Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Capers Post-Game Quotes

Good gravy.... this same old diatribe, week after week is getting ridiculous. This guy is in way over his head and should be terminated immediately. Anything short of that is a direct reflection on the owner's incompetence.

ďToday we got beat by a very good football team. There is a reason why the Colts are 7-0. I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short. The first half we came out and got down 14-0. Our team hung in there and found a way to fight back. I liked the way we fought back in the first half and went in with the score tied 14-14. In the third quarter we got off schedule and they were efficient in there execution. They went down and were able to take the lead. When we canít stay on schedule, itís not our game in the longer yardage situations we get in and canít mix the run and the pass. We are not efficient enough to go out and win a game. I thought the guys played hard and fought. We have to improve our execution. Anytime we are playing against a good football team like Indianapolis Colts, you have got to come out and do certain things. You have to execute, you have to be able to keep the ball and move it on offense, and keep it away from their offense. I thought we had a good mix in the first half with the run game and play action pass. We werenít able to sustain that in the second half because of the way the game unfolded. We have to go back to work. One thing I know is that we donít have any quitters on this team or any front runners. I think our guys know what weíve got to do. We have to go back to work because we have the Cleveland Browns coming in next week. We have got to come out and execute better against the Browns.Ē
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, some of you need to take a deep, deep breath. As much as you jump up and down, wave your arms, stomp your feet, and flap your gums . . . as much as want it to happen . . . Capers won't be gone until the end of the season.

So relax.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

It still sucks to hear the same garbage over and over every week even after a deep breath.

If we lose to Cleveland Capers might not make it through the season.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I hear "we have to execute better" one more time, I am personally going to find Capers and snatch him bald-headed. And to have the nerve to say we had a good mix during the first half with the run and pass - was that man watching the same game? Unless his definition of a good mix is run 20 times and attempt a pass once.

Bless his heart, Carr even walks out on the field with his head and shoulders slumped - he looks defeated before he even starts.

I spent much of the game shaking my head.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Ya know, some of you need to take a deep, deep breath. As much as you jump up and down, wave your arms, stomp your feet, and flap your gums . . . as much as want it to happen . . . Capers won't be gone until the end of the season.

So relax.
Duuuuddddeeee don't hog it, pass the splifffyyy

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
If I hear "we have to execute better" one more time, I am personally going to find Capers and snatch him bald-headed.
Since I think Capers is already bald and wears a RUG, you won't have much snatching to do!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #7
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default New Record

...hey, I think he set a new record for using the word execute!!...Over 50 games and that is still why we don't win to Capers---does he expect the team to ever 'execute'?...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2005   #8
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall
Ahhhh, you mean Dodo right?

Capers coaches like Dodo!

Capers stepped in dogie dodo when he took this job!

Capers farted and it smells like dodo!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #9
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Good gravy.... this same old diatribe, week after week is getting ridiculous. This guy is in way over his head and should be terminated immediately. Anything short of that is a direct reflection on the owner's incompetence.

ďToday we got beat by a very good football team. There is a reason why the Colts are 7-0. I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short. The first half we came out and got down 14-0. Our team hung in there and found a way to fight back. I liked the way we fought back in the first half and went in with the score tied 14-14. In the third quarter we got off schedule and they were efficient in there execution. They went down and were able to take the lead. When we canít stay on schedule, itís not our game in the longer yardage situations we get in and canít mix the run and the pass. We are not efficient enough to go out and win a game. I thought the guys played hard and fought. We have to improve our execution. Anytime we are playing against a good football team like Indianapolis Colts, you have got to come out and do certain things. You have to execute, you have to be able to keep the ball and move it on offense, and keep it away from their offense. I thought we had a good mix in the first half with the run game and play action pass. We werenít able to sustain that in the second half because of the way the game unfolded. We have to go back to work. One thing I know is that we donít have any quitters on this team or any front runners. I think our guys know what weíve got to do. We have to go back to work because we have the Cleveland Browns coming in next week. We have got to come out and execute better against the Browns.Ē
He's a high school coach (no offense to actual HS coaches).
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #10
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
"I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short.”
Gotta be ****tin me. 9 Pass attempts and they still sacked Carr 5 Times!!! I mean what the fu..gee! Hows that possible?! :brickwall
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

You think that's good?

Quote:
"We can't do anything about these first six games, but we sure can do something about these next 10 games," coach Dom Capers said. "We have a 10-game season coming up."....

..."Nobody likes the situation we're in, but we're the only ones who can get us out of it," Capers said. "We have to accept responsibility because we're all a part of this.

"When you're losing, a lot of people are watching to see how you're going to respond. You have to work your tail off to get it turned around. I'm still convinced that we can get it right."

Capers pointed out Monday that the Texans came out of the Indianapolis game with some positives.

They scored three touchdowns, marking the first time this season they've scored more than one. Special teams were outstanding, especially kickoff returner Jerome Mathis (who had an 89-yard touchdown) and Chad Stanley (who put three punts inside the 20).....
chronic

I'm just glad we had a 10 game preseason to get ready for the 10 game regular season.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #12
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose this week, will he say it is now a 9 game season?
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default update--new theme word

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...hey, I think he set a new record for using the word execute!!...Over 50 games and that is still why we don't win to Capers---does he expect the team to ever 'execute'?...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall
Well, somebody from the Texans is reading these boards--first, there were several comments about Capers taking notes on the sidelines--no more. Second, several posters question Caper's harping on 'execute/execution' in his interviews yet wondered if it would ever happen--latest post game thoughts from Capers no longer feature "execute"---instead he uses the word(s) 'efficient' and 'effeciency.'...gotta admit, those are 2 great 'shaded' words as what/who detertmines what is/what's not 'efficient'? Is there any kind of measuring stick or stds by which to see if the team is efficient or other teams results to compare to?...whatever it takes to keep on keepin' on!!!

Last edited by tsip; 10-26-2005 at 03:07 PM.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Any count on the # of times he mentions that our team is like sticking your finger in a dike?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

CAPERS RESPONSE CARD:

Media asks: What did you think about the game today?

RESPONSES:

A. We lost to a better football team.

B. We didnt execute.

C. We werent as good as the other team today.

D. The other team executed better than we did.
==========================================
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Just once, I'dlike to see him respond with,

"Well, our offensive line can't hold back the rush for more than three seconds, so that limits everything we do. The other team drops seven, our receivers are running thr wrong routes or not getting open, our quarterback holds the ball too long, our running backs and tight ends can't seem to locate a blitzer, and our audible package consists of two plays. On defense, we can't pressure the quarterback very well, we don't make adjustments throughout the game, our guys can't tackle, and aside from D-Rob, no one seems to play with heart. I thought our punter went out and executed well."
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't do that kind of thing unless you do your job well. That's the problem with that pot calling the kettle black kind of thing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc

"Well, our offensive line can't hold back the rush for more than three seconds, so that limits everything we do. The other team drops seven, our receivers are running thr wrong routes or not getting open, our quarterback holds the ball too long, our running backs and tight ends can't seem to locate a blitzer, and our audible package consists of two plays. On defense, we can't pressure the quarterback very well, we don't make adjustments throughout the game, our guys can't tackle, and aside from D-Rob, no one seems to play with heart. I thought our punter went out and executed well."
i wish you were our coach. at least we would here the truth.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc

Sounds like something Parcells would say.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 104065 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Sounds like something Parcells would say.
Which is why that man finds ways for his teams to win. Dom Capers sounds like an over-zealous little league coach trying to be "PC".

I miss the days where all the kids didn't get 'participant' trophies because "they're ALL winners"! *GAG*
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read