Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2005   #1
utahmark
markbeth
 
utahmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: utah
Age: 44
Posts: 1,997
Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default joe theisman

joe just said "the Texans are gonna ruin this kid". refering to carr and the punishment he is taking. takes him 3 quarters to figure out what our coaches havent been able to see in 4 years. get these coaches out of here now. there is nothing good going to come out of keeping this crew here. put in an interm coach and start preparing for next year.

Last edited by utahmark; 10-16-2005 at 10:39 PM.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper
 
Bubbajwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the Warehouse
Age: 27
Posts: 3,213
Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Yep. Before the game everybody from espn thought that Carr was a terrible QB. Know that they actualy watch one of our games they see it isnt all him.
__________________
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #3
thefuture17
Rookie
 
thefuture17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 79
Rep Power: 10 thefuture17 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Yep. Before the game everybody from espn thought that Carr was a terrible QB. Know that they actualy watch one of our games they see it isnt all him.
Theisman seems to love Carr now but Carr did play great and i say you give Carr one more year after this which hopefully he will have a good line in and he will show us what he can do
__________________
Remember this name Chad Lemon future star of the NFL
thefuture17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #4
harley7
Rookie
 
harley7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 50
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0 harley7 is ridin' the pine
Default

I really was impressed with Carr tonight. I was at least proud that he was representing us on the field. The Texans secondary and O line really really SUCK. David looked like a mature veteran. He mixed it up short and long, moved inside the pocket well and used his gun of an arm. I hope the Texans don't ruin him because regardless of what fans say he is the Texans team right now. Nice job David. If the Texans cant get their sheet together I hope they trade him somewhere where he can get some protection and become the star player that he is destined to be.
harley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #5
bdmjr
waterboy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0 bdmjr is ridin' the pine
Default

I agree Carr is not to blame. How he has remained so optimistic to this point is beyond me, but that has to count for something. I think it is a chemistry issue. The team has not gelled this season and I think it's because of coaching strategy and overall the team just doesn't fit into the schemes or vice versa.
bdmjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #6
angeltexus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: atx
Age: 41
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0 angeltexus is ridin' the pine
Default

Please let me know who told CC Brown he could play NFL football. As well as Seth Payne, and this bootleg team. They sure are making Texas look foolish right about now. Let's Go Astros
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame
 
RTP2110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Atascocita
Age: 34
Posts: 2,977
Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Thiesmann also said (referring to McKinney), if you can't block your man one on one, you shouldn't even be wearing a jersey. ouch.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2005   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper
 
Bubbajwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the Warehouse
Age: 27
Posts: 3,213
Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Thiesmann also said (referring to McKinney), if you can't block your man one on one, you shouldn't even be wearing a jersey. ouch.
I think he was talking about the whole oline.
__________________
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #9
rockabilly
Veteran
 
rockabilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 30
Posts: 412
Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Thiesmann also said (referring to McKinney), if you can't block your man one on one, you shouldn't even be wearing a jersey. ouch.
yeah. that was harsh...but true. We are the Robstown Cottonpickers (if anyone knows how bad that football team is in south texas) of the NFL.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,818
Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I agreed pretty much with everything Theisman said tonight. Carr played a good game. The other guy I have to say that is going to benefit from all this is Jabar Gaffney. He is really becoming a go to man for Carr. I am hoping that this kind of season allows us to see players like Carr, Gaffney, Robinson, Charlie Anderson, and heck even Kris Brown who are still playing with all their heart and improving. Kris Brown was trying to make things happen. I would've loved to see him score a TD.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #11
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What you saw tonight was a veteran broadcaster who was an NFL QB give first hand assessment to our QB and our position. There wasn't a thing I disagree with him about, and it came from the best broadcasting crew in the business. When will the Carr haters wake up and smell the Casserly. Although that was a horrible coaching job tonight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame
 
bckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 53
Posts: 2,331
Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
yeah. that was harsh...but true. We are the Robstown Cottonpickers (if anyone knows how bad that football team is in south texas) of the NFL.
The Cottonpickers pretty much are all about baseball.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame
 
Ibar_Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,219
Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
What you saw tonight was a veteran broadcaster who was an NFL QB give first hand assessment to our QB and our position. There wasn't a thing I disagree with him about, and it came from the best broadcasting crew in the business. When will the Carr haters wake up and smell the Casserly. Although that was a horrible coaching job tonight.
Once again, its coaching and not Casserly and his hands are tied by McNair. McNair I think is the impediment to getting rid of Capers. It has to be that, because no one would continue with this kind of incompetence. All they have to do is listen to the broadcast and you will know the story.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #14
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If Capers told Casserly to get these players then yes, Capes needs to get fired. Casserly should get canned regardless, he's the GM, director of personnel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #15
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame
 
Ibar_Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,219
Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
If Capers told Casserly to get these players then yes, Capes needs to get fired. Casserly should get canned regardless, he's the GM, director of personnel.
Capers and his staff including his scouts are the ones who tell Casserly who they want and why. TJ was their primary pick and Casserly then worked deals to add value for TJ. It was not Casserly telling Capers to take TJ. PBUC was a Capers pick through his defensive coaches. I think Sharper and Glenn were thorns in the side of Capers and he got rid of them or they were thorns in the sides of the assistants. Capers does not take heat well and I don't believe I've ever heard him say it was his fault. I still say we did not draft O-LINE players because CAPERS wanted to shore up his defense and he certainly did an excellent job of tearing it down. Why do you keep Hollings over another WR. You do so because CAPERS wants a vaunted running game which he doesn't have the personnel for anyway. I could go on and on and on about why we look as inept as we do and its a function of Capers and his staff and only them..................................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #16
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Capers and his staff including his scouts are the ones who tell Casserly who they want and why.
If you have proof of that then give it to us, I like to make judgements on facts, if you have that then I agree with you. Show me where Capers wanted Boselli, Hollings, Wade, Pitts, McKinney, etc. And if so we don't need a GM, Capers can do both like Holmgren does. Fire Casserly today because he will basically be doing the same thing with the next coach.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #17
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame
 
Ibar_Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,219
Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
If you have proof of that then give it to us, I like to make judgements on facts, if you have that then I agree with you. Show me where Capers wanted Boselli, Hollings, Wade, Pitts, McKinney, etc. And if so we don't need a GM, Capers can do both like Holmgren does. Fire Casserly today because he will basically be doing the same thing with the next coach.
Simply go back and listen to the interviews and comments during the drafts. Its as clear as the hand writing on the wall. Casserly does not go out and say Dom hears the guy you have to work with because I like him. It just doesn't work that way and people need to wake up to the fact that the coaches are telling the GM who they want. Casserly does the negoiating and signings. The emphasis has been on the running game and defense because that's Capers' style. We got AJ because nobody in his right mind could let him slip through there fingers, not even Capers. Carr probably was a Casserly and Palmer pick, but Carr does not fit into Capers style of play and you can see the end result. Capers is only comfortible with defense and he and his staff pressed for defensive players the last two years and you see the end result. Casserly had to spend a lot to get who Capers wanted. That's the way I see it.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #18
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Simply go back and listen to the interviews and comments during the drafts. Its as clear as the hand writing on the wall. Casserly does not go out and say Dom hears the guy you have to work with because I like him. It just doesn't work that way and people need to wake up to the fact that the coaches are telling the GM who they want. Casserly does the negoiating and signings. The emphasis has been on the running game and defense because that's Capers' style. We got AJ because nobody in his right mind could let him slip through there fingers, not even Capers. Carr probably was a Casserly and Palmer pick, but Carr does not fit into Capers style of play and you can see the end result. Capers is only comfortible with defense and he and his staff pressed for defensive players the last two years and you see the end result. Casserly had to spend a lot to get who Capers wanted. That's the way I see it.
ok so show me the proof, that's all I ask. The internet is good for linking and quoting. Do your homeowork and present your facts. So If I'm to understand you right, Casserly did great with the Carr and Johnson picks, but Capers didn't do as good with the Robinson, Babin, and TJ picks? Are all the good picks Casserly's and all the bad picks Capers'? Carr wasn't Capers pick because he doesn't fit into Capers' system, even though Peppers was right there for his defense??? You're credibility to going down with theses assessments.

This should be Casserly fired right here “We will win here in Houston,” Casserly said. “The tools are in place. We have a great owner, great coach, great facilities and one of the best places to live in this country. It’s just a matter of everybody working together to see this through.” No is Casserly being honest or is he doing some great PR? After game 5, it's easy to find that one out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #19
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh and by the way, since Casserly makes the salary cap moves:

"We like Jamie," defense-minded Houston coach Dom Capers said Wednesday. "It basically came down to, you can't have everybody you that you like to have with the salary cap situation the way it is." ...

Casserly didn't find a way to keep our best linebacker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #20
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 10 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default

Houston coach Dom Capers looked both angered and befuddled.

"I'm very disappointed in the way we played tonight," Capers said. "The thing I was most disappointed in was basically the fundamentals of our team."


The team has quit on Capers and the coaching staff.
They looked worse than some high school players out there with their fundamentals, tackling, coverage, blocking, etc!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger