Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2005   #1
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

Default Will the Chiefs game get busted to Noon?

During this past off season, I remember the NFL relenting and allowing ESPN and ABC to change a "late season" national game if the matchup is not worthy of a national audience. I can not find the details of this announcement so I do not know when they are able to do this or if they are even able to this year.

Anyone remember the details? Thanks.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #2
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

it was never actually approved. It was discussed as a possibility due to a huge mismatch game being slotted and ESPN wanted to have the option to change it, but the NFL commission never approved it.

Honestly, the logistics of it are just too big to walk in a change the late ESPN game. Not only do you have to change the time of the game itself, but you gotta change 2 other teams who would then take the timeslot.

The schedule stands as is, unless of course a hurricane or other act of God dictates a change.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #3
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
The schedule stands as is, unless of course a hurricane or other act of God dictates a change.
In other words, we're going to suck on national tv again......
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #4
sulli60
Rookie

I think they will approve re-scheduling games next year when Monday Night and Sunday games are switched. I'm not sure how much notice will be given to fans, but I'm sure it won't be something us Texans fans will have to worry about for a few years.
sulli60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulli60
I think they will approve re-scheduling games next year when Monday Night and Sunday games are switched. I'm not sure how much notice will be given to fans, but I'm sure it won't be something us Texans fans will have to worry about for a few years.
No doubt there will be a long drought now, no matter who comes in to be our saviour.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Hey next year we may steal a MNF game due to the rivalry game we have against Dallas. We play them next year, and since they are doing well we may be able to get a MNF for the Texas Football Championship.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Hey next year we may steal a MNF game due to the rivalry game we have against Dallas. We play them next year, and since they are doing well we may be able to get a MNF for the Texas Football Championship.
All for it, just do not know if the market will bear it for advertising dollars. The way it sits now I am crossing my fingers for at least a Sunday night game.

If we turn it around and finish above .500 for the remiander of the games and Dallas makes it to playoffs we got a shot.
Old 10-27-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We won't be on national TV for years just like the Bengals were never on national tv while they were so horrid.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #9
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

The country needs a good laugh on Nov 20th....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I only get to watch the Texans when they play on national tv, so I am glad that the game is still on.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #11
GLM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I only get to watch the Texans when they play on national tv, so I am glad that the game is still on.
Same here, plus I don't have to wake up at 7am if it's a Sunday night game.
GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #12
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We won't be on national TV for years just like the Bengals were never on national tv while they were so horrid.
A good thing, or not, is that each team gets at least one national game every two years. I hope it is not a Texans/Saints game in Mexico City in 07.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM
Same here, plus I don't have to wake up at 7am if it's a Sunday night game.
With that 5 or 6 hour difference, you get a regular 'afternoon' game then.
But isn't it really hard to sit around on a Sunday afternoon and watch football in Honolulu?
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #14
Bassinguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid
In other words, we're going to suck on national tv again......
Looks that way.
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
A good thing, or not, is that each team gets at least one national game every two years.
I'm not familiar with this policy...can you provide a link?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read