Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-05-2004   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
I can't wait for the lions/texans game. Dunta is gonna have to cover Roy, and Glenn is gonna have to cover Rogers....then the slot is gonna have to cover Tai Streets, whewwww. I think we'll win though cause I think we'll be having pressure on Harrington all day where he barely gets any balls out to Roy/Charles.

I think roy is better than rogers. I bet they put glenn on williams.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #22
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i dunno...cause that still leaves rogers...he's pretty good too...the one thing is we're gonna be a disadvantage that game...both of our starting corners will be below 6ft tall and both of their starting recievers will be above 6ft...we'll be counting on our safeties for help in this game and hopeing that the pass rush is there...because if our pass rush is good that game harrington will rush the pass like he does when there's no time to throw
Old 05-05-2004   #23
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i dunno...cause that still leaves rogers...he's pretty good too...the one thing is we're gonna be a disadvantage that game...both of our starting corners will be below 6ft tall and both of their starting recievers will be above 6ft...we'll be counting on our safeties for help in this game and hopeing that the pass rush is there...because if our pass rush is good that game harrington will rush the pass like he does when there's no time to throw
All it takes is one or two good hits on them, from Coleman and Brown, to make them not want to catch the ball.

Lay the hat.
Old 05-05-2004   #24
wiley2002
Veteran

With the way their O-line is at this point I'd have to say we should have our way with them in Week 2.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #25
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Carr was the better pick considering he had to start with 5 other rookies on offense and Harrington had alot more veterans with him, he also had a line that was together for a few years.

Basically Carr didn't have the luxuries Harrington had even if it wasn't that much more luxury.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #26
wiley2002
Veteran

I like David Carr. i just hope that Harrington can step it up and not become just another Ryan Leaf story.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #27
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
All you have to be with Rogers is physical, and Robinson loves playing physical. Rogers has all the speed in the world, but doesnt have the upper body strength. (He broke his collarbone when Dre' Bly was playing bump and run coverage during practice with him.) I think I read that he only started doing upper body works in March due to his broken collarbone, dont quote me on that though.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2004   #28
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Charles upper body will be much stronger this season, trust me. Rogers will school Robinson if they face eachother this year, don't mean to dawg our rookie, but he is a rookie corner. Rogers knows their playbook pretty well by now, and should be smarter/stronger this year. I think Robinson will go against Tai or Roy though..
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #29
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I don't think Roy is better than Rogers right now, he's more explosive, but not as consistent.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The beauty is that Robinson will not have to match up one on one with either Roy or Charles, given the defensive scheme the Texans imploy. Robinson's speed will be tested for sure but I feel confident his statement will be made "don't come into Mr. Robinson's neighborhood, again".
Everyone aknowledges the Lions had their best draft in years, but how many Texan fans would trade Robinson & Babin for Williams & Jones?
Only the scoreboard will tell
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #31
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Lions season depends greatly on Harrington. If he improves they will have a good offense. If they do not it will be a long year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #32
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
All you have to be with Rogers is physical, and Robinson loves playing physical.
Good point. But this year you have to take into consideration, the change in the way DB's can play the bump. The are going to crack down on it this year. Making it alot easier for WR's, and alot harder for DB's.
Old 05-09-2004   #33
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
I see Glenn on Rodgers; Coleman on Williams; and Robinson on Streets. Thats because we will be in the Nickel with C2 in effect. With McRee and the ex-QB at FS and Brown and Earl at SS I like our chances.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read