Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2005   #21
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Last night at the half I started a thread along this line but it was deleted. Anyway, St Louis showed you how it has to be done, but they couldn't finish it. You have to play a perfect game right now to beat Indy. You must control the ball like St Louis did in the 1st Qtr. Manning did not get the ball until the 8 minute mark and down 10 points. St Louis controlled the game until Bulger was knocked out by his own hands and the key play where Indy recovers a fumble that should have gone to St. Louis. Manning wasn't all that effective coming off the bench and they even missed a field goal. They make mistakes when they are under pressure. He had trouble getting into rythm. It's what I have been saying about Carr in every game so far. If you cann't get into rythm its hard to get going. Each little mistake becomes magnified. When you get ahead you can t-off defensively. St Louis had the offense to hurt Indy's defense they just couldn't keep it going. DO NOT GET ME WRONG, INDY HAS A HECK OF A TEAM.

The other thing is you have to some how upset Manning. For example when he gets into the huddles with the officials you need to bitterly complain about him doing that and get the refs attention. He shouldn't be there. He's smart, but just may be he's to smart for his own britches. It wouldn't hurt to get a sack or two. I noticed that no one really blitzed in the 1st half, probably because they figure Manning will kill you if he reads it.

It was a joy to watch a QB call his own plays and manipulate the field. His field presence is awesome. It was equally a joy to watch Pace deal with Fenny. That was a game featuring some outstanding play and showed you why each is considered great in their own right. Fenny got a play against St. Louis's end rather than Pace and immediately caused a fumble. He could do nothing against Pace. Again a marvelously played game with a lot to watch and a true cat and mouse game, but the cat got the mouse.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #22
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
I think I'll sharpen up the ol' ice skates and head to the river Styx.
hallarious!
Old 10-18-2005   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Last night at the half I started a thread along this line but it was deleted.
No it was not deleted. You started a redundant thread in the wrong forum and it was merged into an existing thread.
Old 10-18-2005   #24
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
No it was not deleted. You started a redundant thread in the wrong forum and it was merged into an existing thread.
It was a discussion of our coming up game and I do not consider that redundant. Its what people have to do to beat Indy..................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #25
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default What will you do if we beat Indy on Sunday?

I don't know what I would do ...
BUT, I bet I know what Dom Capers will do if we win ... special treat! .. take the team to the MOVIES!!!!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #26
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I'd look at the team of next week and think what we need to execute in that game like we did in the indy game to come upon the same results. It could happen
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #27
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags16
Id jump for freaking joy and watch my Jags take the South over. Ill be rooting for the Texans heavily tonight and next week. Cmon Texans, yall can do it!

Git R Done!
SO somehow you will lead the division with a 4-2 (maybe 5-2) record over a team with a 6-1 record?

Crazy jags fans, math is fundamental.
Old 10-18-2005   #28
Dante's Inferno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
SO somehow you will lead the division with a 4-2 (maybe 5-2) record over a team with a 6-1 record?

Crazy jags fans, math is fundamental.
Not all of us are deficient...

I really don't think the Texans will have to worry about this particular subject. The Colts are hammering everything in their path right now and, as a Jaguar fan, I'm not afraid to say they are running away with the division, the AFC, and the Super Bowl as of right now. That December game should be a good one.
Dante's Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #29
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Astros make it to the World Series, I probably will not care what the Texans do Sunday.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #30
Gunbuny
Rookie

If the Texans beat Indy, I will paint my entire house Battle Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gunbuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbuny
If the Texans beat Indy, I will paint my entire house Battle Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll come help you!!lol

Cry with joy!! That's what I will do! Frame my battle red jersey!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I will buy all the Houston Chronicles that are in Austin and cut out every newspaper clip and make that the wall paper in my house, followed with hours and hours of ESPN watching to see if they show the highlight reels to no avail.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #33
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
All I know is this is my first game to go to at reliant and if we happened to pull it off, I'll be the guy they show on the jumbo tron with the urine stain running down his pant leg.
jeremy,

You will love it regardless if they win or lose. The stadium is awesome and the crowd is soooooooo loud. It will be a great experience.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #34
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would put down the madden game in time to watch the real texans
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #35
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I will celebrate by buying a banana pudding ice cream cone from Hank's.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #36
Bassinguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Since everyone thinks that of all the games this year, this was the one quaranteed lost on the schedule (here and in Indy) .. So maybe while the Colts are playing their brand of finess football, we can run around like the three (11) stooges and distract their game, and maybe take it away.
Who knows ... after all, we will be in the magical Battle Red.
Yeah, and by the end of the game more than the jerseys will be red. Coaches faces, fans faces, and players butts. We'll win this one when
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #37
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go to my local neighborhood field and catch as many crows as I could for dinner that night.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #38
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

So what are the Texans going to do to beat the Colts? If they win, I will take back some of the bad things I have posted.
Old 10-19-2005   #39
BlueBlood
Rookie

Im opening a snow blower dealership in hell.
BlueBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #40
BlueBlood
Rookie

If I didnt know better it sounds like the subject of this thread is "What will you do if we win the superbowl"
BlueBlood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read