Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2005   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Phillip Buchanon

Is it just me or is he getting better every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #2
BigBalla1983
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BigBalla1983 Send a message via MSN to BigBalla1983 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBalla1983

why make so many posts just follow up on the other posts. but yeah he finally did something but he got lucky since he missed judged the pass a little.
Old 10-30-2005   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, let's see his best plays

1) Trips a WR intentionally because he was beat

2) get his finger tip on a ball because he was beat.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #4
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan

And won the game for us.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #5
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he still sucks, but yay for Phillip.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan

Got to agree with AT here. Phillip still doesn't deserve to start opposite Dunta, and he's still a liability defensively. Teams are going to run to his side because they know he's afraid to tackle, and they'll throw to whomever he's covering because they know he'll be off of him.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
And won the game for us.

If any one player won the game for us it was Mathis. He caught our lone TD, and gave us good field position all game.

Phillip was beat by Bryant, but Dilfer underthrew the ball giving PBuch a chance to tip it away. If Trent gets the ball up the field more we'd be here talking about how we lost on a last second TD pass and how much Phillip stunk it up. I'm glad it turned out well for us and we got a win, but let's not give Phillip the Defensive Player of the Year award for getting a lucky break.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2005   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp

...just you
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

You can't base an argument on saying if this or if that. If our receivers were better, Carr would've had 4 touchdowns. If our line could block Davis would've ran for 150 yards. But they didn't.

The fact is that Buchanon did make a great adjustment and tip the ball away from the receiver. Whether he is the game's defensive MVP is another argument because several of our defensive players finally made some plays. But give the guy some credit.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

No ifs about it ... PBuch made a play . He actually over ran it thats why he used his left hand .

If PBuch had an O-line and time to throw he 'd be better . Leave PBuch alone .
Old 10-30-2005   #11
phan1
All Pro

I don't think he did much todayat all. Even on the last play, he was beat by 3+ yards. I'm just happy Dilfer made a bad throw, because if he puts some more air under that, we would be talking about Buchanon in a totally different tone. If anything, that ball should have been an interception, not a tip up so that the WR can have a chance. Buchanon should be thanking his lucky stars it was underthrown or he would be making major headlines tomorrow in the worst way possible.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #12
done88
Veteran

He was not beat by 3 yards and Dilfer did not under throw. The best corners look bait a quarter back into making a throw and then they make a play. That is why speed is so important. Its called make up speed for a reason. I'm not a big Buc fan either. However he was hitting hard and making good tackles today. He ended the gameby making a play on a ball that would have hit the reciever in stride at the goal line. The idea is to hit the reciever in the numbers. If Buc does not tip the ball it hits the reciever in the numbers in stride. He was not throwing the ball up high because hew did not see Buc. It was simply a good play. This is the first win enjoy it. Quit being so negetive.
Old 10-30-2005   #13
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If PBuch had an O-line and time to throw he 'd be better

P-Buc made a good play to end the game, the throw was right on the money to the WR and P-Buc came from nowhere seemingly to make the play. But hey, even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
And won the game for us.
That I won't take away from him. He did not give up on the play. Think it was a case of good effort creating good luck.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #15
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Exclamation

this is what buchanon dodes as a player he will suck it up for 2 or 3 games then make some amazingly good or lucky play. i'd rahter have someone more consistant that doesn't have the big play ability but doesn't make as many big mistakes...

our return game is looking dangerous which is good if ur gonna be the worst team in the league.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp

PBurnt is so so lucky. Bryant ate his lunch and he manages to get a left finger on the ball to deflect it!

Faggins is lucky too that Bryant had his toe on the line or he would have given up another touchdown!

They can't cover anyones WR's!

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

You cant complain about Pbuch being beet if he still made the play. You cant complain about Faggins being beat by Bryant either. Football is a game of inches. The inches fell our way in this game.
IMO if Faggins was guarding ABryant we loose this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everone has been all over PBuch for awhile now, but I have not read one thing about Faggins performances lately. PBuch had a whiff or two yesterday, but he also laid a hit on a one of the Browns WR on the sideline that knocked the ball loose stopping a Browns drive and he also had the play that clinched the win. He had a couple of other pretty good plays yesterday. I guess the PBuch bashing won't stop until he averages 30 tackles and 5 INT's a game. Some here are quick to call for heads when the not so big name guys struggle from time to time, but when AJ is dropping passes game in and game or DRob gets burnt on a long pass play I don't see anyone calling to bench or trade these guys...

Last edited by texan279; 10-31-2005 at 09:16 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have not watched my Tivo yet, but the guys on the post-game show on SR610 were saying this was Buch's best game wire-to-wire this season. I do remember at least two solid plays by him earlier in the game and I don't remember any times that I wanted him benched, FWIW.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

He has definetely gotten more physical. I think that coach Hoke has made some progress with him.

On the downside, he's still getting burnt on some plays and has not been a playmaker.

Overall, the guy is still a big disappointment considering everything that was given away to get him.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read