Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2005   #1
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Dom's press conference tomorrow should be interesting

"When you win the takeaway/giveaway battle you usually win the.... wait"

"When you can get pressure on the QB you usually win the.... wait"

"When you can run the ball 30+ times you usually win the.... wait"

"Well Im out of ideas"
Old 10-16-2005   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
"When you win the takeaway/giveaway battle you usually win the.... wait"

"When you can get pressure on the QB you usually win the.... wait"

"When you can run the ball 30+ times you usually win the.... wait"

"Well Im out of ideas"
How about
"were going to comeback next week and run the ball".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #3
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

"We are gonna make changes and come better prepared next week."

Translation:
"I wonder if we need to switch the T.V. set to the Power Rangers or the Flinstones during the next practice."
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #4
uofmgriz
Rookie

I'd like to thank the Texans Organization for my Performance Bonus and my 5 year contract extention *laughing*
Old 10-16-2005   #5
rdbrem
Rookie

Question by the press: 'Dom, what do you think of your team's exxecution tonight?'

Dom Capers: 'I'm in favor of it'
Old 10-16-2005   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone here ever played madden? Ever franchise I start, Capers retires after the 05 season or the 06 season, and his caption for retiring is always "PLayoffs?!? No one ever told me there were playoffs!"

Meanwhite "NE Coach" always retires saying "I don't have any fingers left for rings!"

How approrpriate
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We ran for 130 yards vs. the Tacks. We finally got some sacks vs. the Seahawks and won the turnover battle. Through it all, we continue to lose. Coming into the Titans game, everyone knew that they throw primarily to TEs and backs, so we somehow let Troupe go off against us (props to Troupe - I thiink he'll be good, but still). This week, you had to imagine that our coaching staff has heard of Shaun Alexander and maybe would make plans to stop him, or at least slow him down. Holding him to 5 yards a carry would have been an improvement, right?

Oh well ..... there were a few positives from tonight's game, I suppose.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2005   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

"What we all have to do is go back and really take a look at our selves in the mirror."
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't miss Seinfeld near as much as I used to. Now I can listen to the Capers show for my weekly show about nothing.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Is it any surprise that our worst off-season yet has been fallowed by this type of season.

We should have taken care of Palmer before the season started, ya know when Norm Chow was available.

Right because you see what a problem Palmers play calling was in Seattle. If it hadn't been for him we'd have never given up 42 points and 459 yards.

We should fire him!

Oh, wait....
Old 10-17-2005   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Y'all make some room for me on the wagon for firing Capers.
Old 10-17-2005   #12
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Between long periods of silence, we might hear this...

Excuses:

We just didn't get it done.

We have to execute.

We have to play better.

We had a few problems.

A few bright spots:

Our team knew which goal was ours.

The uniforms looked pretty

Carr was still breathing after the game was over.

Gaffney can catch a ball.
Old 10-17-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

Capers broken record:

We failed to execute!
Really is this what it's all about. Is this why the team is losing!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #14
playoff year please
Veteran

Well, we got an interception, we had less sacks, we didn't turn the ball over. We are moving in the right direction. We might start punting on first down, so we can really confuse the defense, because they seem to have stolen our playbook. We are having it investigated. They must have stolen every "SINGLE" page of our playbook. Every team knows our plays.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Well, we got an interception, we had less sacks, we didn't turn the ball over. We are moving in the right direction. We might start punting on first down, so we can really confuse the defense, because they seem to have stolen our playbook. We are having it investigated. They must have stolen every "SINGLE" page of our playbook. Every team knows our plays.
Just a funny side note - Peek lost his playbook last year before the season started. It was stolen from his vehicle. So there's no telling who actually does know all our plays, hehe.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #16
HeHateMe
Rookie

Dom is starting to sound like a robot with all the same excuses. Kinda like Robot Tiger woods... The golf course feels great, my game feels great. Rome fans would understand that one.
HeHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read