Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2005   #1
Trogdor014
Veteran

Default Carr's option to be picked up...

I don't know if this has been posted on here or not, but in the "Week 6: Morning After" article by Len P on ESPN it said in the "Heard in the Pressbox" section that:

"The Texans have already decided to pick up the buyback option in the contract of quarterback David Carr. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2193803

I'm sure that isn't a huge suprise to most.
Old 10-18-2005   #2
outofhnd
All Pro

Great now we just need to draft some lineman and sign Toniu Fonoti to a long term deal when he becomes a free agent.
Old 10-18-2005   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Attention Kmart shoppers ... we're now opening the floor to bidding for the Matt or Bush pick .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #4
Tayton
Veteran

I KNOW we need lineman but it would be hard for me to pass on Bush. JMO
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #5
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The real prize for any team will be Leinart. Noone was really willing to play ball with the Niners last year when the possible prize was Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith.

Had Leinart come out early, then the suitors would have been lining up around the block just to make an offer. So I expect this year to be a year when the Number 1 pick is highly coveted. The big loser in the season will have to choose between taking Leinart (possible franchise changing QB) and taking a package of players and high draft picks.

I think I'd take the players and picks personally. I think Carr with protection can be a winning franchise type QB. If you take Leinart, you've got to start all over again with a rookie QB and his protection won't be fabulous overnight, because we won't have the extra picks and players to work with.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #6
grandslam1
Veteran

Best news all year....
grandslam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #7
bigkyle
Rookie

We need to take Leinart and trade Carr for a couple of good 0-linemen.
bigkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2005   #8
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkyle
Carr is a good QB, rare is the QB who can throw the ball while laying on his backside
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I think we should trade Hollings and Joppru for a whole new line.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Who in the **** would take that trade?
Old 10-18-2005   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Perhaps I need to make better use of smileys. It was intended to sardonically point out the absurdity of trading Carr for a couple of offensive linemen. Thus, the quote.

Thanks for the rep hit though
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #12
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Do you want to make our line worse?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

It is great news that we are picking up Carr's option. Look for him to be an upper-echelon qb when he gets some protection. On our current place we are going to end up with a top 5 pick maybe top 10. We still have Cleveland, St. Lou, SF, Arizona, Tenn., Baltimore, and Jack on the schedule so we should be able to steal some wins in there. The prize of this draft will be Lionhart even though Bush is the best player coming out. Look for us to try and either pick up two picks in the first round or Take BPA. Which could be Bush. Listen Bush is a rare back that possibly could come out and play receiver in our system. He is 6-0 and 200 lbs with the ability to add 10lbs without losing any speed. He is not a 30 carry kind of guy, but he is a brian westbrook type gamebreaker with better hands and speed. The best RB at USC is Lendale White who could come out but if he is smart will wait and be the second back in the 2007 draft to A. Peterson. I look for us to take Bush, Ferguson, Winston, or McNeil. It is a little early to speculate on these things, but hell we are 0-5 going on 0-6 so why the hell not. Not like we are going to win the next 10 in a row. Plus management just missed on two easy trades for Lavar and Fonoti.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #14
Frills
Veteran

The only way we could make a trade like that is if another team hires Casserly...He's the whipping boy of all NFL GM's.

If a GM is ever in trouble of losing their job, trade with Casserly and you'll look like a genius
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #15
gbank54
Rookie

I think we're all forgetting who is in charge of our draft picks and crucial decisions. I think we will piss away our draft by aquiring some washup or troublemaker, and trading down to the 4th or 5th round.JMO
gbank54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps I need to make better use of smileys. It was intended to sardonically point out the absurdity of trading Carr for a couple of offensive linemen. Thus, the quote.

Thanks for the rep hit though
The rep hit? I rarely use that feature, but thanks for the rep hits on me for thinking I did it.
Old 10-18-2005   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Who in the **** would take that trade?
Who ever hires Casserly.....
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #18
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton
I KNOW we need lineman but it would be hard for me to pass on Bush. JMO
Yes, Bush is always hard to turn down!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

" The Texans have already decided to pick up the buyback option in the contract of quarterback David Carr. "
Yup, there it is right out of the ESPN guys article. That's big news to us,
but it's buried at the very bottom of the ESPN artical. Wonder why no official
anouncement, no fanfare, no hup de la here in Houston. But Pasquarelli is a
man with a rep, would not think he would just make it up out of whole cloth.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #20
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Like I said pick up bush. Trade DD for a good LT. Any team with a need for a RB will take that. Then work on the rest but I could never pass up bush and Carr has the ability if he can just get the line.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read