Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-29-2005   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bush or Peterson

If Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson came out this year for the draft and were healthy ... who do you take ?
Old 10-29-2005   #2
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
If Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson came out this year for the draft and were healthy ... who do you take ?
My bad, Bush

Last edited by yaboycm; 10-29-2005 at 08:42 PM.
yaboycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #3
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default peterson!

I would take peterson hands down..bigger and stronger and besides , he is home grown.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Petersons a soph thats why I said if .
Old 10-29-2005   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

a left tackle!!!
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Peterson is going to be a better pro. He is big, fast, and has good moves.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think Peterson is going to be a better pro. He is big, fast, and has good moves.
Peterson is bigger but not as fast. remember speed kills. moves are relative to their size of which both are remarkable. Who will be the better pro may depend upon who selects them and how they are used, the one with the better situation gets the edge, so its yet to be determined
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Peterson looks like a pre-retirement Ricky Williams. He just runs through people and then out runs everyone once he gets free. His biggest challenge is going to be surviving Oklahoma without being constantly hobbled.
Old 10-29-2005   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

If Bush is faster its not by much .
Old 10-29-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Earl its not even close, but you have to remember the size difference. meaning the physics of contact are easily in Petersons corner & this is his strength. Reggie has clocked 40 times in the Michael/Marcus Vic range (4.25-.28) but his strength is to spread the defense then disable their reaction time.
Old 10-29-2005   #11
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bush's 40-time about .15th faster than AP's?
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

AP is faster than 4.5. Bush has apparently ran a 4.35 which sounds about right. I don't think I've ever seen AP caught from behind once he is at full sprint and if he ran a 4.5 he would be caught by a DB. I would say that Bush is a little bit faster than AP but the difference is negligable. I do remember some freakish stat about AP that said that he can hold a 40 pound dumbell in each hand and still register a 34 or 35 inch vertical. It might be even more weight.
Old 10-30-2005   #13
stephen1
Veteran

we need some one who scored touchdowns. bush is our man.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #14
TexansCanes
All Pro

don't know ap's 40 time but i do know that he finished third in the 100m state finals behind a guy named ivory williams who is scary fast, so adrian has some speed. i think he runs in the 10.5-10.6 range. the difference is the lateral movement which bush has him by a lot, but in a race it would be a lot closer than most people think.
Old 10-30-2005   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I wanted a pure HB, then I'd choose AP. If I wanted a 2 down back, then I'd choose Bush.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

AP is listed at 6'2 and 210 lbs with a 4.4 forty . Bush is listed at 6'0 and 200 lbs with a 4.3 forty .
Old 10-30-2005   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Running Back | Junior | Southern Cal Reggie Bush
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.28

off the NFL Countdown site, no verification of its accuracy.

here is some info from his bio from High School-

He made the Cal-Hi Sports All-State Sophomore first team in 2000.

In his career, he ran for 4,995 yards (averaging 12.0 a carry) and scored 450 points. He also competed in track at Helix, placing third in the 2002 California state 100 meters final and posting bests of 10.42 in the 100 (the fastest prep time in California in 2002 and the fastest among the nation's 2002 senior footballers) and 21.06 in the 200 meters (third fastest prep in California in 2002). He placed second in the boys' 50-meter dash in 5.85 at the 2003 Los Angeles Invitational Indoor Meet.

simple math converts his 2003 indoor 50-meter dash time into a 4.28 40 so thats where I'm guessing they got their est. number for Reggie Bush.
Old 10-30-2005   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Their both really good prospects . I'd go with Bush because he's all ready being used like he would as a pro . AP is a fine back but at 6'2 and 210lbs . he better adopt Eric Dickerson's style .
Old 10-30-2005   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

You can't just take a 50 time and turn it into a 40 time. 4.28 is much lower than every time I've heard about him. I've heard he is around 4.35. But regardless it is all about what kind of back you want. If you want a Brian Westbrook type all around back then you should take Reggie. If you want a Ricky Williams type run you over running back then you should take Adrian. Personally, I would take Adrian because I think he will be a better pro. He is like a better Ronnie Brown. But that is just me.
Old 10-30-2005   #20
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
He is like a better Ronnie Brown. But that is just me.
Don't get me wrong, AP is a fine prospect, but Ronnie is faster (4.38 40 time in combine) and more physical than AP. Now in the longrun, who knows?
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read