Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-04-2004   #21
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
you can't get too fixed on a certain school...otherwise everyone would just be aiming for miami's players
Everyone is/was aiming for Miami's players...they just weren't in a position to be able to draft them. That's an exaggeration but 6 players in the first round this year and 5 last year is a really big number.

Quote:
the only person from UT that i believe could come in and help this team now would wright...johnson is probably the best linebacker in college football ever...very few other linebackers i think could challenge that...but we won't be drafting that high again hopefully...but the 2005 draft is a year away and you never know what injuries could happen during the season so we'll just have to wait and see
Derrick Johnson isn't the best ever LB at Texas much less college football. Until LBs start wearing #11 at Texas instead of #60 as a tradition, he'll be second fiddle to Nobis.

Quote:
dont worry, vince has been practicing on the accuracy all summer
Yeah...if it were only that easy.

Quote:
I hope so because I dont want Mack Brown alternating QBs again...
Won't happen. Mock is a better passer than Young but without Roy Williams to throw to, neither will be effective passing the ball. So you've got to go with the better runner...Young.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #22
TexansCanes
All Pro

young could very well end up as a wr in the pros, and he wouldn't be a bad one, you can't teach 6' 5" 4.3. i'm not saying that he can't make it as a qb but he has to improve in the next few years. as for johnson being by far the best lb is a little to much, before his injury lance mitchell was just as good.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #23
texansfan88
All Pro

that might be a smart idea, only problem...he could come out this year and be a top 3 pick at quarterback...i'll pass on that idea
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
You don't go after Vincent Young. David Carr is the QB they picked to build the team around. Besides, Young has to prove himself as an NFL quality passer before he'll be drafted to play QB...
Just now reading this thread..

I agree Live. There is a very good chance Vince Young will be in the NFL but not as a QB.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #25
TexansCanes
All Pro

for him to be a top 3 pick this year he has to prove he can throw the ball somewhere near his wr. i'm not say he should be a wr, he was only a freshman last year, but i don't care how fast you can run or how far you can throw the ball if you can't hit a man on a 10 yard in, than you can't make it in the nfl. he can't read a college defense then how is he suppose to read a nfl defense, but i wouldn't worry he has mack brown their to teach him eek:
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #26
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

how don't see how ya'll think vince young is a top rated passer...he reminds me too much of our be-loved quincy carter...you know has all the tools but not the ability to make it happen...he's not a good passer...mock is...he's a good college QB but i don't see him making the transition to the pros as a QB...i just don't see it...and if anyone thinks young is the next vick you better take another hard look at vick's college tapes and young's...there is a big difference
Old 09-01-2004   #27
MikeMc
All Pro

And seeing how great QBs that can run but not pass very well has worked out in the NFL...Young would be best served by talking to Michael Vick and seeing how that whole running QB thing is going!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read