw a glimpse of the minnesota game today.

now for a weird observation. ragone is a lefty but i see him write on the clipboard with his right hand. THAT is talent people. i can hardly put a spiral when i try to throw a football with my left hand.
Old 10-30-2005   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the plays he got screwed on were great reads by the D and Carr did the smart thing and protected the ball. On the fake reverse debacle he was smart and just gave his team MVP Chad Stanley a chance to punt.
Old 10-30-2005   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And though I am a big DD homer...

DD could have laid a chip block to stop Carr from getting sacked on the busted fake end around...but he let his guy go right to Carr. DD sometimes releases to the safety valve position too quickly instead of staying with Carr for blocking duties.

That one was on DD.
Old 10-30-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is just not a blocking back.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

That one was on DD.
No, the play is designed to go to Davis in the flat. See the DD touchdown reception vs. Pittsburgh and the catch & run TD at Seattle. The Browns MLB read it & made the play. Sometimes you just have to credit the opposition.
Old 10-30-2005   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

I thought that for a second, but the way I saw it...

DD's body language looked like he knew he wasn't going to get to the block so he tried to release and give Carr "an out" and it didn't work as DD planned.

I didn't think this particular play was designed to go to DD from the beginning.

But that's just me.
Old 10-30-2005   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

It looked like Carr wasn't even trying to find Davis the whole play, and I thought Carr was having receivers coming back across the field rolling with him. The angle the TV cameras gave us on TV didn't show the receivers in the screen: It was all Carr and DD on the TV, so I couldn't tell about the routes the receivers were running.
Old 10-30-2005   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The Browns MLB read it & made the play. Sometimes you just have to credit the opposition.
Andre Davis didn't bite at all on that play. The fake reverse didn't even cause him a second of hesitation. He zeroed in on Carr and the play was over in a hurry.

We were very lucky to make it out of this game with a win.
Old 10-30-2005   #12
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Lest we all forget, Grantham was our DL coach up until this year. Do you think he can get inside Capers head a little bit? Now you know Capers knows this, and yet he gameplanned the same old stupid way he always does. Mr. predictable! And perish the thought of even trying to do some adjustments at halftime! Now you see how bad Cleveland must really be if we still beat 'em after all that!
Old 10-30-2005   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

he didnt look confused to me and he only got sacked twice.
Old 10-30-2005   #14
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

honestly, it is hard to find an open WR, when you are staring down one guy. My brother and I were talking about this while watching the game. He said that he would love to be a DB playing against Carr. He said that you always know where Carr is going to throw it, so it makes covering the WR so much easier. I can actually say that I don't remember a single time that Carr checked down. He locked onto his 1st option until he either threw the ball or took off running.
Old 10-30-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

when Bradford is your other option I would be locking on one receiver too.
Old 10-30-2005   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Got a point.
Old 10-30-2005   #17
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
your argument doesn't hold water...Carr locked onto Bradford also. Every time Carr threw to Bradford, he was locked onto him the whole way.
Old 10-30-2005   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

ever hear of
Old 10-30-2005   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
honestly, it is hard to find an open WR, when you are staring down one guy. My brother and I were talking about this while watching the game. He said that he would love to be a DB playing against Carr. He said that you always know where Carr is going to throw it, so it makes covering the WR so much easier. I can actually say that I don't remember a single time that Carr checked down. He locked onto his 1st option until he either threw the ball or took off running.
he does lock on to his reciever a little to much. but there were several times when he checked down today.
Old 10-30-2005   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
your argument doesn't hold water...Carr locked onto Bradford also. Every time Carr threw to Bradford, he was locked onto him the whole way.
thats not true. i know for a fact one pass to bradford carr looked right, then middle, and finally left were he found bradford(who droped it).
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read