Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How Frustrated Are You? (Poll)
100% This start is shocking, I am blindsided by this 17 16.83%
80-99% I expected improvement, not regression 54 53.47%
60% - Had expectectations this season, but wasn't sure 14 13.86%
40% - Saw some of this coming, but had hope 7 6.93%
20% - Schedule, injuries, FA moves, draft... not surprised 9 8.91%
0% Frustrated - I love this and everything about it 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2005   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

60% because i was not sure about the line.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #22
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm
This team despartely needs leadership....
As must as the fan base needs spelling lessons
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #23
JmikeT
Rookie

I expected the team to progress - not the quagmire we have on hand now.
Capers aka "Coah w/ deer in the headlights look" has truly lost this team. If he survives and is here next year I will be wearing the brown bag and the official fan title will be TEXAINT(tex-ain't).
This team has a lot of problems but I think we all would be okay if they consistentantly showed up to play. However, every week the woes mount and change. Here's a breakdown of our embarassment as fans:
Week 1
  1. pathetic offense
  2. poor game plan
  3. no sense of urgency
Week 2
  • certain defensive players getting owned
  • lack of adjustments by coaching staff
Week 3
  • bye week and we found a way to lose... to ourselves! lol
Week 4
  • best game played but unfortunately...A LOSS
And so on and so forth... penalties, still bad play calling on both sides of the ball, players in the wrong positions (ie 2 recievers in the same area, or a linebacker out of position), and most of all POOR TACKLING.
In short (oh now I decide to summarize!), Capers and his coaching staff have done a poor job of preparing the team, game planning, and making adjustments during a game. So regardless of the players, we won't know how good they could be until they have a coaching staff who gives them the best opportunity
Old 10-18-2005   #24
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I definitely fall into this bracket: 20% - Schedule, injuries, FA moves, draft... not surprised.

It somehow didn't 'feel right'. I couldn't see any pluses in all the moves that were going on. I thought I had to be wrong. I was being corrected by others for the errors of my thoughts. . But, sadly it has played out.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #25
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I put down 60% but I could fall into the 40% or 20% as well.

I saw this coming when they dumped Sharper and Glenn. I was shocked that Greenwood was our "big" FA signing. I couldn't believe we traded for Buchanon. Why did we sign Riley?

Even after those deals I thought "Maybe the Texans know things that we don't." Buchanon could be turned around by Capers and Hoke right? Maybe Riley just needed some structure. Sharper and Glenn might have cap casulties right? They had lost a step...right? Wrong, wrong and more wrong.

Even after all that I expected them to go 8-8. Not exactly expecting the playoffs but still. 0-5 (soon to be 0-6) is not what I expected.
Old 10-18-2005   #26
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
I've gone from frustrated and angry to being depressed.
ditto that and add embarrassed. I know it may not be the smartest move, but it isn't as if we have made any smart moves lately so why not; firing Capers would go a long way in making me feel better.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read