Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-16-2005   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Romanowski on "60 Minutes" tonight, 10/16

The former NFL LB is on to spin his new book and reportedly has pulled no
punches regarding his steroid use in the NFL. Romo can be real entertaining no
matter what one thinks of him personally, and his segment tonight might be worth catching right before we switch to ESPN for the Texans-Seahawks game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I remember about his career really is him spitting in that guy's face a few years ago....I know he was a good player but well for me that's what I remember from him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if he gets off the drugs good for him. He should never have relied on steroids to begin with...it demeans every single thing he did on the field.

As for a book I realized if people do anything these days they write a book about it. From Scott Peterson's sister to the girl that had that killer in Atlanta holed up in her apartment...they all write books!
Old 10-18-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I watched the interview and well for me he seems very weird. He has this real intense stare when he answering questions..he hardly seems to blink and I thought he looked very strange.

He said he took alot of supplements for years..he has a huge box full of pills he takes or took. He also used steroids; he said only for the last few years of his career.

They also told the story of him trying to hurt or actually hurting people. He was in a pile one time and pulled Dave Meggett's finger just to be mean and snapped it.

I dunno. To me he's not right. Elevator doesn't go to the top floor kind of guy.
Old 10-18-2005   #5
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
They also told the story of him trying to hurt or actually hurting people. He was in a pile one time and pulled Dave Meggett's finger just to be mean and snapped it.

I dunno. To me he's not right. Elevator doesn't go to the top floor kind of guy.
I agree, but I'd go a step further. This guy really belongs in jail, IMO. Someday down the road, I have a feeling that we're going to hear about him beating his pool guy half to death or something for using too much chlorine.
Old 10-18-2005   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Numerous shady characters in the NFL over the years ... besides Romanowski, you've got Rae Carruth, Mark Gastineau, Jim Dunaway, OJ, Lawrence Phillips, Barret Robbins, Darrell Russell, etc. ... Long list of NFL thugs. ... Long list of astonishing life stories.
Football players and drugs have never mixed well.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

What's interesting about him though is he is a health nut and that is the only reason he took supplements....they said he worked out every single day for hours and he said he took the steroids just to be able to keep playing.

One thing is for sure though...the guy was absolutely out to hurt people while playing. He admits that and really seemed to enjoy that.

Oh yea. He had tons of concussions that were never reported. So many that doctors say he will have problems for the rest of his life.
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2005   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
One thing is for sure though...the guy was absolutely out to hurt people while playing. He admits that and really seemed to enjoy that.
Agreed. I don't think this guy even the least bit stable to begin with, and then he completely lost it when he was pumping 'roids into his body. Even without them, it seems to me he has a tremendous propensity for violence.
Old 10-18-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

You know unless I completely misunderstood the interview I do believe he said he only took steroids for the last 2 years of his career and that was merely to keep going for another year. So based on that the implication would be that he was just naturally mean and nasty and intent on hurting others...way before the steroids.

Unless he's lying which of course he could be. He seems to be somebody that has brain rot or maybe convenient memory loss.

Well irregardless I don't consider anybody that admittedly tried to hurt other people just for the "fun" of it a great player...that's not somebody I'd be proud to have on my team.

Football is rough and tough and guys get hurt just playing. Certainly you don't need somebody playing across from you that wants to break your finger.

Oh yea. I almost forgot. He was almost giddy talking about a hit he had on Kerry Collins in which he broke his jaw in 2 places. He said that was the "best hit of his life."

He's just mean and rotten. Best thing for the NFL that he's long gone.
Old 10-18-2005   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched the interview and well for me he seems very weird. He has this real intense stare when he answering questions..he hardly seems to blink and I thought he looked very strange.

He said he took alot of supplements for years..he has a huge box full of pills he takes or took. He also used steroids; he said only for the last few years of his career.

He a guy that's not right, who also had something like 20 or so concussions. Even a few years ago, Romo spoke very fluidily and came off as thoughtful. The head injuries are effecting his ability to speak and function normally. In multiple senses, he is not alright.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Well irregardless of concussions anybody that goes on national TV and talks about breaking guys fingers in piles and is proud of cracking a guy's jaw apart is not alright from the get go.....he's just got a mean spirit about him. Maybe there is a reason he's in the place he's in right now; karma being what it is and all.
Old 10-19-2005   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well irregardless of concussions anybody that goes on national TV and talks about breaking guys fingers in piles and is proud of cracking a guy's jaw apart is not alright from the get go.....he's just got a mean spirit about him. Maybe there is a reason he's in the place he's in right now; karma being what it is and all.
There is an excellent arguement to be made concerning "karma" "treat others as you want to be treated" or any other similar concept that can be made for Romo. While you don't want to see other person suffer, he does not engender any feelings of sympathy for what he is going through because of the meanness and lack of forgiveness that you referenced.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I don't wish him sickness or anything bad but to be honest I was a bit shocked when he was almost giddy talking about busting Kerry Collins jaw apart....they showed Collins spitting out blood and you just knew it was a bad thing.

Like I said I think the guy has a mean spirit. His heart is just not right.
Old 10-19-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

In your best Hank Hill voice..."That boy just ain't right"

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read