Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2005   #21
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know what Ragone would do ? Of course not , could he do worse than Carr has at times of course not . He could complete 3 for 5 and take twenty sacks for a QB rating of 105 .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #22
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care who the backup is . I think the Oline is disgusted with Carr and you could get the teams respect by putting his butt on the bench .

Round Dan
Old 10-14-2005   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Have you ever played a team sport . You don't have to like somebody but you do have to respect them . They act like they have no chance with Carr .

When we got the ball against the Bengals the team did not look like a team that was going to win . FUMBLE ... oh wait its only a field goal 16 -10 a TD and extra point wins ... dump to the middle twice ... clocks ticking ...hail Mary ...forgot to throw dang it .

Round Dan
Old 10-14-2005   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromthaTray
Babin must have gotten hurt in practice after he was benched for his poor play.
Babin was hurt in the Oakland pre-season game, but you can keep on making up your own facts if you want to. Maybe you can start your own web-site--Facts from the Tray land .com
Old 10-14-2005   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares about his confidence?

"....until I can get MY confidence up in THEM (WRs)..."

This is what I'm talking about. It's all about David's confidence and yet we have other guys like Dunta and DD still doing THEIR jobs in spite of poor supporting play by their teammates.

I mean, is there a David Carr satisfaction meter that registers his level of confidence? IMO, you show your true colors when the chips are down.

Look at Elway. He didn't bail on Denver and look how long it took him to win a Super Bowl. Look at Favre. He was a second stringer headed for nowhere in Atlanta and he gets traded and the rest his history. What if he had looked at his current situation in Atlanta and just started having the same attitude that Carr has right now? To me, the guy can be anything he wants to be. It's up to David and not the efforts of others (o line) to define who Carr is or who Carr WILL be.

Honestly, Carr looks like he's given up already. We all torched P-Buch because we thought he didn't care. And yet he's come up in the past two games and has laid some serious smacks down on the ball carrier. He's gaining some consistency, even in the midst of his own ego problem, and Car isn't.

Deal with that one. Kinda' makes you woozy, doesn't it? To think that P-Buch is gaining some consistency and earning some respect back and Carr isn't.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #26
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

This is what I'm talking about. It's all about David's confidence and yet we have other guys like Dunta and DD still doing THEIR jobs in spite of poor supporting play by their teammates.

I mean, is there a David Carr satisfaction meter that registers his level of confidence? IMO, you show your true colors when the chips are down.

Look at Elway. He didn't bail on Denver and look how long it took him to win a Super Bowl. Look at Favre. He was a second stringer headed for nowhere in Atlanta and he gets traded and the rest his history. What if he had looked at his current situation in Atlanta and just started having the same attitude that Carr has right now? To me, the guy can be anything he wants to be. It's up to David and not the efforts of others (o line) to define who Carr is or who Carr WILL be.

Honestly, Carr looks like he's given up already. We all torched P-Buch because we thought he didn't care. And yet he's come up in the past two games and has laid some serious smacks down on the ball carrier. He's gaining some consistency, even in the midst of his own ego problem, and Car isn't.

Deal with that one. Kinda' makes you woozy, doesn't it? To think that P-Buch is gaining some consistency and earning some respect back and Carr isn't.
Elway bailed on the Colts. Do you think he would have signed with the expansion Texans?

NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #27
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I say bench Carr, who cares about his confidence, as far as I'm concerned he has already lost it.

Throw in Ragone and see what he can do. Some say he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers, at least he progressed, something Carr has not done in the last 10 months. I'm not sure Carr, with his confidence would do very well against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't see how Ragone can do any worst than Carr. If you haven't heard Carr is 0 - 4 as a starter this year. WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Maybe Carr should just be man enought and bench himself.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2005   #28
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Could a benching help restore Carr's jilted confidence?

I can only answer that one way ... would sitting in the corner with a dunce cap make you feel special?
I can't imagine how.

Quote:
Babin must have gotten hurt in practice after he was benched for his poor play.
I believe it's the other way around. .. After the hurt (injury) came the benching.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #29
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

You cant compare a QB to a RB and a CB. A QB with bad WR and a bad oline will look terrible. A RB can look great on a bad team. A RB doesnt need a good oline or WR's. For example the past couple of years LT looked amazing yet his team was terrible.

Also when you were a kid playing football or basketball at the local park im sure there was one kid who couldnt catch or shoot. You probably threw the ball to him a couple of times and it probably smacked him in the nose. Did you trust him to catch the ball after that. Would you throw the ball to him if he was wide open or would you throw the ball to your best playmaker. In Carr's case he doesnt have anybody who can catch the ball.

Carr's given up. I cant say Carr has given up when he is the only player on the team who is diving head first in to defenders trying to get first downs instead of running out of bounds.

We all torched pbuch because we thought he didnt care. News flash he didnt care. Remember watching him move out of the way of W Parker. Pbuch has shown major improvement in the past two games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #30
touttail
All Pro

It's happened in the past. A Coach would bench a starter and it would serve as a wake up call to them. Carr has never had any real competetion. The starting QB job was handed to him since day one. Would it really matter if he was benched a game. Not like he's tearing it up right now!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Terry Bradshaw was benched for Joe Gilliam . You play bad you hit the pine .
This is getting alot like the Steve Francis thing . He was making rookie mistakes for 5 years before Van Gundy pin pointed the problem . He does'nt think .

Round Dan
Old 10-16-2005   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Terry Bradshaw was benched for Joe Gilliam . You play bad you hit the pine .
This is getting alot like the Steve Francis thing . He was making rookie mistakes for 5 years before Van Gundy pin pointed the problem . He does'nt think .
Yeah, Bradshaw got benched his rookie year when he had a 38% pass completion rate and 24 INT's. Bradshaw should be an example in patience--he didn't start consistantly completing more than half his passes until his 8th year and had more INT's than TD's until his 6th year.

I don't have a general problem with the idea of benching Carr, but in this circumstance it is wrong IMO. There just isn't any reasonable argument IMO that the OL is not at least 50% of the problem. Bench Carr and you have held one part responsible but not the other and sadly you can't bench the OL unless you want to draft QB's in the 1st 4 rounds next year. Guess we could put the second string OL in and Hollings as QB--he played QB in HS--maybe he could evade the pass rush and get some practice running in.
Old 10-16-2005   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what Capers and Co get for never having any honest competition at the QB spot for 4 years.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #34
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Bradshaw was benched in 74 . For those who are counting.

Round Dan
Old 10-16-2005   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Bradshaw was benched in 74 . For those who are counting.
He was also benched in his rookie season.

Quote:
Bradshaw flopped in his first season, throwing six touchdowns and 24 interceptions and was benched at one point as the team went 5-9.
Link

In '74, Bradshaw had an awe inspiring 45% completion rate
Old 10-16-2005   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bills coach Mike Mularkey has declined to identify his starter, citing the "competitive advantage" of keeping the Jets guessing, but Holcomb has worked with the first unit this week and will get the nod. He will attempt to build on last week's performance, when he helped the Bills snap a three-game losing streak with a 20-14 victory over Miami.

In that game, Holcomb completed 20 of 26 passes for 169 yards, with one touchdown pass, no interceptions and a 106.1 passer efficiency rating. While the 169 yards is a modest total, that's 19 more yards than Losman totaled through the air in his two most recent starts.

The Buffalo offense, although still rated 30th in the league through five games, showed some energy and diversity last week. Holcomb provided a much-needed boost to the passing game and got the wide receivers, especially Eric Moulds, more involved.

Losman, a second-year veteran and the Bills' first-round selection in the 2004 draft, was elevated to the No. 1 job this spring when Buffalo released veteran Drew Bledsoe. The former Tulane standout started the first four games, winning the season opener against Houston, but then losing three straight.

Perhaps in an effort to insulate Losman, the Bills were conservative in the passing game. There were reports that Buffalo veterans were lobbying for a switch to Holcomb, who signed with the Bills as an unrestricted free agent this spring.

The Bills organization still views Losman as its quarterback of the future, and he may regain the starting job before the end of the season. But at 2-3, and trying to stay in the chase in the bunched-up AFC East, the Bills need to string together some victories, and it seems Holcomb offers them the best chance of doing so. The Jets likewise are 2-3 going into Sunday's game, one game behind division-leading New England.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2190049

I know this is apples to oranges comparison.. but if the offense still doesn't have a spark we let someone else try it..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #37
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Please...Carr is the only decent QB we have. Ragone is overrated because he did "all right" in Europe, Banks has managed to stay sober long enough to be a decent #2. Capers would make any QB look like krap since he's a horrible coach. Don't blame the inadequicies of poor QB play on the QB when his coach, GM, and owner don't do **** to protect their QB.

Not sure about overrated.. if Ragone would have come out as a junior he was projected to mid 1st round ..but Ragone stayed and Louisville had a horrible OL in which Ragone didn't do as well..

Lots of people say Drew Henson (if he sayed) at Michigan could have gotten picked by the Texans instead of Carr.. Well Ragones stats were close to his.
Old 10-16-2005   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Lots of people say Drew Henson (if he sayed) at Michigan could have gotten picked by the Texans instead of Carr.. Well Ragones stats were close to his.
What it tells you is more about this QB Class of 02. One of the worst ever.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005   #39
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
What it tells you is more about this QB Class of 02. One of the worst ever.
very true.
Old 10-16-2005   #40
Wolf
100% Texan

What I wonder is what is going on with the Texans staff. Watching parts of the Cowboys game, Eli is calling plays and directing traffic.. We never see that here.. I guess the problem is a trust issue between Qb and OL and coaching staff.. Where oh where did we go wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read