Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2005   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we all want Capers gone but I am really beginning to consider getting rid of Fangio and letting Capers run the defense all together.

This is my thing: If our QB is getting knocked around, at 0-5 I'm trying to hit the other teams QB from now on whether we get to him by the time he tries to throw or not. Until the Texans start making teams pay for stuff, they will continue to get pushed around. Next year, I am not caring about players that are locker room cancers and have a history of a bad rep. There are entirely too many nice guys on our team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #22
Gunbuny
Rookie

I am curious who will be the new Head Coach after this year. The only member of the coaching staff I hope they keep is Hoke. I think it is time to go in another direction. Any ideas??
Gunbuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #23
txnfan4eva
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
Crapers could'nt even coach my sons little league football team.
Send that the fool CFL with Casserly packed in is suitcase. :brickwall
Shoot, CFL don't want him, he needs to go to NFL Europe and develop some coaching skills before anyone brings him back to North America!!!
txnfan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #24
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbuny
I am curious who will be the new Head Coach after this year. The only member of the coaching staff I hope they keep is Hoke. I think it is time to go in another direction. Any ideas??
hoke is given the interim coaching job to determine if he needs to be retained.

aside from that all assitants are expendable...coordinators r gone and capers gets the axe at zero eight hundred tommorow.
Old 10-16-2005   #25
mean mark8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I know we all want Capers gone but I am really beginning to consider getting rid of Fangio and letting Capers run the defense all together.

This is my thing: If our QB is getting knocked around, at 0-5 I'm trying to hit the other teams QB from now on whether we get to him by the time he tries to throw or not. Until the Texans start making teams pay for stuff, they will continue to get pushed around. Next year, I am not caring about players that are locker room cancers and have a history of a bad rep. There are entirely too many nice guys on our team.
Fangio is Capers' coach. They do everything the same. Swapping one for the other won't change anything. Pendry is the offensive version of Capers. Capers has what he wants and the players he wants. Look what Capers wants for the Texans.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #26
Gunbuny
Rookie

I have a few hopes for whom they release at the end of the season: I want them to get rid of Buchanan, anybody the Raiders don't want can't possibly be worth having. He commits grand larceny every time he cashes his pay-check!! He has no heart and he does not seem to interact with his team mates much. Joppru has not played one down for this team, it is time so part ways with this guy. I think the 3-4 has outlived its usefulness. It is time to switch to 4-3 we should retain Johnson, Smith, and Walker (Leadership) Put Babin at his natural position: DE go find another DE. I hope they keep Peek, Greenwood, and Orr. The only member of the secondary worth keeping is Robinson.
Old 10-16-2005   #27
Gunbuny
Rookie

I would like to see them keep Carr, A. Johnson, Davis, and Wells. Hollings is another thief. The receiving corps needs to be cleaned out, I am tired of these guys not making teams pay for doubling and tripling Johnson.
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2005   #28
txnfan4eva
Rookie

Quote:
I have a few hopes for whom they release at the end of the season: I want them to get rid of Buchanan, anybody the Raiders don't want can't possibly be worth having. He commits grand larceny every time he cashes his pay-check!! He has no heart and he does not seem to interact with his team mates much.
I can't believe the Texans gave up draft picks for him!! So now all we really have is our first round that IF by some unknown reason Capers and Cass are still here, we will waste that pick on a position we don't need much like they did this last off-season.
txnfan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #29
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull
Default Quick question

By this time do we even try the rest of the season or just go for the #1 draft pick and hope the Lienart lottery can net us some handsome later picks?

The masculine part of me wants to go for the former, but the rational part of me screams for the latter. Isn't it funny how often the masculine parts of ones mind conflicts with the rational?

Anyway, if Dommy isn't gone by tomorrow there will be some very angry people in this city.

As a side note, we could have the best baseball team in the MLB and the worst football team in the NFL.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #30
Gunbuny
Rookie

I thought we had our full complement of picks this up-coming draft? I was hoping that since we have such a head start, we just try to win the Matt Leinart Sweepstakes, trade the pick to some one who needs a QB for their 1st, 3rd rd picks this year, plus their 1st rd pick next year.
Old 10-17-2005   #31
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Contrary to what some of you think I would like to see someone from the outside step in and start cleaning house. I would like Dan Reeves, but I don't think Jimmy is the one. I do not want any of the assistants to take over because it would be just more of the same. Capers is a lame duck and what's worse you can see it in his expressions or lack there of...........
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #32
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt that Casserly would be fired. He'll have to hire the replacement coach.

Besides, it's my opinion that Capers has had a big hand in choosing some of our players in the draft. Trading away all those picks for Babin & Buchanon, & drafting TJ when Jammal Brown(OT), Alex Barron(OT), Chris Spencer(C), Logan Mankins(G), David Baas(C), & several potential impact skill players were still available, had to be initiated by Capers.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #33
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

and dom capers was a defensive minded coach????? i mean, it is one thing to see the offense struggle, but the defense has been flat out embarrasing. our defense just forced the first turnover this season, and all it was was a stupid careless pass right at troy evans, a guy who isnt even a starter. that is freakin pathetic. i can definitely see capers getting fired by tomorrow morning, but i think that casserly will stick around till the end of the season.
Old 10-17-2005   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought we had our full complement of picks this up-coming draft? I was hoping that since we have such a head start, we just try to win the Matt Leinart Sweepstakes, trade the pick to some one who needs a QB for their 1st, 3rd rd picks this year, plus their 1st rd pick next year.
We have a full complement plus an extra 3rd. The picks given up for Buchanon were last year's picks.
Old 10-17-2005   #35
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Maybe it's McNair walking down to Casserly's office and noting - find me a quality coaching staff or you're soon to follow.

Now you know why Palmer didn't put up much of a fight when he jumped ship.....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #36
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Players will be held accountable for their own actions. I want to make it extremely clear that this behavior will never be tolerated again.

-- Minnesota owner Zygi Wilf, to the Twin Cities media Friday.

From http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...b.week6/2.html

Sure wish the Texans coaches/staff would take that kind of leadership and hold their players accountable for their actions (or inaction). I will also add this quote from Wilf and say it should apply to the Texans organization as well:

I am embarrassed. My family is embarrassed. My partners are embarrassed. The NFL is embarrassed. And anyone who respects this franchise is embarrassed. You have my promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure that unacceptable behavior does not occur ever again.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

You would see similar statements from McNair if the Texans were accused of molesting women or performing sexual acts with hookers on rented boats in front of the crewmembers. There are plenty of things to complain about right now without making things up.
Old 10-17-2005   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see Capers yelling, "Go for it. Let's go for it." on fourth down, and then kris Brown gets sent out to kick the field goal (The lone FG we had)?

I felt sorry for Capers. Nobody listened to him. He was wanting to go for it, and the kicking team got sent out. Now THAT is sad. To be the head coach, and to be saying "Go for it. Let's go for it. Go for it" over and over and as you're saying it...the kicking team trots out.

He didn't yank them back and get mad. He just let it happen.

He's the HC and his decision was cancelled out without asking him, or without Capers putting up a fight.

Unbelievable. That was the one scene that stuck in my head all night, and it still remains there today. Unbelievable.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #39
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
You would see similar statements from McNair if the Texans were accused of molesting women or performing sexual acts with hookers on rented boats in front of the crewmembers. There are plenty of things to complain about right now without making things up.
Very true.
Old 10-17-2005   #40
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Did you see Capers yelling, "Go for it. Let's go for it." on fourth down, and then kris Brown gets sent out to kick the field goal (The lone FG we had)?

I felt sorry for Capers. Nobody listened to him. He was wanting to go for it, and the kicking team got sent out. Now THAT is sad. To be the head coach, and to be saying "Go for it. Let's go for it. Go for it" over and over and as you're saying it...the kicking team trots out.

He didn't yank them back and get mad. He just let it happen.

He's the HC and his decision was cancelled out without asking him, or without Capers putting up a fight.

Unbelievable. That was the one scene that stuck in my head all night, and it still remains there today. Unbelievable.

Was this the first field goal or the 2nd one? I can't believe this - well yes I can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read