Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2005   #81
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
Give me a coach and or GM who has the attitude of van gundy. Never satisfied, and not pumping out excuses for failure.

Tell it how it is, we are the worst team in the NFL and the team needs to get their asses into gear.

van gundy is a refreshing sports personality. he dosent always say pc things and sometimes he comes across as a
cry baby...but he tells you what he genuienly feels minus the cliches.
Old 10-14-2005   #82
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd like to see a new LT, move Pitts to RT (he still has the best feet for the edge on the line)
Yea, we put our best tackle on the left side and 2nd best on the right side, not one of them at LG. But I guess its taken them a season plus to realize that Chester is the best tackle on the team right now and next year if they draft that stud tackle, I hope they don't forget again that Pitts is still one of the 2 best tackles on the team and move him back to guard.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #83
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Out of frustration about any specifics about Wand in Chronical coverage
lately during the OL shakeup, I E-mailed Chron writer M.Manfull to ask her what Wand's current status is. She said, and of course I'm paraphrasing here,
that Wand is still with the team, at practice, etc. but the Texans feel that Wand, while a good run blocker, lacked the athleticism and mobility to handle the speed rushers in pass protection. She did add that he is still young with time to learn.
Anyway, shows how little I know, because I've always been under the impression that Wand's strong suite was pass blocking and not run blocking and also that he was relatively athletic with quick feet.
Well, Pitts has Freeney in 2 weeks to show how it's done against the premier speed rusher in the game. I'm sure glad it's not going to be Riley (and he has superior athleticism???) vs Freeney. I don't know if there is a tackle in the league who can stop him one on one.

Now, to get this thread back to Casserly's interview, he did stress several times that there would be a learning curve for o-line for a while as everybody adjusts to the new positions. That is a pretty clear warning that we fans better be ready for things to get a little worse before they get better.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #84
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
This means when they break down film there are guys open but Carr hasn't gotten them the ball.
Well true, could be, but as we have talked about, at least I have to wonder if the coaches haven't changed Carr's definition of open. The same 14 game streak you have rightly mentioned shows a marked change in what Carr throws to. I would love to know if the change was Carr or the staff because that really affects decisions for the future.
Old 10-14-2005   #85
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The time to change and improve your team is during the off-season.

I'll see what happens Sunday.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #86
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
change and improve
We did one but not the other.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #87
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Mr B. thought so and was tuitoring him before he left. Still think Mr. B didn't become an assistant because he didn't like what was going on.
"Mr. B" didn't become an assistant for a couple hundred grand because he has $20 mil in the bank and thinks that is plenty. Same reason he didn't sue the obviously negligent Jax doc who butchered his shoulder and ended his otherwise hall of fame career. But you keep on with the Oliver Stone surmises.
Old 10-14-2005   #88
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
That is one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard from that man's mouth. He's not on the field becuse no one has played bad enough? How about how GOOD Armstrong is when he's on the field? Jeez...
Agreed-----Agreed----------Agreed
Casserly is just as bad as any politician. always jumping around the issues!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read