Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2005   #41
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Aye yie yie.
Boycotts? Dumping PSLS? Refusal to buy merchandise?
You wanted football back in Houston, and treat it like this? And y'all call the team losers....

Here is the deal. Either you are here for the long haul or you aren't. Passing your .02 on here over the team's performance is great, as long as you are a participating FAN in the process (attend games, watch on TV, etc). Bans are not included.

If you can't handle a losing season, it is best you leave now to lessen the embarassment on our entire fanbase.

Please stay home, boo birds. We don't need your 'help' at Reliant. We may be having a losing season, but don't need to lose our class too.

See y'all back (like you never left) when it becomes fashionable to be a Texans fan again. To me, it is ALWAYS in style.

What is the difference between a fairweather and true fan?
Ask the Astros.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #42
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an absolutely stupid idea. I am sincerely hoping that the Texans are losing so that they can get rid of you sorry fans before we go to the playoffs. The only thing that sucks more than our team are fans like this.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #43
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
This is an absolutely stupid idea. I am sincerely hoping that the Texans are losing so that they can get rid of you sorry fans before we go to the playoffs. The only thing that sucks more than our team are fans like this.
Unfortunately, fans like this will hop back on the wagon when the team starts to do well. I have been laughing my butt off the past two days at all the "fairweather" Astro fans. I have seen people I have known for years sporting Tee shirts, writing GO ASTRO'S on their car, and swearing they have been diehard Astro's fans for 44 years. Funny, I have NEVER heard them even mention the Astro's until Thurs. Yes, most of them have been hopping on and off the wagon for years. In reality, I guess it's not all that bad. The entire city of Houston should be proud of our baseball team and show support. Our day will come TEXAN fans, and the entire city will do the same for the Texans as they have done for the Astro's. How quickly some fans forget that they were the one's who wanted to BOYCOTT, sell their tickets, BOO until their heads hurt, make insulting and slandering comments about players, refuse to buy merchandise, etc, etc, etc!! BUT, they will stand in line for hours on end to buy that same merchandise when our FOOTBALL team brings home a championship! That day will come, I am certain of it. I don't know how long we will have to wait, but I won't have to worry. I will already have my merchandise, my tickets, and my pride and loyalty, because it never died to start with!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #44
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Same thing with the Astros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #45
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Unfortunately, fans like this will hop back on the wagon when the team starts to do well. I have been laughing my butt off the past two days at all the "fairweather" Astro fans. I have seen people I have known for years sporting Tee shirts, writing GO ASTRO'S on their car, and swearing they have been diehard Astro's fans for 44 years. Funny, I have NEVER heard them even mention the Astro's until Thurs. Yes, most of them have been hopping on and off the wagon for years. In reality, I guess it's not all that bad. The entire city of Houston should be proud of our baseball team and show support. Our day will come TEXAN fans, and the entire city will do the same for the Texans as they have done for the Astro's. How quickly some fans forget that they were the one's who wanted to BOYCOTT, sell their tickets, BOO until their heads hurt, make insulting and slandering comments about players, refuse to buy merchandise, etc, etc, etc!! BUT, they will stand in line for hours on end to buy that same merchandise when our FOOTBALL team brings home a championship! That day will come, I am certain of it. I don't know how long we will have to wait, but I won't have to worry. I will already have my merchandise, my tickets, and my pride and loyalty, because it never died to start with!
I was NOT one of those standing in line at Academy for the Astro hat and T-shirt. You hardly saw an Astro hat while they were losing.I have been wearing my Texan hat and jersey when I'm out and about. Just like the Cowboy fan, you didn't see a Cowboy hat or Tee when they were 1-15 and losing. Now they are back out.

I will wear my Texans garb always, win or lose! I will not be a bandwagon jumper. I am from Louisiana and was a Saints fan for 30+ years, even when I moved to Texas. Even a Saint fan over the Oilers until they left and the Texans came to town, got season tickets and became a Texan fan.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #46
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Fans that want to boycott the team due to some losses are frontrunners. That's just how it is.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I've been a fan of Houston pro football since Charlie Hennigan. Charlie Tolar. Blanda. Earl. Etc etc. Been following the team that was. Gave it up when they moved to Tenn. Then got excited about the new team in town until they turned out to be duller than dirt and about as good. For two years now I've been calling for Capers' and Casserly's heads. The slow boys on this grill are the front runners, latecomers to that party--you thought Capers was THE GUY, if I remember correctly, last year, back in 2003, too. When a few of us already knew Capers was a dimwit with no imagination and a real outdated sense of what pro football is now. All you have to do is look around at the play of other teams and you can see in a NY minute that we are (AND HAVE BEEN) underprepared, inadequately coachrd, and perpetual bottom dwellers, and it all starts with management.

So your idea is go out and "support" the high school football you're being fed by McNair and Co. A boycott is too complex a move, apparently, and the "true fans" really must have their Sunday afternoons of beer and screaming. Don't do anything that might be effective, hear?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #47
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Yeah, I guess you're right. I've been a fan of Houston pro football since Charlie Hennigan. Charlie Tolar. Blanda. Earl. Etc etc. Been following the team that was. Gave it up when they moved to Tenn. Then got excited about the new team in town until they turned out to be duller than dirt and about as good. For two years now I've been calling for Capers' and Casserly's heads. The slow boys on this grill are the front runners, latecomers to that party--you thought Capers was THE GUY, if I remember correctly, last year, back in 2003, too. When a few of us already knew Capers was a dimwit with no imagination and a real outdated sense of what pro football is now. All you have to do is look around at the play of other teams and you can see in a NY minute that we are (AND HAVE BEEN) underprepared, inadequately coachrd, and perpetual bottom dwellers, and it all starts with management.

So your idea is go out and "support" the high school football you're being fed by McNair and Co. A boycott is too complex a move, apparently, and the "true fans" really must have their Sunday afternoons of beer and screaming. Don't do anything that might be effective, hear?
...sit down, relax, take a deep breath...everything will get better
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2005   #48
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I don't know about you, but I paid for my tickets and I will be there for every dad blasted game, including the dang Saturday afternoon Christmas Eve game. Seems to me that if you pay for something and don't attend, then you are proving that Houston fans aren't very intelligent.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #49
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I was NOT one of those standing in line at Academy for the Astro hat and T-shirt. You hardly saw an Astro hat while they were losing.I have been wearing my Texan hat and jersey when I'm out and about. Just like the Cowboy fan, you didn't see a Cowboy hat or Tee when they were 1-15 and losing. Now they are back out.

I will wear my Texans garb always, win or lose! I will not be a bandwagon jumper. I am from Louisiana and was a Saints fan for 30+ years, even when I moved to Texas. Even a Saint fan over the Oilers until they left and the Texans came to town, got season tickets and became a Texan fan.

bobby 119C :brickwall
I only wear my Texans garb to games because the shirts don't have pockets. I've got to have pockets in my shirts for my pens, check book, cell phone, etc. so I don't have to carry a man purse. If they make shirts with pockets, then I'll "wear my Texans garb always." Oh, and I did wait in line a few minutes to buy some Astros t-shirts and I haven't been to a game since they were playing in the Astrodome. So shoot me.
Old 10-22-2005   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, cause I love football. I can't imagine turning my back on what I love because we aren't good enough to win more than we lose yet. I know we aren't going anywhere and its a pretty tough league so I have patience. I've lived in cities that didn't have the NFL so I guess I don't understand this boycott thing. Funny how you think it is your 'right' to have a winner here, or you will boycott them. I became a fan during our back to back 1-13 teams in the early 70's and understand that every single franchise has dark years. I don't think the team owes us anything but to try hard and fix the problems as the problems arise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #51
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton
Personally, it doesn't matter to me what others do. People have spent their hard earned money on a bad product and if they choose not to go it sends a message.
The message it sends is Houston fans are pretty dumb if they spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for something and don't show up to use it. If you want to send a message, then don't renew your season tix next time around. That's really where the rubber will meet the road. If the Texans don't sell out their season tix next year, then McNair will get antsy. Especially if he wants to raise the prices again.
Old 10-22-2005   #52
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

No offense to the guy who came up with this idea, but it's not smart. It's actually very dangerous. Morals already low, why tell our players "you suck" and make it lower. I know thats not the goal of this "boycott" but that's the message that we would send to our soldiers on the field.

Plus if we don't keep fan support and game attendence up, the NFL will ship us off to Los Angeles, California.

Please understand that there isn't much that anyone can do in the middle of the year. Granted firing the Offensive Coor. and replacing him with the Offensive Line Coach wasn't the brightest idea...at all, but we can't do much to immediately turn things around in the middle of the season.

Trust me, ride it out.

In the offseason we can clean house. We need a whole new set of offensive coaches in my opinion. None of our position coaches have done much to maximize our players potential.

For example: Here's a list of our coaches I found on the homepage.
Kippy Brown- Wide Recievers coach
With Jabar Gaffneys talent coming into the NFL and Andre Johnson's talent level, we should have a great wide recieving crew. Gaffney hasn't done anything impressive in his career yet and Johnson can improve a whole lot more than he already has, he has the potential to be a Hall of Famer, probably the most physical reciever in the NFL, he can be Randy Moss...without the attitude. He reminds me of Chad Johnson of the Bengals.

Chick Harris-Running Backs Coach
We draft Running Backs with tremendous potential, but they don't reach it. Davis is good, but Tony Hollings and Jonathan Wells can be so much better, and can provide a huge boost to the ground game if they're taught right.

*IF I MAY MAKE A SUGGESTION*
I go to the same High School as Gerald Riggs Jr. did. He was lazy and had a terrible work ethic. When he went to Tennessee, he couldn't produce what Phillip Fulmer recruited him to do. For those of you who don't know about Riggs, learn about him, cause he's got potential to be better than his dad.

Tennessee hired Trooper Taylor as the Running Backs coach and everything turned around. Riggs stopped skipping workouts and classes, brought his grades up, got healthy again, and completely changed his personality. Last year, as a Junior, he backed up now Dallas Cowboy Cedric Houston, and still got 1000 yards.

Through his career, everything has changed. His Freshman Year he was third string and only got 49 yards. Sophmore year, still 3rd string, 216 yards and 1 TD, and he re-injured his knee that he hurt his senior year in high school. His Junior year, Trooper Taylor comes in, and all the sudden, Riggs is fighting for the number 1 spot. He doesn't get it, but still gets 1,107 yards and scores 6 TD's, starting only 3 games. He also shined in the SEC title game against powerhouse Auburn gaining well over 200 yards. This year he has 452 yards and 3 TDs. Through the Georgia game two weeks ago.

Taylor is also working on another back, Arian Foster who impressed me a whole lot today against Alabama.

If we fire our RB's coach, I strongly hope we go after this guy as a replacement.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach.

John Hoke-DB's
I feel like he's done well, working with Dunta Robinson and Glenn Earl

Steve Marshall-OL
He's new, I know, and the line that we have doesn't show much potential, I say he stays, at least so we can so what he does with so decent players.

Greg Roman-QBs
I'm a little upset with him. I know Carr's constantly under pressure, but his QB rating is ridiculous, a career 72.4, a 57.1 completion % and 46 career interceptions. I'm not blaming Carr or the coach, but the blames gotta fall somewhere. Carr needs to grow up and be the leader this franchise put him here to be. We are building our Texans around a 72.4 passer rating. NO. Carrs always under pressure right? So work with him on getting the passes off quicker, and more accurate. Every day in practice, put him in pressure situations, and help him get more comfortable passing under extreme pressure.

Dan Riley-Strength and Conditioning
If this man does his job, Phillip Buchanan will be a Pro Bowler next season, and our lineman, Offensive and Defensive will control the line of scrimmage better and take the pressure off some off our Skill Positions.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR
I'm not trying to start any fire _____ threads or anything, just giving all these people who are starting to fall away some hope.
Old 10-22-2005   #53
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
Oh, and I did wait in line a few minutes to buy some Astros t-shirts and I haven't been to a game since they were playing in the Astrodome. So shoot me.
I don't fault anyone for going out and buying Astro's stuff! I hope everyone in the city of Houston supports them through the series. We're talking about fans who want to boycott just because our four year old team is not headed to the SB. So many of our fans want INSTANT GRADIFICATION, I don't mean sex either, so they pout like little two year olds just because we're having a lousy year. They have the right to pout, I don't really care. I just wish they would stay home with mama and leave the house of Reliant to the fans who really care.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #54
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat
No offense to the guy who came up with this idea, but it's not smart. It's actually very dangerous. Morals already low, why tell our players "you suck" and make it lower. I know thats not the goal of this "boycott" but that's the message that we would send to our soldiers on the field.
Pal, they are not soldiers.
Old 10-23-2005   #55
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Yep, cause I love football. I can't imagine turning my back on what I love because we aren't good enough to win more than we lose yet. I know we aren't going anywhere and its a pretty tough league so I have patience. I've lived in cities that didn't have the NFL so I guess I don't understand this boycott thing. Funny how you think it is your 'right' to have a winner here, or you will boycott them. I became a fan during our back to back 1-13 teams in the early 70's and understand that every single franchise has dark years. I don't think the team owes us anything but to try hard and fix the problems as the problems arise.
I like it, too, and I don't think I have a "right" to a winner, but I don't see why we shouldn't be aggressive about expressing the view that McNair and Capers and Casserly have brought forth a mouse. I also don't know I should support Carr, for example, when he's done almost nothing worth supporting in 4 years.

You probably know a lot more football (I read your 1st half breakdown on the other board) but I kinda know management (non-football), and the only way you get management to move is burn their fingers.
Old 10-23-2005   #56
whotex8
Rookie

Default True To The End

I myself am disappointed our team is where it is at. That said, I pay for my season tickets way before we even have any idea of how our Texans will do. I buy my tickets because I support and enjoy watching the Texans play every time they play. Win or lose!
Our day will come. Look at the Astros!
You DON"T HAVE TO SUPPORT our teams if you don't want to. And you don't have to buy tickets either. There are plenty of other teams out there for you to choose from, and for you to support. But I doubt you will stick with just one....... if they dissapoint you, you will jump ship....but there are plenty of band wagons for you to choose from, so jump.
To those that want to boycott....if you don't wanna buy tickets, don't buy them. If you bought tickets and wanna sell them....sell them. There are plenty of buyers out there. There are plenty more fans out there that do support our team and want tickets than the few of you that don't.
You non-believers are better off sticking to, or changing to Fantasy Football. And for the comment that the seats are empty.....they were not that full last year during the Astros Post-season either. They don't usually air the Astros game during a Texans game and may supporters are still in baseball mode and wanna watch the Astros play.
We true Texans supporters will stick to Reality Football. Win or lose....we will support our team ALL THE WAY! If the Astros can turn their year around, so can the Texans. And I DO BELIEVE!
Go Texans! And Go Astros! :astros:

Last edited by whotex8; 10-23-2005 at 02:11 AM.
whotex8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #57
Babbles
Rookie

Default Faith Based Football

I cant tell if Dom Capers is a football coach or part of the Bush administration as far as the interview/ photo-op opportunities. Logic in this thread... seems to be if McNair wants to be a loser well then... we are all going to be proud losers and like it? bahahahah
Everyone heres has a right to make thier claim knowing what Bud Adams did to the city of Houston, I wouldnt blame fans actually wanting a winning franchise. Its McNairs responsibility to live up to the expectations of the fans. Houston has been tolerate long enough, I say give the fans a winner! p
Babbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read