Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Boycott?

Nighthawk

Rookie
From his news brief I'm thinking McNair does not "get it" yet. So I'm thinking what about a boycott of this week's game, or a walkout, semi organized, 10 minutes in. I'm thinking that if a significant number of people refused to attend or got up and walked out, well, McNair, and everyone else would get the message in a hurry. Their offering us bad rations here, folks. I say we don't eat.

That is a great idea. I say we boycott all together. Everyone who is with nighthawk and me should send me your tickets........You know so your not tempted to go come 10am sunday. Just out of curiosity, anyone boycotting have tickets on the 50yd line. I wasn't asking for any reason in peticular, just curious... :)

Nighthawk said:
From his news brief I'm thinking McNair does not "get it" yet. So I'm thinking what about a boycott of this week's game, or a walkout, semi organized, 10 minutes in. I'm thinking that if a significant number of people refused to attend or got up and walked out, well, McNair, and everyone else would get the message in a hurry. Their offering us bad rations here, folks. I say we don't eat.

This idea has been posted before. That would just show how much of a fan you really are by boycotting. I guess some can't handle it when things get rough. If you "don't want to eat" I guess you aren't that hungry. See you on the bandwagon in the future I guess.

Nighthawk said:

Just exactly what does Bob McNair "not get!'? What exactly do you want to boycott? The team, the coaches, Bob McNair himself, the administration, the stadium, the diehard fans, the water boy?? If a significant number of people refused to attend or got up and walked out, WELL, people would just think they were either staying home to prepare to party for the Astro's game, or they were just getting up to buy a beer. Bob McNair has already gotten the message!! That's why he is pleading with the fans not to let the team down, to be there Sunday all decked out in red and be so loud we reek havok on the Colts. We've done it before, so why not now!!!? This is MY team and I choose to support it, through good times and bad!! I don't refuse to go to my grandson's ballgames just because he sucks, or to my granddaughters dance recital because it's boring as hell!! If you support something you do it 100%, if not, hit the road and find another team to jump ship on. JMO!

If a significant number of people refused to attend, it would probably convince the NFL and the rest of the country that Bud was right. Maybe it wasn't the owner after all.

No need to boycott. If you are a true fan you stick with your team no matter what. I get so much harrasment from my friends here in New Jersey that its very frustrating but I still go to the bar every sunday in my Carr or Johnson Jersey or whatever and support my team. I just get to watch the game on TV most of the time but I went to Buffalo and cheered for them there and I went to Jets game last year and cheered for them there and also came to Houson to cheer for them against the Colts. All im saying is you can be mad at the coaches and owners and players but come sunday you better be there to support them. :texflag:

The logic of "It doesn't help to boycott" is wrong, IMO.

The ONLY way you let a business know that you're completely dissatisfied and will not purchase their products and/or services until they do certain things is to not purchase their products and/or services until they do certain things that you request.

Otherwise, supporting them with your dollars is a vote of confidence and a stamp of approval upon what the business is doing. Business is business, and it comes down to the almighty dollar. Without money, a business is not in business. McNair should feel the pinch and then be forced to give this team a better look than what he has. I'm glad he's brought football back to Houston, and I'm happy with the facilities, the character of the organization, and the logos and all the other fluff that's part of a pro sports team. But all of that is for nothing if you can't field a competitive team. The embarassment I feel right now, mostly because our owner is putting off to tomorrow what he could do today (fire Capers) is hard to stand.

I won't stop watching them on TV. Watching them on TV does not give the Texans money. I will not be purchasing Texans gear.

I think, on some level, McNair *gets it*. He's asking us to stand behind our team.

Sure, it helps his bottom line, but I think the man actually cares about what's going on.

It's easy to be disappointed and frustrated as a football fan in Houston. Haven't the Oilers years proven that?

But you can't take it out on the team...or you'll lose them.

If David Carr can get on National TV with the attitude *we CAN win* after all he's been through, then I, for one, can stand up an support them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT happy with their performance this year. But we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Sure, we can speculate all we want about who's not doing their job and why, but we don't KNOW.

Yes, I want them to succeed. Yes, I expected more. Yes, I have been disgusted by what I've seen ( and NOT seen ) on the field. But we've been spoiled. We started off on a path that seemed to get better every year. They're stalled. Instead of boycotting, we need to get behind them. I know how frustrated I am...I can't imagine how it must be for them. It takes a lot of courage to walk through that tunnel every week and face a hostile crowd...they shouldn't have to do that AT HOME.

So they go 0-16 this year...big deal. Those are MY GUYS out on that field, and I'll be there for every home game.

You want to boycott, fine. Send me your tickets and I'll make sure someone goes who actually CARES.

This thread = :deadhorse

I think everyone who wants to boycott, should boycott.

That much closer the real fans can move up. :fans:

We have some pretty embarrassing fans here in Houston. People across the country think we are only front runners...and I think they are right about a big segment of you.

Nighthawk said:

Looks like a TROLL to me

:challenge

All I can say is that this is sad, very sad. You guys in Houston have the opportunity to go watch your home team play the great sport of NFL football, and complain about it. I don't live in Houston anymore, but every single day, I wear a Texans or Astros hat or shirt, and take a ribbing because I am a Texans fan. Every Sunday, I am down at the sports bar watching the game. I watch the game to the end no matter what the score. I was in Houston for the Oilers years, and was embarrassed by the BOYCOTTING fans then. All the boycotting did back then was lose the city a team. I plan on moving back to Houston when I can, and I hope there is still a team there for me to root for when I make it. I am a Texans fan. I might be upset about the way they play and the way they are coached, but I will not give up on my team.

You can rant all you want here and quit buying Texans accessories and clothing to get the message across, but don't boycott the team or boo. I've shelled out over $250 bucks for DirectTV just to watch the Texans and I'll be doing that all season, win or lose.

While I am not pleased with the Texnas play so far this season, I am even more disgusted about the fans in Houston. Some of you on these message boards have stuck with the Texans and I applaud you, but the rest of you are making me sick with all these complaints. If you have such a problem with the team then stop buying tickets and wasting your money and let other people have them. I've only lived here for a couple years but the fans here are such fair-weather fans. All I heard on the radio after game 5 of the NLCS was how the Astros choked and they were going to lose the series because they lost that one game. Look what happened and now all of those people are back on the bandwagon. What happened to people sticking with their teams?

P.S. Again, thanks to those of you who have stuck with the Texans thru this rough start, and GO ASTROS!

:texflag:

SheTexan said:
Just exactly what does Bob McNair "not get!'? What exactly do you want to boycott? The team, the coaches, Bob McNair himself, the administration, the stadium, the diehard fans, the water boy?? If a significant number of people refused to attend or got up and walked out, WELL, people would just think they were either staying home to prepare to party for the Astro's game, or they were just getting up to buy a beer. Bob McNair has already gotten the message!! That's why he is pleading with the fans not to let the team down, to be there Sunday all decked out in red and be so loud we reek havok on the Colts. We've done it before, so why not now!!!? This is MY team and I choose to support it, through good times and bad!! I don't refuse to go to my grandson's ballgames just because he sucks, or to my granddaughters dance recital because it's boring as hell!! If you support something you do it 100%, if not, hit the road and find another team to jump ship on. JMO!

...do your grand kids at least try and seem like they are glad you are there or do they charge you a bunch of money and don't even try?? :confused:

This is just pathetic, i rate some of you fans at the same level i rate the performance of this team. You think our owner does not want to win. We get another team in houston and when the going gets tough you want to boycott. you as a fan are a complete loser. Stay away for good. I'd rather see empty seats in the stadium than a bunch of loser fans booing.

I think some of you need to reevaluate your definition of fairweather fans. The fans in this city are pretty knowledgeable, for the most part, and very passionate about football. What I see from the fans on this board is a very passionate response to the current situation. Fairweather fans don't come to this board. They don't go to games. They don't watch games on TV. They don't discuss the team at the watercooler. They wait until the team is winning, then they come out of the woodwork and claim to have been a fan all along.

While we may disagree on the manner in which we express our displeasure with the team, ultimately we are all true fans and still care about our team, or we wouldn't be in such angst over all this. Though I may disagree with many of you on your points of view and responses to certain events, I consider the people on this board to be fans that care.

aj said:
If a significant number of people refused to attend, it would probably convince the NFL and the rest of the country that Bud was right. Maybe it wasn't the owner after all.

BAM! Nail on the head. Well said.

Vinny said:
We have some pretty embarrassing fans here in Houston. People across the country think we are only front runners...and I think they are right about a big segment of you.

Double BAM! No doubt about it. I agree 100%.

You fairweather fans go ahead and get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat.

Winning and losing are two sides of the same coin. And I have NO DOUBT that our owner completely understands our displeasure at a losing team, as I'm sure that the feeling is mutual. He wants a winning product as much as we do, and I'm opting for being patient and looking at the big picture.

Hulk75 said:
:yap :yap :yap Yea pay money and leave, that is smart, that will show them. :rolleyes:

That sounds alot like the truck drivers that were boycotting gas prices by driving around the cities freeways. I bet the gas companies were laughing their ***** off. You have to use their product to boycott their product. I wish I was that smart.

eriadoc said:
Fairweather fans ... don't go to games.
They do and they don't -- they did and they won't -- and they will again.

Look around on Sunday and look at all the blue and red plastic. Compare that to last year's Colts game. That will give you a good idea of the FWF % in our fanbase - although this game might draw a few more fans to the stadium because of Battle Red and a quality opponent. If the Texans were playing the Cardinals this week the stadium would be half empty.

Boycott, smoycott..

This has to be the dumbest idea I have heard yet. If for 0ne second you don't think McNair and Co want a winning team, you are crazy. I don't boo, and I will NEVER boycott my team. I may not spend as much and may even leave before the 4th quarter is over, but to suggest that we not go entirely is blame ignorance....

Have a good day...

One of the main problems is the high number of transplant residents in Houston. A lot of people might cheer for Houstons teams, but they just don't have the diehard feeling of it. My parents came here from Georgia like in '83 or so and while they are season ticket holders and go to almost all the games, they don't just live and breathe it. I mean hell prior to Houston they were huge Braves fans, so atleast they've come this far I guess.

We'll still go to as many games as we can (might miss the Thanksgiving game if we aren't back in time from GA) but a lot of people just give up on the team if it isn't performing. Just look at the Astros a few months ago. Hopefully too many didn't get run over by the chariot wheels as they tried to pile back onto the bandwagon.

I think that 10 minutes of silence with a completely filled stadium would get his attention faster. Just my opinion. Sometimes situations have to get worse before they get better.

rittenhouserobz said:
I think that 10 minutes of silence with a completely filled stadium would get his attention faster. Just my opinion. Sometimes situations have to get worse before they get better.
Now thats not a bad idea.

Beat your chests all you want. Puff yourselves up all you want. Point fingers at FANS all you want because they aren't JUST LIKE YOU. To me, you're just re-directing YOUR anger with this team's performance and this owner's performance toward the fans like me that won't drink your kool aid and follow you off the cliff. Supplant your homer attitudes for a minute with a dose of reality. And the reality is this: Bud Adams didn't punish the fans by moving the team because the fans didn't "support the team." He's a greedy turdlet who didn't get what he wanted form the city, so he took his toys and went to someone else's house to play. Let's get that straight. To say the Oilers left because fans didn't support them during the rough times is absurd. Bud Adams is Bud Adams and he'll do to Tennessee what he did to us. Period. It's a character flaw HE has and will always have when he doesn't get his way. So stop playing that card just to try and make a point for yourself.

I don't want to be "just like you." I don't go along with the crowd to just go along with the crowd. As I see this situation, I see a team that has had 2-3 years of slow progress with the wheels coming off in week 17 of last season, and I see an owner who is trying to duct tape and bailing wire (patch) the team instead of starting the process right now even if it's for the interim until offseason. And I see TONS of fans here who, during the preseason, BLASTED fans like me who tried to raise the warning flag and give you all a heads up that all was not well in H-Town. I got called names (publicly on this board) by some of you REAL fans, I got private messages from posters who cussed me and called me a "waste," (Caddy) and I was right while you were wrong. So, obviously being honest AND being right is not allowed here by the chest beating real fan-not a real fan crowd. If beating down posters who challenge the status quo is what elevates yourself and makes you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. Cause really, that's all I think it is. When you ridicule fans who you say are "not real, true fans" it just confirms to me that I don't want to be inside your circle to begin with. You act as if you are the finest of the finest, and it's just arrogance to do so.

I'm not purchasing Texans merchandise. But I will watch them play on TV. I, too, paid $250 for DirecTV's Sunday ticket and I'm going to watch the Texans all game no matter what happens. My personal philosophy is to avoid pumping my own money into the Texans' organization as long as the owner fails to put forth an honest effort to correct this team.

Whether it's pride that is keeping McNair from dismissing Capers, or whether it's him trying to be a class guy with keeping Capers around to the end of the year, I really don't care what McNair's motivation is for keeping Capers so long this season. The only thing I am looking for right now is for this owner to pull the trigger and to pull it sooner than later. There is absolutely NOTHING positive that will happen by keeping Capers to the end of the season. It's an old wives tale that says you can't change HC's mid-season.

McNair owns the team, and frankly it appears to me that right now he's not sure what to do. And that's OK, and I know he might not be willing to admit that he doesn't know what to do right now. So be it. It's a lot of pressure for a guy like him to NOT make more bad decisions that basically got us here where we're at today. To me, and I know it's not my job to fix it, but to me there's not much to "fix." The first step is getting rid of a lame duck coach that nobody admires anymore. YOU ARE ALL proving that you agree with that statement by the Fire Capers CLub avatars, and the all the docotored photos of Capers with flies coming out of his mouth, or with a bass fish mouth over his real mouth to mock his famous "duh" look on the sideline. Fans are the most honest evaluators of talent and progress or lack of progress that you can get.

Just as nature has a food chain, so does pro sports. And voting with your wallet gets the attention of people like McNair. Keep giving him your money for Texans t-shirts, and the retail sales dept. of the Texans' organization will tell McNair that "The fans seem to be patient enough with sales falling slightly but still holding steady despite the team's record...." and a guy like McNair will sit and wait patiently until the end of the season...and then you risk him KEEPING Capers for one more year.

A true fan sticks by his team through thick and thin. Go ahead and boycott and as a matter of fact dont come back. You actually think this boycott idea will point anything out that hasnt been? Our record is 0-5. I beleive that says enough.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsip said:
...do your grand kids at least try and seem like they are glad you are there or do they charge you a bunch of money and don't even try?? :confused:

It's real simple. They either give it their all, 100%, or MawMaw closes down the bank! :) As it should be with the Texans! I believe Bob McNair knows exactly who is out there just for the money, vs the one's who really care and want the team to succeed. Unfortunately, our brilliant GM and HC chose to get rid of true leaders and replace them with moochers. We are ALL paying the price for that decision this year! Give me a veteran who is a little slow, but a true leader and team motivator, anyday over some loud mouthed punk who doesn't know right from left! JMO guys! Don't blame the team completely for what our supposedly brilliant GM and HC has done!

As some of you have probably heard before, I grew up in Phoenix, AZ. From the moment I discovered football, I was an Oilers fan. When the Oilers left Houston and became the Titans, no one developed a stronger hate for them than me. When it was announced that Houston was granted another franchise, no one was happier than me. Due to financial reasons, The chances of me going to a Texans game are incredibly slim. However I will ALWAYS be at my neighborhood sports bar in my David Carr jersey or Dunta Robinson jersey (on Battle Red games) cheering and yelling for my team. You guys have it so good. I have NEVER been able to attend a Houston game and would figuratively kill for the opportunity. If I can in support these guys from a sports bar in Phoenix, you guys in Houston HAVE got to in person!!!!!!!! It sickens me that people wanna boycott. REAL fans support their team through thick and thin PERIOD!

vtech9 said:
All I can say is that this is sad, very sad. You guys in Houston have the opportunity to go watch your home team play the great sport of NFL football,

Hey, they aren't playing football, that's the point.

Vinny said:

Nobody's front running here, friend.

According to you it's OK to bash the team and the coaches and the QB, but we shouldn't express this in any dynamic way for fear of . . . whoops.

Logic freeze.

Fans that want to boycott the team due to some losses are frontrunners. That's just how it is.

Texas said:
A true fan sticks by his team through thick and thin.

A TRUE FAN supports the team by calling the cards as they fall. If the team is cruddy & coaches and GM gotta go, the TRUE FAN takes the necessary action to get the message across. Otherwise the TRUE FAN is a herd animal too fond of his Sunday afternoon outing to care whether his team is doing all it can to get better.

aj. said:
although this game might draw a few more fans to the stadium because of Battle Red and a quality opponent. If the Texans were playing the Cardinals this week the stadium would be half empty.
Actually, I was thinking we'd get MORE fans to show against Arizona. Fans like to show up when a "W" is more likely. :yahoo:

Nighthawk said:
A TRUE FAN supports the team by calling the cards as they fall. If the team is cruddy & coaches and GM gotta go, the TRUE FAN takes the necessary action to get the message across. Otherwise the TRUE FAN is a herd animal too fond of his Sunday afternoon outing to care whether his team is doing all it can to get better.
Oh When I said a true fan sticks with his team no matter what, I did not mean to grab a big ol' glass of koolaide. It is ok to voice an opinion about the coaches, GM, owner, and especially players, but you REMAIN a fan. You boo when poor play occurs, you gripe when bad draft picks are made, you voice your displeasure over bad trades (that WAS a shot at the driftwood wearing jersey#31), parents express their unhappiness when their child does something they don't like, but YOU DON'T ABANDON THE KID!!!! Unlike some of the other owners in the NFL, we got lucky and we got a businessman. He understands if he provides us with a poor product, he can't turn a profit. He is not like the Bidwill family. I think McNair will realize if he wants folks to renew those PSL's and season tickets, he better put together a winning product. Remember,over a billion dollars were spent to get this franchise running. He is not some billionaire's son (Michael Bidwill) who has no appreciation of the work and effort it took to get this thing off the ground. Stand by your team when they finally make it to the Superbowl, it will be 100x sweeter because you stuck it out through the hard times.

Nighthawk said:

That's fine. Please send me your tickets if you really plan to do this. I know lotsa folks who would love to use them.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me what others do. People have spent their hard earned money on a bad product and if they choose not to go it sends a message. If they choose to boo, I've got no problem with that either. It's not a problem that's indicative of Houston. It happens all over the country. I've lived in several major markets and it happens all over. The White Sox couldn't give away tickets in the beginning of the year and now look. The fact is our team is bad, very bad, and its disappointing. I for one will be there wearing red and hoping to cheer a bunch.

SheTexan said:

Good post Grandma!!!!!!!
Myself I am not forking out $1800.. for PSLs and $1600.00 a year for tickets and parking. Plus what I spend in gas from Baytown, booze and food for tailgating to sit at home or walk out of the stadium. I spend this because I am a die hard fan and elect to support the Texans.

Yes I am disappointed in the team right now, but remember the years when we didn't have a team to cheer for!!!

Yep it would be nice to have a playoff team or even a competetive one right now. the "I live for Sunday" holds true to me. There is more than just having a winning team. I enjoy the guys getting together for some eating and drinking while tailgating. Yelling till you are hoarse at the game. I have had the opportunity to see some GREAT players play the game, normally you wouldn't (except on TV) if we didn't have NFL in Houston. I have got to see Farve, Moss, Sapp, Rice, RSmith, JSmith, PManning, Edge, Culpepper, etc just to name a few. As a true football fan it is awesome to me to be able to see such players as these play the game in your hometown and more to the game than just winning!

Like I said, it would be nice to have a winner to yell for, right now we are not, but like the movie, "build it and they will come". Might take a little longer than we thought!

Just not ready to try to cover up my Texan logo tattoo on my leg, right now or "boycott" the team or the Texan organization. He(McNair) knows we are messed up at this moment and doesn't need an attention getter. The 0-5 record is attention getter enough for him!

SEE YA SUNDAY!!!!!!!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Even in defeat, I will be there.

Another thought....If the Texans give a good effort (even if they lose) we should ALL show our appreciation by standing and applauding when the players leave the field. I do this for every game that they give 100 %. At some of the recent games, I have stood silent for exiting players (Not much of a boo'er).

Aye yie yie.
Boycotts? Dumping PSLS? Refusal to buy merchandise?
You wanted football back in Houston, and treat it like this? And y'all call the team losers....

Here is the deal. Either you are here for the long haul or you aren't. Passing your .02 on here over the team's performance is great, as long as you are a participating FAN in the process (attend games, watch on TV, etc). :texflag: Bans are not included.

If you can't handle a losing season, it is best you leave now to lessen the embarassment on our entire fanbase.

Please stay home, boo birds. We don't need your 'help' at Reliant. We may be having a losing season, but don't need to lose our class too.

See y'all back (like you never left) when it becomes fashionable to be a Texans fan again. To me, it is ALWAYS in style.
:texflag:

What is the difference between a fairweather and true fan?
Ask the Astros. :bomb:

This is an absolutely stupid idea. I am sincerely hoping that the Texans are losing so that they can get rid of you sorry fans before we go to the playoffs. The only thing that sucks more than our team are fans like this.

El Tejano said:
This is an absolutely stupid idea. I am sincerely hoping that the Texans are losing so that they can get rid of you sorry fans before we go to the playoffs. The only thing that sucks more than our team are fans like this.

Unfortunately, fans like this will hop back on the wagon when the team starts to do well. I have been laughing my butt off the past two days at all the "fairweather" Astro fans. I have seen people I have known for years sporting Tee shirts, writing GO ASTRO'S on their car, and swearing they have been diehard Astro's fans for 44 years. Funny, I have NEVER heard them even mention the Astro's until Thurs. Yes, most of them have been hopping on and off the wagon for years. In reality, I guess it's not all that bad. The entire city of Houston should be proud of our baseball team and show support. Our day will come TEXAN fans, and the entire city will do the same for the Texans as they have done for the Astro's. How quickly some fans forget that they were the one's who wanted to BOYCOTT, sell their tickets, BOO until their heads hurt, make insulting and slandering comments about players, refuse to buy merchandise, etc, etc, etc!! BUT, they will stand in line for hours on end to buy that same merchandise when our FOOTBALL team brings home a championship! That day will come, I am certain of it. I don't know how long we will have to wait, but I won't have to worry. I will already have my merchandise, my tickets, and my pride and loyalty, because it never died to start with!

SheTexan said:
Unfortunately, fans like this will hop back on the wagon when the team starts to do well. I have been laughing my butt off the past two days at all the "fairweather" Astro fans. I have seen people I have known for years sporting Tee shirts, writing GO ASTRO'S on their car, and swearing they have been diehard Astro's fans for 44 years. Funny, I have NEVER heard them even mention the Astro's until Thurs. Yes, most of them have been hopping on and off the wagon for years. In reality, I guess it's not all that bad. The entire city of Houston should be proud of our baseball team and show support. Our day will come TEXAN fans, and the entire city will do the same for the Texans as they have done for the Astro's. How quickly some fans forget that they were the one's who wanted to BOYCOTT, sell their tickets, BOO until their heads hurt, make insulting and slandering comments about players, refuse to buy merchandise, etc, etc, etc!! BUT, they will stand in line for hours on end to buy that same merchandise when our FOOTBALL team brings home a championship! That day will come, I am certain of it. I don't know how long we will have to wait, but I won't have to worry. I will already have my merchandise, my tickets, and my pride and loyalty, because it never died to start with!

I was NOT one of those standing in line at Academy for the Astro hat and T-shirt. You hardly saw an Astro hat while they were losing.I have been wearing my Texan hat and jersey when I'm out and about. Just like the Cowboy fan, you didn't see a Cowboy hat or Tee when they were 1-15 and losing. Now they are back out.

I will wear my Texans garb always, win or lose! I will not be a bandwagon jumper. I am from Louisiana and was a Saints fan for 30+ years, even when I moved to Texas. Even a Saint fan over the Oilers until they left and the Texans came to town, got season tickets and became a Texan fan.:texans:

Vinny said:
Fans that want to boycott the team due to some losses are frontrunners. That's just how it is.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I've been a fan of Houston pro football since Charlie Hennigan. Charlie Tolar. Blanda. Earl. Etc etc. Been following the team that was. Gave it up when they moved to Tenn. Then got excited about the new team in town until they turned out to be duller than dirt and about as good. For two years now I've been calling for Capers' and Casserly's heads. The slow boys on this grill are the front runners, latecomers to that party--you thought Capers was THE GUY, if I remember correctly, last year, back in 2003, too. When a few of us already knew Capers was a dimwit with no imagination and a real outdated sense of what pro football is now. All you have to do is look around at the play of other teams and you can see in a NY minute that we are (AND HAVE BEEN) underprepared, inadequately coachrd, and perpetual bottom dwellers, and it all starts with management.

So your idea is go out and "support" the high school football you're being fed by McNair and Co. A boycott is too complex a move, apparently, and the "true fans" really must have their Sunday afternoons of beer and screaming. Don't do anything that might be effective, hear?

Nighthawk said:
Yeah, I guess you're right. I've been a fan of Houston pro football since Charlie Hennigan. Charlie Tolar. Blanda. Earl. Etc etc. Been following the team that was. Gave it up when they moved to Tenn. Then got excited about the new team in town until they turned out to be duller than dirt and about as good. For two years now I've been calling for Capers' and Casserly's heads. The slow boys on this grill are the front runners, latecomers to that party--you thought Capers was THE GUY, if I remember correctly, last year, back in 2003, too. When a few of us already knew Capers was a dimwit with no imagination and a real outdated sense of what pro football is now. All you have to do is look around at the play of other teams and you can see in a NY minute that we are (AND HAVE BEEN) underprepared, inadequately coachrd, and perpetual bottom dwellers, and it all starts with management.

So your idea is go out and "support" the high school football you're being fed by McNair and Co. A boycott is too complex a move, apparently, and the "true fans" really must have their Sunday afternoons of beer and screaming. Don't do anything that might be effective, hear?

...sit down, relax, take a deep breath...everything will get better

Nighthawk said:

I don't know about you, but I paid for my tickets and I will be there for every dad blasted game, including the dang Saturday afternoon Christmas Eve game. Seems to me that if you pay for something and don't attend, then you are proving that Houston fans aren't very intelligent.

touttail said:
I was NOT one of those standing in line at Academy for the Astro hat and T-shirt. You hardly saw an Astro hat while they were losing.I have been wearing my Texan hat and jersey when I'm out and about. Just like the Cowboy fan, you didn't see a Cowboy hat or Tee when they were 1-15 and losing. Now they are back out.

I will wear my Texans garb always, win or lose! I will not be a bandwagon jumper. I am from Louisiana and was a Saints fan for 30+ years, even when I moved to Texas. Even a Saint fan over the Oilers until they left and the Texans came to town, got season tickets and became a Texan fan.:texans:

I only wear my Texans garb to games because the shirts don't have pockets. I've got to have pockets in my shirts for my pens, check book, cell phone, etc. so I don't have to carry a man purse. If they make shirts with pockets, then I'll "wear my Texans garb always." Oh, and I did wait in line a few minutes to buy some Astros t-shirts and I haven't been to a game since they were playing in the Astrodome. So shoot me.

Nighthawk said:
Yep, cause I love football. I can't imagine turning my back on what I love because we aren't good enough to win more than we lose yet. I know we aren't going anywhere and its a pretty tough league so I have patience. I've lived in cities that didn't have the NFL so I guess I don't understand this boycott thing. Funny how you think it is your 'right' to have a winner here, or you will boycott them. I became a fan during our back to back 1-13 teams in the early 70's and understand that every single franchise has dark years. I don't think the team owes us anything but to try hard and fix the problems as the problems arise.

Back