Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2005   #1
thefuture17
Rookie

Default Will This Get Me Better??????

Do you think taping Pro and College football games and then studying them will help me get better at footall and like become a better QB.What should i look for and study in these games to be a quarterback.Thanks in advance and i need this guys with highschool coming up next year i want all the college scouts looking at me
Old 10-21-2005   #2
thefuture17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
who ever is your coach is, you can bet he'll let you know what he wants out of you.. So don't go in there with your head full of playing the game pro style. Stick with building
your speed, quickness, and keeping in football shape.
thanks but if it will help me i need to do because ino im great [not being conseeded] but i need to be better if i want to make it anywhere coming from a small state new hampshire
Old 10-21-2005   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Just dont watch any Carr film...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Hey, there are plenty of [sack] records to be set emulating the play of David Carr.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture17
Do you think taping Pro and College football games and then studying them will help me get better at footall and like become a better QB.What should i look for and study in these games to be a quarterback.Thanks in advance and i need this guys with highschool coming up next year i want all the college scouts looking at me
Don't just tape games. Tape games of QBs that fit your abilities (ie: If you can't run like Vince Young, don't tape a lot of Texas games). The things you can pick up on are footwork, throwing motion and hiding the ball (playaction, misdirection, etc.). Footwork to a QB is not how well they run the ball but how they set their feet when throwing. If you want a really good example of this, watch Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. They've got the best feet in the business. Manning is also the best at hiding the ball. Not as great as the all-time king (Boomer Esiason) but he's the best today.

To keep their arms in condition, baseball players play "long throw" where they're constantly playing catch from great distances. This help builds up their arm strength as well. I would recommend doing this (with a football of course) at least twice a week.

Other than that, get as many reps in as you can.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr should be retiring in about ten years so dont forget about the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read