Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-17-2005   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Scouting Indianapolis

They play tonight against an offensive-based team in St. Louis.

I will look to see what St. Louis does to have success on this team, and try to see if we have a similar play we can use agaisnt them.

I will have my keys to the game Wednesday,
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
They play tonight against an offensive-based team in St. Louis.

I will look to see what St. Louis does to have success on this team, and try to see if we have a similar play we can use agaisnt them.

I will have my keys to the game Wednesday,
The Rams throw the ball, a foreign concept to the Texans.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MNF - Rams vs. Colts/Pace vs Freeney

Battle of the best LT going against the best pass rusher in the NFL.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts off to a shakey start - obviously looking ahead to their big game
down in Texas this coming weekend.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #5
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

best olt? ha.

walter jones is by far. anyone that knows football knows that.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #6
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

if there is an iffy call.

the colts will get it. it's the nfl's mission to get the colts to the superbowl no matter what. along with the vicks. that call with the saints was horrible.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i lost bulger
Old 10-17-2005   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default How do you beat Indy?

St Louis is showing you the way to do it, but I don't know if they will be successful. They began the game by not letting Manning have the ball until the 8 minute mark and down 10. Sounds like us and Carr doesn't it. The pressure was on Payton and they missed a field goal and some other plays. The key play so far was the recovered fumble by Indy deep in St Louis territory. If St Louis recovers that fumble I think it would be a very different ball game. They kept Payton out of this ball game for a long time and they hurt the Indy defense. In addition the get a break when Bulger tries to make a tackle on an interception and has to leave the game. Bulger is not Payton, but he is a handful. You have to get a lead on Indy and keep the pressure on them. Both teams have running and passing attacks. They also have O-lines. It's an absolute delite to watch Pace against Fenny. Pace is pitching a shutout.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, just think guys......the RAMS had the Colts down by 17 in the 1st Quarter. The Rams have a slightly more "potent" offense than the Texans possess. They still managed to get beat by 17.

Just think how bad it COULD get Sunday. Makes you feel as sick as you did when Pujols drive left the bat.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #10
coltsrock
Rookie

I think the biggie here was the fumble of the kickoff. If Rhodes doesn't fumble this is a much different game, and the O isn't off the field for 8 minutes. But if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas, too! It happened.

What I like is tat after the 17 - 0 onslaught, the D only gave up 3 until a garbage touch. I think Madden was right, the COlts D was surprised at the pace of the Rams O. Once they adjusted, they never looked back.

What a game, and what a roller coaster ride! Whew!
coltsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #11
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsrock
I think the biggie here was the fumble of the kickoff. If Rhodes doesn't fumble this is a much different game, and the O isn't off the field for 8 minutes. But if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas, too! It happened.

What I like is tat after the 17 - 0 onslaught, the D only gave up 3 until a garbage touch. I think Madden was right, the COlts D was surprised at the pace of the Rams O. Once they adjusted, they never looked back.

What a game, and what a roller coaster ride! Whew!
You could also tell where our defense was caught completely off-guard when the Rams came out running with Jackson instead of passing...

17 points in the first quarter = :brickwall
bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeney is an excellent player but I thought Pace did a really good job on him tonight...at least when they highlighted the matchup he was doing a good job. What's with all that spinning he does? I've never seen a player do that as much as he does.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Freeney is an excellent player but I thought Pace did a really good job on him tonight...at least when they highlighted the matchup he was doing a good job. What's with all that spinning he does? I've never seen a player do that as much as he does.
Outside of Willie Roaf, no one has ever done a better job against Dwight than Pace did tonight.

As for the spinning, Dwight says it best when talking about the colts D-line "we come off the bus spinning"
Old 10-18-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well he's a great one and I'll give him that but when he's being handled all that spinning looks silly. I'd like to tell him to just rush the guy and quit all the ballet dancing!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read