Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2005   #21
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Mathis is sick. He is the best pick of the draft so far.
For sure. Good pick Casserly.
Old 10-30-2005   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I gotta be the umptenth person to tell you rockabilly that you nailed it with your comments about Mathis - he's our MVP in this game ! I hope Capers gave
him a game ball because he deserves it. And we are just starting to tap this
guys potential. How could he have fallen all the way to the 4th round ?
Mathis was our MVP last week too.

He feel to the fourth round because he was from a small school and had questionable hands. He was accused of 'double catching'. At least, thats what I read somewhere...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #23
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mathis was our MVP last week too.

He feel to the fourth round because he was from a small school and had questionable hands. He was accused of 'double catching'. At least, thats what I read somewhere...
bradford used to double catch. now he no catches.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #24
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week we will see Mathis Opposite AJ, and Jabar in there as well. Bradford is riding pine Im sure. If we get DC some options we have a chance next week.
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #25
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Gaff and Math rocked today. I kept expecting Math to pull a TD run off the kick-off.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #26
thefuture17
Rookie

Does anyone think Mathis will ever become a number 1 reciever or a probowl reciever??????
Old 10-30-2005   #27
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

jerome mathis has more kick returns for TD's in his young career then the tampa bay buccaneers have in their 30 year franchise history.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2005   #28
touttail
All Pro

After his play the last two weeks, the opposing teams will either kick a squibb kick or try to kick it away from him. He is too good for them to continue to kick the ball to.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture17
Does anyone think Mathis will ever become a number 1 reciever or a probowl reciever??????
If he stays a Texan(and I hope he does) he will not be a number one but he could probably be a pro bowl player alongside AJ. With those two out there, the defense will be too stretched.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #30
phan1
All Pro

Yeah, but as a WR, I honestly don't expect too much from him...yet. He still looks like a rookie (had a big drop last weekend). He's like Morency IMO. A guy with lots of ability (even more than DD IMO) but is just obviously inexperienced. I expect him to really improve as the season goes on though. Today's TD catch will hopefully be a big confidence booster.

As for having him on special teams... WOW. Givin our Offensive situation (it's not like our O played that much better today), Mathis' presence on special teams is really critical. This was definitely a break-out game for him as a returner. Hopefully, he'll be able to do this for us on a consistent basis, not just because of bad special teams from the Browns.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #31
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Mathis has proved to alot of people that doubted him that he is good. All I heard at the beggining of the season was swinton and thomas this swinton and thomas that. Now I see most of you worshipping mathis. Check out the players before automatically judging them next time
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #32
Cheroqui
Veteran

I knew he could help. I just want him and AJ on the field at the same time. Last time I mentioned putting him opposite of Andre for the spped threat and openings some said "he hasn't proven himself as a receiver yet", so I wondered how he would get the chance to if you don't get him out on the field? Now all we need to do is get the tight ends involved still trying the running game and see what happens. If Vick can win a game throwing to Crumpler all day, I'm sure we can win more just adding them in with all the rest of our options. You don't have to have an Antonio Gates or Jeremy Shockey to move the ball with in the TE position all of the time either.
Let's work!
Old 10-31-2005   #33
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
If he stays a Texan(and I hope he does) he will not be a number one but he could probably be a pro bowl player alongside AJ. With those two out there, the defense will be too stretched.
Dare I say, with two legitimate WR's on the outside the Texan's might be able to use Gaffney the way he is supposed to be used. Like Stokely is used. Maybe a TE would be open in the middle more often. We have the RB. The big question mark is this. Can Carr read the defense fast enough to find the open man?
Old 10-31-2005   #34
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Dare I say, with two legitimate WR's on the outside the Texan's might be able to use Gaffney the way he is supposed to be used. Like Stokely is used. Maybe a TE would be open in the middle more often. We have the RB. The big question mark is this. Can Carr read the defense fast enough to find the open man?
Can the line hold anyone back? I still think the line looked sloppy. DD had to make things happen; the line wasn't opening holes. The pass protection was still bad, too. Not as bad as the past, but I'm willing to assume that's because of the Brown's D-line and not our O-line.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #35
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I forgot the Entire Browns DL is in Denver now. That is a big hit for the Browns defense.
Old 10-31-2005   #36
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
If we could only draft "steals" like this in the second and third rounds!!
I'd be happy if we got 2nd and 3rd round quality players out of those two rounds.
Old 10-31-2005   #37
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I'd be happy if we got 2nd and 3rd round quality players out of those two rounds.
I'd be happy if we didn't trade them away for a big weenie.
Old 10-31-2005   #38
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

He's fast ooooh babyyyyyyyyyy!

He is the only thing that was positive about the draft.
Old 10-31-2005   #39
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Everyone on this board has hyped Mathis and finally he has started producing. He was slowed by injuries early, but now we are seeing the true talent of the small school star. It is ashame that most small schoolers get drafted late, but hell I will take a kid like Mathis anyday. Now we need AJ healty and Bradford gets to watch the games from now on. BTW did you see they played Armstrong and he caught every pass thrown at him except for that PI that was missed, that would have been ball on the one yard line. ******* Refs...
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #40
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
After his play the last two weeks, the opposing teams will either kick a squibb kick or try to kick it away from him. He is too good for them to continue to kick the ball to.

bobby 119C
If our opponent tries to squib kick to one of the guys in front, that could still work in our favor for field position.

God bless Jerome Mathis - and Dunta and Domanick, too. Amen.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read