Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2005   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What could come from the seahawks game

Its hard to say. But IMO the Texans will be better off if they lose this game. Because if they win they might gain some momentum. I know winning is a good thing. But if we start playing better we are still not going to make the playoffs or be a .500 team. If we do win around seven games our draft pick will be about the same it was last year around twelve or thirteen which is just late enough to miss on the elite prospects. Also if we start playing better I dont see McNair firing Capers and the rest of his staff. Which is the most important thing to come from this season.
If we loose then you can pretty much guaruntee that Capers and his staff will be gone at the end of the season. IMO McNair will spend any amount of money to get the right coaching staff in here. Also it gives us a much better chance of having the #1 pick in the draft wich we can trade to get more picks. Which we can use to fix our talent problems. I wouldnt say I'm rooting against the Texans. Im just thinking of all the good things that can come from this game if we do lose. Which is the more probable outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Its hard to say. But IMO the Texans will be better off if they lose this game. Because if they win they might gain some momentum. I know winning is a good thing. But if we start playing better we are still not going to make the playoffs or be a .500 team. If we do win around seven games our draft pick will be about the same it was last year around twelve or thirteen which is just late enough to miss on the elite prospects. Also if we start playing better I dont see McNair firing Capers and the rest of his staff. Which is the most important thing to come from this season.
If we loose then you can pretty much guaruntee that Capers and his staff will be gone at the end of the season. IMO McNair will spend any amount of money to get the right coaching staff in here. Also it gives us a much better chance of having the #1 pick in the draft wich we can trade to get more picks. Which we can use to fix our talent problems. I wouldnt say I'm rooting against the Texans. Im just thinking of all the good things that can come from this game if we do lose. Which is the more probable outcome.
This is what's difficult about not doing anything right now. There is the real danger that the team will perform just well enough for Capers' job to be saved and you go through more years of going nowhere. I think enough has been seen to say its time for him to go and the time is now and I think you have to bring someone in from the outside to accomplish this. Last year was a waste and so far this season has been a waste. We are in the process of building a loosing organization and that's a hard thing to overcome.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I don't know what will come from the Seahawks game of any importance, but as the coach sez .... " you’ve got be a fighter and you’ve got to be determined. You go back to work and we’re determined to improve. That’s exactly what we plan on doing.”

... and then on to Game 6 .....
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #4
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

an 0-5 start and almost guaranteed 0-6 start....
Old 10-15-2005   #5
Crazygomer
Rookie

In today's NFL anything can happen! I think it would be good to get a win and try and turn this thing around. The only team we have to worry about is the colts, I dont' see the Jags or Titans staying strong throughout the season.
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #6
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygomer
In today's NFL anything can happen! I think it would be good to get a win and try and turn this thing around. The only team we have to worry about is the colts, I dont' see the Jags or Titans staying strong throughout the season.
I gotta admit that I feel for you guys right now, because I was really looking foreward to a strong matchup between y'all and us, and I can't believe how bad your FO has screwed you guys, but seriously, how can you seriously say that about the jags? we beat Cinci, went into indy and handed manning almost his worst performance EVER, and hung seattle their only loss thusfar. how can you even remotely count our 2 games against eachother as a team that you don't have to worry about? your team is in NO position to look over any game at this point.
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #7
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
i see some texan fans are still very cocky.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2005   #8
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta, R.
I'm sure that this is not the mindset of the majority
Old 10-15-2005   #9
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Well I think you have to admit that the Jags have been less than impressive. I don't know if they are stil adjusting to the new offense coordinator or what, what the passing game isn't all too impressive. If it wasn't for your D, you guys would have a extra loss or two.
perhaps, but equating that to "a team that the texans don't have to worry about" as crazygomer did is pretty farfetched, wouldn't you agree?
Old 10-16-2005   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only reason for most of us to not be worried about the Jags is because we don't care much about winning anymore anyway. There's no way the majority of us could expect to beat Jacksonville even once right now. We just got stomped by Tennessee, for crying out loud and we've given up 27 sacks in 4 games, while only getting like 4 sacks and NO turnovers. Last year was nice, but it's not gonna happen again for a while.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I think the only reason for most of us to not be worried about the Jags is because we don't care much about winning anymore .
If you are talking about the fans, you are dead wrong!!!!!!!
If you are referring to the team, you might have something there! I still think they have quit on the coaching staff for some reason. I think it's because of the guys they cut from last year, really pissed the team off!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #12
Crazygomer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta, R.
I was not being cocky, I was just saying that if you break it down, the Jags find a way to mess things up every year. Oh, by the way, why is a jags fan on this board???
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was not being cocky, I was just saying that if you break it down, the Jags find a way to mess things up every year. Oh, by the way, why is a jags fan on this board???
You'll find as you post most often, there are plenty of fans from around the NFL that post here. Just because they are from a different team doesn't mean you should discount them.

Jags mess thing up? They are beating teams we can hardly muster up enough dignity to put our shoulder pads on to play against. I'm a Texans fan just like you brother, but come on, we are in no position to point fingers at any other team.

Over the last couple of years I have grown to HATE the jags. I hate them because they always seem to get more spotlight than the Texans, have much higher praise than we do, and we've virtually been neck and neck over the last couple of years.

Except this year....They have pulled ahead of us in growth and development. I now see why the media was giving them so much darn attention and us very little. They are better than us right now. I could care less if we win our two games against them this year because those two games don't add up to squat in the grand scheme of things.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a huge pessissmist all season, but if we can somehow turn around and win 7 or 8 games then why is that a bad thing? Thing about the momentum we would have going into 2007. If we can with 7 or 8 of the next 12 games, that would put us on pace to have a 10-6 or better year the next year around. Our players would "develop" well, they would learn what it felt like to go on a real winning streak etc. Anyone who says we should blow the rest of the season for a #1 draft day choice is out of their minds.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe if we 0-16 the nfl will give the Texans two first round picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the only reason for most of us to not be worried about the Jags is because we don't care much about winning anymore anyway.
Speak for yourself...
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, by the way, why is a jags fan on this board???
The same reason you are here. This is an NFL message board.

Quote:
I think the only reason for most of us to not be worried about the Jags is because we don't care much about winning anymore anyway.
I'll throw in another 'speak for yourself' blast. I want this team to win...and win every game I watch....we just aren't that good right now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I gotta admit that I feel for you guys right now, because I was really looking foreward to a strong matchup between y'all and us, and I can't believe how bad your FO has screwed you guys, but seriously, how can you seriously say that about the jags? we beat Cinci, went into indy and handed manning almost his worst performance EVER, and hung seattle their only loss thusfar. how can you even remotely count our 2 games against eachother as a team that you don't have to worry about? your team is in NO position to look over any game at this point.
You know, I've gotta agree w/ you on this one. I'm optimisitc about the Texans but at the same time I'm worried about the division rivals. A young Titans team w/ Steve McNair as big brother came to town and beat us. Jags are looking pretty good against some good teams even handed an undefeated team it's only loss. Colts?? Man, we already know what Manning and co. can do on offense, but their defense all of a sudden is ubeleivable - not that we've done much against it. But w such improvement we may have to wait another year to finally beat them.

I just hope things can turn around for us. But it's like a system meltdown here these days.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read