Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-05-2004   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Stadium for Vikings

Looks pretty cool to me.

Link
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like teams are starting to follow our lead as far as stadium design. It looks similar to ours and the Jets design.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

cant say i dig the end of it but everything else looks good to me
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

They need to get out of the Metrodome, that place U-G-L-Y. Like the new stadium design.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
what is that coffin looking thing
Its actually supposed to be a Viking Ship.

gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks more like a spaceship to me!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
what is that coffin looking thing

its the official Minnesota Vikings bandwagon. its there for fans to jump off when they choke again and dont make the playoffs.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2004   #8
BigTex
Rookie

I like the design, everyone is starting to get New Design stadiums such as ours.
Old 05-06-2004   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I bet if they agreed to paint the two archs gold, McDonald's will pick up some of the bill, and provide free McGriddle's to the players.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like they still have a long way to go aside from the referendum but this was an important step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
They need to get out of the Metrodome, that place U-G-L-Y.
You've been there for a game?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry

Man these owners need to stop biting our style. Jerry Jones is the worst of them all!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think their stadium idea is really cool looking.

If I remember right the Cowboys Stadium didn't look at all like Reliant so I don't get where Jerry is copying anybody.

All these palaces for these teams should just make the games that much more fun for the fans.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

should be ok during the summer months but i sure would hate to have the roof open during the winter...man it's gotta be cold
Old 05-06-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't the stadium the Vikings play in now the stadium that caved in in some spots because the snow was so heavy on the roof?
Old 05-07-2004   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

anybody mind posting a similar pic of reliant? is it me or does that look just like reliant except for the arches & open endzone?
Old 05-07-2004   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

That is nice! Minnesota fans will be freezing their tails off now...
Old 05-07-2004   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
If I remember right the Cowboys Stadium didn't look at all like Reliant so I don't get where Jerry is copying anybody.

Well now he wants a retractable roof too. I just knew that once he came into Reliant, he was going to want the same thing as far as a retractable roof goes. Freakin Biter!!!

By the way I love your user name but only if it means What Would Jesus Do and not something like We Want Jelly Donuts.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Talking

Yea all the new palaces have retractable roofs it seems. It's practical for the fans comfort and I gather the technology has been advanced to the point where they can build them on any type of big facility now.

The names means what you think; not something silly. I'd like to be more original but I sat for 10 minutes when I registered and that's all that I could think of.
Old 05-07-2004   #19
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans

nice!

So let me get this straight the roof will be retracable?

picture source: ballparks.com

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0

Last edited by 777texans; 05-07-2004 at 12:59 PM.
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

It looks like a retractable roof to me. I didn't read the link so I don't know the seating size, luxury boxes or any particulars.

It's so cold there. I guess the Packer fans sit in the freezing cold so the Vikes fans would too but it looks like a retractable roof from the picture.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read