Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2005   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Explaination please

Well, my first post. Here goes......

My wife and I moved to TX from TN in '03. I decided to make the Texans my team....I figured, "hey, new start and all...".

I was really excited because there is a lot that I really like about the team. Now the team seems to be going backwards. And after a promising start too.

I don't get it. EVERYBODY AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER knew what had to be done in the offseason. And yet here we are. What gives? Why did this happen?

I think Carr has a lot of potential but he won't do squat without protection. And I'm amazed he hasn't "gone off" on the situation yet. I know *I* would not want to keep getting sacked all the time. I would either keep calling running plays or I would take 3 steps back and throw the ball no matter what.

I also wonder if there is a lack of respect from the O-line for Carr.

So anywho....Hello everybody. And here's to some good times ahead.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #2
GoJags16
Rookie

You must be the unlucky guy.
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

HEY EVERYONE.. it's afcmans' fault..... just messin', welcome to the board.

First off - stay a fan of the Texans, I get the feeling if you can make it through this season, you're battle tested as a fan.

To answer your questions - why wasn't anything donw for Mr. McNair's #1 priority... that's the zillion dollar question. I think our FO has noted, "no one was out there" and something about a offense to gel. I think they just wanted more focus on a umm... faster defense.

I get the feeling Carr and McNair will have a one on one discussion soon (w/o media hype) to state the issues and where to go from here.

Lack of respect from the O-line? Doubt it... they have no place to think they're above that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman
Well, my first post. Here goes......

My wife and I moved to TX from TN in '03. I decided to make the Texans my team....I figured, "hey, new start and all...".

I was really excited because there is a lot that I really like about the team. Now the team seems to be going backwards. And after a promising start too.

I don't get it. EVERYBODY AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER knew what had to be done in the offseason. And yet here we are. What gives? Why did this happen?

I think Carr has a lot of potential but he won't do squat without protection. And I'm amazed he hasn't "gone off" on the situation yet. I know *I* would not want to keep getting sacked all the time. I would either keep calling running plays or I would take 3 steps back and throw the ball no matter what.

I also wonder if there is a lack of respect from the O-line for Carr.

So anywho....Hello everybody. And here's to some good times ahead.
Welcome aboard.
Carr's potential has been getting smashed out of him little by little.
Why did we pass on J Peppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
HEY EVERYONE.. it's afcmans' fault..... just messin', welcome to the board.

First off - stay a fan of the Texans, I get the feeling if you can make it through this season, you're battle tested as a fan.

To answer your questions - why wasn't anything donw for Mr. McNair's #1 priority... that's the zillion dollar question. I think our FO has noted, "no one was out there" and something about a offense to gel. I think they just wanted more focus on a umm... faster defense.

I get the feeling Carr and McNair will have a one on one discussion soon (w/o media hype) to state the issues and where to go from here.

Lack of respect from the O-line? Doubt it... they have no place to think they're above that.
I think the coaching staff forgot about the offense in the offseason when they were so worried about making the defense faster and they have forgot about the defense ever since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #6
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Don't worry. I *am* a Texans fan. There is a lot that I like about the organization. But this is something to see.....

Heck when even the Browns and the Cardinals have a better record....you know it's not working.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

Our line problem is due in large part to playing wih veterans who are slow and constantly tinkering with other pieces of it. WE havent had the same 5 guys playing on the line ever...

Get rid of wiegart, get rid of McKinney and draft D Brick in round 1

d brick- pitts-hogdon-wand-wade - this should be our line next year.

let them just play and feel for each other.
thats my hope for next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read