Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2005   #21
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair's Impromptu Media Session
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #22
BigBalla1983
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BigBalla1983 Send a message via MSN to BigBalla1983 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBalla1983

i love this team to death. but imo i believe we are always there for the team but yes lately we probably have been booing the team when the offense sputters or when the defense gives up the big play. I believe in cheering more when the opposing team gets into the redzone. So our defense should have the advantage, but lately it hasnt worked. I hope all fans will keep cheering till the end of the season and then i want to know what mcnair would say. Thats all i wanted to say. Go Texans!!!!

This is me everyweekend on sundays here sitting on couch and waiting for the texans to do something with heart like they did last year but there is no heart in this time. I watch the whole game and then after the game i go ahead and play some madden and woop on the other team with the texans to release my stress that the texans caused :P. i just hoped they lived to there hype like carr was saying in the offseason. DD played up to his hype now its up to the offense to work as a whole and not as a 1 dimension offense.
Old 10-19-2005   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If you want to try and read between the lines, I'll tell you what I got out of it. It seemed like to me, McNair wanted to say outright, "Hang with us until we can ditch this coaching staff and we'll make it better". But then, that might just be wishful thinking on my part
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #24
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
If you want to try and read between the lines, I'll tell you what I got out of it. It seemed like to me, McNair wanted to say outright, "Hang with us until we can ditch this coaching staff and we'll make it better". But then, that might just be wishful thinking on my part
I think that's wishful thinking, and McNair has got his head in a hole like the rest of the losers associated with this team. The new MN owner has done better with his problems than McNair. He looked good when it was easy, but now that it's gotten tough, McNair is spouting Capersisms.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
umm no they dont thas a misconception, but i get what u mean.
I did read about a mass suicide of sheep a couple of months ago, Greece or Turkey I believe. Hundreds of sheep ran off a cliff, poor shepard were in tears.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #26
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
It would have been nice to hear some honesty there and for him to call some people out instead of making excuses.
Consider him the PR man in this situation, all he's doing is waving the flag, not presenting his own in-depth analysis.
Old 10-20-2005   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
...McNair has got his head in a hole like the rest of the losers associated with this team.

What then, sell and move the team away AGAIN?...

If you don't like the team, or the entire organization, then why are you even a fan? Since this Texans team is obviously not giving you what you want, I would suggest that you find some other sport, or team, to cheer for.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2005   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The bottom line is if I'm a Houston sports fan and I have the Stro's in the World Series , the Rockets are going to be a very good team , UT has a chance at a national championship ... where do I have time for an 0 for ? team .

If Bob keeps the status quo I take it he's lost also . Some die hards may say folks like me are fair weather fans but I like an overachieving team with heart . I also admire a well oiled machine (not penalty machine ) .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #29
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Booing is passť. How about hissing, instead? Itís big in Europe. Plus, it could freak out the Colts. Think about it.

That's funny, I don't care who you are! Thanks man, I needed that this morning....I'll be hissing in section 129 Sunday!!!!

GO 'STROS...........TEXANS
Old 10-20-2005   #30
ATX_Texan
Veteran

McNair's actual words can be found in this article in today's Chronicle:

Link

The scary part is the final quote from the article:

Quote:
"It just boils down to everyone executing and doing their job. There's no great mystery. We just haven't been executing. We've got to go out and do our jobs. And when we do, the results will be better."
This sounds just like the same crap we have been hearing from Capers for over a year now. The bottom line is that the offensive and defensive schemes are not working anymore. The other teams in the league know what the Texans are doing and how to defeat them. We cannot be like the Cowboys in the 90's and run at other teams and dare them to stop us. In addition, the players and fans realize that plan will not work and for that reason they don't believe in this staff anymore. This staff is not capable of making adjustments, so we need to change it. The sooner, the better.
ATX_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair is right though....the players have to go out and excute. What's the alternative? Just close the Stadium?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #32
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Short of cutting Capers off at the knees and outright acknowledging that the season is over, what exactly did we expect the man to say? Stay home? Boo all game long? Quit on the team like the team's quit on Capers?

There's not a lot beyond "it's unsatisfactory" and "I'm accountable" that he can say--and he said BOTH of those things. The latter, in fact, has yet to come from the people who are far more accountable than him. I'm sick of people in the news and in sports getting into these games of sound-bite "gotcha," ripping phrases from their context and flailing around indignantly with breathless "how-dare-they" outrage. McNair said nothing here that's unexpected, and frankly nothing worth getting into a twist about.

I don't fault Bob McNair for trying to be a good and patient owner here. His only alternative at this point is to fire everyone right now and potentially turn this into an even bigger mess. This is a good man in a rotten position trying to handle this with class.

Side note on that Fonoti reference: According to NFL Network last night, Fonoti weighed 406 pounds about 2 weeks ago and just recently dropped below the 400 mark. Granted, at that size he's probably a better pass-blocker lying down than some Texans O-linemen are standing up, but I don't think Houston desparately needs yet another damaged and wheezing fat guy out there. It would've been nice to see an effort to do something, but I'm not considering this the equivalent of losing out on a legitimate starting lineman.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #33
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default ...ok, knew that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
McNair is right though....the players have to go out and excute. What's the alternative? Just close the Stadium?
...ok, everyone is on the same page--players have to go out and execute...but there in lies the problem, as they are not executing and have not for awhile...McNair-like Capers-has achknowledge the most basic requirement of a player's job description...what does that solve? Does whether or not we close the stadium today have an effect on execution?

IMO, McNair needs to concentrate his efforts on not telling us what we already know===NO EXECUTION==but what he is going to do to solve this problem. Last year, without telling us how, McNair said pass protection would improve this year but it has-in fact-gotten worse. I don't want McNair to be one of those owners that 'tells us what we want to hear' but does not solve the problem. Too, losing control of his fan base which translates into money out of his pocket, should not be his call to address problems that have been on going...results is the name of the game, not telling us all what we alrady know..
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #34
ATX_Texan
Veteran

I guess what I am trying to say is that back in the 90ís teams knew the Cowboys were going to run certain plays. Because of their talent and their ability to execute flawlessly, it did not matter what the opposing team did. They could simply overwhelm the other team. It seems to me that Capers and McNair feel that the Texans can somehow operate in the same manner. If they just execute Pendryís and Fangioís game plans, they will impose their will on the other team. The flaw in this idea is that the Texans are not talented enough to function in this manner. After reviewing four years of film on the Texans, I think most good coaches have determined how to defeat the same tired plays they are running. Perfection execution of bad plays is not enough to overcome teams that are better prepared and more talented. The players have come to realize the futility of trying and failing by doing the same things over and over again. You add in the lack of talent due to the failures of Casserly and you see the disorganized mess displayed week in and week out.

To be honest, I did not expect much more out of McNair. What can he really say in this situation? The state of this team is horrible and he still has to somehow sell this product for the rest of this lost season. I think that we fans are just tired of playing along.
ATX_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how you come to that conclusion....that little speech just reeked of "calm down till I fire the coach".

Old 10-20-2005   #36
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I don't know how you come to that conclusion....that little speech just reeked of "calm down till I fire the coach".
Vinny you must play Poker. I read the same thing in McNair's face. He is upset and pissed that he is losing money and having to watch McClain kick ***. McNair is dying to pull the trigger and I would not be suprised if they have already been in contact with Kubiak to check on his interest and availability.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
There is no room for Booing any team, ever, What is the point do you think it makes them play better.

I dont care what anybodys record is you never boo, it is desrespectful to your team. They get booed on the road WHY would they want to hear it from their hometown "Fans".

Remeber when we were considered one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL?
Booing bad play is a fans right. They deserve boos. Who do you think pays those salaries? It ain't magic.

Old 10-20-2005   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Vinny you must play Poker. I read the same thing in McNair's face. He is upset and pissed that he is losing money and having to watch McClain kick ***. McNair is dying to pull the trigger and I would not be suprised if they have already been in contact with Kubiak to check on his interest and availability.
Yep, we see the same thing. Supposedly we have already started a coaching search...if you believe the reports...and I think we are.

Old 10-20-2005   #39
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I think we have contacted certain coaches and coordinators to check availablilty, but I doubt anything pass that. Hey what do you think of Kubiak HC, Turner OC, Dennison OLC, Jon Hoke DC. Let me know Vin I would be interested as your take. I think McNair would love for it to turn out this way. He is a big fan of Hoke and everytime he comes to the practice facility he likes to talk with Hoke more than Capers. Hoke does not have the experience though to be a HC, but a good DC would work, he did a hell of a job at Florida.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #40
Malloy
Site Contributor

Dunno what to think about Hoke, it's not like our secondary has been rocking this season :I

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read