Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2005   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerome Mathis

I dont think we need a #2 WR any more.
Now we need a #1 WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #2
BigBalla1983
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BigBalla1983 Send a message via MSN to BigBalla1983 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBalla1983

what do you mean now we need a number 1 reciever? Andre Johnson??????
Old 10-30-2005   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean we need to get him on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

All i know is that not to many people are complaning about reggie swinton being released anymore! Mathis has shown he can stretch the field, needs to work on his hands, but once AJ gets healthy, i feel better about our O.
Old 10-30-2005   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
All i know is that not to many people are complaning about reggie swinton being released anymore! Mathis has shown he can stretch the field, needs to work on his hands, but once AJ gets healthy, i feel better about our O.
a tight end, lineman or two, and a new offensive coordinator and we might have us a good offense.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis = Texans MVP.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis is sick. He is the best pick of the draft so far.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2005   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis = a reason to watch the Texans play
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

With the way Gaff and Mathis have been playing, think AJ will be back next week? If we could throw Bradford under a bus, we would be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
With the way Gaff and Mathis have been playing, think AJ will be back next week? If we could throw Bradford under a bus, we would be good to go.
Yea, Mathis, Gaff and AJ would scare the heck out of most Defensive Coordinators(sp?).
Old 10-30-2005   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradford just played his way out of the starting rotation today.

If he didn't, then this coaching staff is a bunch of flamers for certain players.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis is no doubt delivering on all the off season hype we gave him. He is no doubt earning his check. Without Mathis, we wouldnt of won this game. Not only for that great TD catch, but for our field position getting us into field goal range.

Mathis's jersey is the only one I would buy right now. He is our Dante Hall.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #13
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Bradford made the team after underachieving for two years before that! Just where do you suppose the coaching staff should pickup on the fact that he is a loser? Oy yeah, since they are too.......!
Old 10-30-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
Mathis is no doubt delivering on all the off season hype we gave him. He is no doubt earning his check. Without Mathis, we wouldnt of won this game. Not only for that great TD catch, but for our field position getting us into field goal range.

Mathis's jersey is the only one I would buy right now. He is our Dante Hall.
Im trying to find a Mathis jersey right now...
Old 10-30-2005   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Mathis attempted to foil the Texan's plans to lose last week.

This week, he succeeded!!! He caught the td and the coaches made sure not to have him catch another pass all game. I bet they were searching high and low to find someone to replace him on kick returns when he kept reeling off the long gains!!!
Old 10-30-2005   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker

This week, he succeeded!!! He caught the td and the coaches made sure not to have him catch another pass all game. I bet they were searching high and low to find someone to replace him on kick returns when he kept reeling off the long gains!!!
Casserly must be frustrated, he accidently drafted a good player...
Old 10-30-2005   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Casserly has no need to worry. All he has to do is trade Mathis for a 6th rounder next year and everything will be all better
Old 10-30-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I listened to most of the game after getting almost to Centerville. Sucks when you can't watch, but I'm excited about the win. And the emotions were no differemt in the car as I was driving. There were a couple of times where they had excellent field position, but could not get the touchdown. Man, they need to learn how to finish.

Mathis was awesome again this week, despite being a little shaky after that first TD. Can't wait for AJ to get back. I hope he plays next week. I agree that AJ, Gaffney, & Mathis would be trouble - Bradford, has butterfingers right now and needs to get that checked out.

Ugly win, but I'll take it.
Old 10-30-2005   #19
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Caper's turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker

...so true, a Caper's coached team seldom builds on unplanned successes but always reverts back to the 'coaching not to lose' mode--Browns weren't scoring TDs, neither were the Texans. This win is vintage Capers and Romeo coached right into the scenario--one announcer even made a comment that Romeo said he was 'coaching not to lose' too much, needed to get away from that philosophy. Most coaches have figured out Caper's game plan and I thought Romeo would too--instead, he played into Caper's 'backyard.'...today was Caper's turn in the candy store!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
I gotta be the umptenth person to tell you rockabilly that you nailed it with your comments about Mathis - he's our MVP in this game ! I hope Capers gave
him a game ball because he deserves it. And we are just starting to tap this
guys potential. How could he have fallen all the way to the 4th round ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read