Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Capers Post-Game Quotes

Good gravy.... this same old diatribe, week after week is getting ridiculous. This guy is in way over his head and should be terminated immediately. Anything short of that is a direct reflection on the owner's incompetence.

“Today we got beat by a very good football team. There is a reason why the Colts are 7-0. I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short. The first half we came out and got down 14-0. Our team hung in there and found a way to fight back. I liked the way we fought back in the first half and went in with the score tied 14-14. In the third quarter we got off schedule and they were efficient in there execution. They went down and were able to take the lead. When we can’t stay on schedule, it’s not our game in the longer yardage situations we get in and can’t mix the run and the pass. We are not efficient enough to go out and win a game. I thought the guys played hard and fought. We have to improve our execution. Anytime we are playing against a good football team like Indianapolis Colts, you have got to come out and do certain things. You have to execute, you have to be able to keep the ball and move it on offense, and keep it away from their offense. I thought we had a good mix in the first half with the run game and play action pass. We weren’t able to sustain that in the second half because of the way the game unfolded. We have to go back to work. One thing I know is that we don’t have any quitters on this team or any front runners. I think our guys know what we’ve got to do. We have to go back to work because we have the Cleveland Browns coming in next week. We have got to come out and execute better against the Browns.”

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Ya know, some of you need to take a deep, deep breath. As much as you jump up and down, wave your arms, stomp your feet, and flap your gums . . . as much as want it to happen . . . Capers won't be gone until the end of the season.

So relax.

bckey

All Pro
It still sucks to hear the same garbage over and over every week even after a deep breath.

If we lose to Cleveland Capers might not make it through the season.

Buffi2

Veteran
If I hear "we have to execute better" one more time, I am personally going to find Capers and snatch him bald-headed. And to have the nerve to say we had a good mix during the first half with the run and pass - was that man watching the same game? Unless his definition of a good mix is run 20 times and attempt a pass once.

Bless his heart, Carr even walks out on the field with his head and shoulders slumped - he looks defeated before he even starts.

I spent much of the game shaking my head.

Wharton

Rookie
Marcus said:
Ya know, some of you need to take a deep, deep breath. As much as you jump up and down, wave your arms, stomp your feet, and flap your gums . . . as much as want it to happen . . . Capers won't be gone until the end of the season.

So relax.
Duuuuddddeeee don't hog it, pass the splifffyyy

:howdy:

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Buffi2 said:
If I hear "we have to execute better" one more time, I am personally going to find Capers and snatch him bald-headed.
Since I think Capers is already bald and wears a RUG, you won't have much snatching to do!! :)

tsip

Veteran
...hey, I think he set a new record for using the word execute!!...Over 50 games and that is still why we don't win to Capers---does he expect the team to ever 'execute'?...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall

Wharton

Rookie
tsip said:
...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall
Ahhhh, you mean Dodo right?

Capers coaches like Dodo!

Capers stepped in dogie dodo when he took this job!

Capers farted and it smells like dodo!

Nighthawk

Rookie
the wonger need food said:
Good gravy.... this same old diatribe, week after week is getting ridiculous. This guy is in way over his head and should be terminated immediately. Anything short of that is a direct reflection on the owner's incompetence.

“Today we got beat by a very good football team. There is a reason why the Colts are 7-0. I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short. The first half we came out and got down 14-0. Our team hung in there and found a way to fight back. I liked the way we fought back in the first half and went in with the score tied 14-14. In the third quarter we got off schedule and they were efficient in there execution. They went down and were able to take the lead. When we can’t stay on schedule, it’s not our game in the longer yardage situations we get in and can’t mix the run and the pass. We are not efficient enough to go out and win a game. I thought the guys played hard and fought. We have to improve our execution. Anytime we are playing against a good football team like Indianapolis Colts, you have got to come out and do certain things. You have to execute, you have to be able to keep the ball and move it on offense, and keep it away from their offense. I thought we had a good mix in the first half with the run game and play action pass. We weren’t able to sustain that in the second half because of the way the game unfolded. We have to go back to work. One thing I know is that we don’t have any quitters on this team or any front runners. I think our guys know what we’ve got to do. We have to go back to work because we have the Cleveland Browns coming in next week. We have got to come out and execute better against the Browns.”
He's a high school coach (no offense to actual HS coaches).

Dre_80

Waterboy
the wonger need food said:
"I think our guys went out and fought hard and came up short.”
Gotta be ****tin me. 9 Pass attempts and they still sacked Carr 5 Times!!! I mean what the fu..gee! Hows that possible?! :brickwall :hairpull: :crying:

OzzO

.. and then?
You think that's good?

"We can't do anything about these first six games, but we sure can do something about these next 10 games," coach Dom Capers said. "We have a 10-game season coming up."....

..."Nobody likes the situation we're in, but we're the only ones who can get us out of it," Capers said. "We have to accept responsibility because we're all a part of this.

"When you're losing, a lot of people are watching to see how you're going to respond. You have to work your tail off to get it turned around. I'm still convinced that we can get it right."

Capers pointed out Monday that the Texans came out of the Indianapolis game with some positives.

They scored three touchdowns, marking the first time this season they've scored more than one. Special teams were outstanding, especially kickoff returner Jerome Mathis (who had an 89-yard touchdown) and Chad Stanley (who put three punts inside the 20).....
chronic

I'm just glad we had a 10 game preseason to get ready for the 10 game regular season.

tsip

Veteran
tsip said:
...hey, I think he set a new record for using the word execute!!...Over 50 games and that is still why we don't win to Capers---does he expect the team to ever 'execute'?...but give Capers his 'do', he's still the HC!!! :brickwall
Well, somebody from the Texans is reading these boards--first, there were several comments about Capers taking notes on the sidelines--no more. Second, several posters question Caper's harping on 'execute/execution' in his interviews yet wondered if it would ever happen--latest post game thoughts from Capers no longer feature "execute"---instead he uses the word(s) 'efficient' and 'effeciency.'...gotta admit, those are 2 great 'shaded' words as what/who detertmines what is/what's not 'efficient'? Is there any kind of measuring stick or stds by which to see if the team is efficient or other teams results to compare to?...whatever it takes to keep on keepin' on!!!:ok:

Blake

MMQB
CAPERS RESPONSE CARD:

Media asks: What did you think about the game today?

RESPONSES:

A. We lost to a better football team.

B. We didnt execute.

C. We werent as good as the other team today.

D. The other team executed better than we did.
==========================================

eriadoc

Texan-American
Just once, I'dlike to see him respond with,

"Well, our offensive line can't hold back the rush for more than three seconds, so that limits everything we do. The other team drops seven, our receivers are running thr wrong routes or not getting open, our quarterback holds the ball too long, our running backs and tight ends can't seem to locate a blitzer, and our audible package consists of two plays. On defense, we can't pressure the quarterback very well, we don't make adjustments throughout the game, our guys can't tackle, and aside from D-Rob, no one seems to play with heart. I thought our punter went out and executed well."

Vinny

shiny happy fan
You can't do that kind of thing unless you do your job well. That's the problem with that pot calling the kettle black kind of thing.

utahmark

markbeth
eriadoc said:

"Well, our offensive line can't hold back the rush for more than three seconds, so that limits everything we do. The other team drops seven, our receivers are running thr wrong routes or not getting open, our quarterback holds the ball too long, our running backs and tight ends can't seem to locate a blitzer, and our audible package consists of two plays. On defense, we can't pressure the quarterback very well, we don't make adjustments throughout the game, our guys can't tackle, and aside from D-Rob, no one seems to play with heart. I thought our punter went out and executed well."
i wish you were our coach. at least we would here the truth.

edo783

Hall of Fame
eriadoc said:

Sounds like something Parcells would say.

disaacks3

Staff member
edo783 said:
Sounds like something Parcells would say.
Which is why that man finds ways for his teams to win. Dom Capers sounds like an over-zealous little league coach trying to be "PC".

I miss the days where all the kids didn't get 'participant' trophies because "they're ALL winners"! *GAG*

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
disaacks3 said:
Which is why that man finds ways for his teams to win. Dom Capers sounds like an over-zealous little league coach trying to be "PC".
I don't know that what the coach says in interviews makes any difference, but I sure hope that the next coach comes across as more honest like Parcells or Van Gundy. Why even have Capers interviews?--it is just the football version of Crash Davis' cliches.

I miss the days where all the kids didn't get 'participant' trophies because "they're ALL winners"! *GAG*
Amen. Exactly when do these people think it is going to be ok to let little Johnny learn about scores and winning? Do they think they are going to shelter him until 18 and then just spring the real world on them? Absurd.

Cjeremy635

Overtraining
Honeslty, the most annoying thing for me to hear week end and week out is that our team got beat by a better team. NO *****! The question is why is every team we play every week better than ours. That's the thing you need to fix. Stop stating the obvious.:tv: