Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2005   #1
stephen1
Veteran

Default Most Underrated Player

For me it is without a doubt Torry Holt. Just cause he doesnt talk a big game, doesnt mean hes not having one. He's leading the league in yards and third in touchdowns. All of that without being a thug. Why cant all other receivers take a page from his book?

Who are your underated players?
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #2
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
For me it is without a doubt Torry Holt. Just cause he doesnt talk a big game, doesnt mean hes not having one. He's leading the league in yards and third in touchdowns. All of that without being a thug. Why cant all other receivers take a page from his book?

Who are your underated players?
Actually, he referrs to himself as big game. I think that counts.

But really, I think it's Andra Davis from the cleveland browns. There isn't a more underrated leader in the NFL, and he's one hell of a LB.
Old 10-12-2005   #3
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Actually, he referrs to himself as big game. I think that counts.

But really, I think it's Andra Davis from the cleveland browns. There isn't a more underrated leader in the NFL, and he's one hell of a LB.
He doesnt taunt like T.O. or Moss. He doesnt give up on his team either.
Old 10-12-2005   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense - larry Johnson
Defense - Drob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #5
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Steve Smith - O
Bertrand Berry - D
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Donnie Edwards
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
He doesnt taunt like T.O. or Moss. He doesnt give up on his team either.
TO never gave up on his team.

I just have a problem with someone calling themselves "big game" it's rather pathetic.
Old 10-13-2005   #8
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Offense: J. Chatman(N.O.) or T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Defense: Dunta Rob.

J. Chatman gave LT some good breathers last year and gained an average to 8-10 YPC. Housh gained 134 Rec. Yards against the Pats last year, thats says enough.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #9
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Troy Palamalou - has a huge impact on a game, poor mans ray lewis.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

KGB, Dan Morgan, Keith Bulluck, Dre Bly, Adalius Thomas, Rod Coleman, Aaron Smith, Shaun Rogers, Jamal Williams, Deltha O'Neal, Patrick Kerney, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson*, Toniu Fonoti, Jon Jansen, Mack Strong*, Alan Ricard, Corey Chavous, Olin Kreutz, Matt Birk, William Henderson, Chad Clifton (despite what happened between him and Sapp), Tony Richardson, Steve Smith, Darrell Jackson*, Jimmy Smith (perhaps the least heralded future HOF WR ever), Keenan McCardell (San Diego is the first team in years that seems to appreciate his skills), Reggie Swinton (had to get that jab in)

*For those Seattle fans around the boards this week.

My hat goes off to all the forgotten FB's. There seem to have been a number of great blockers out there that get almost no recognition. I mentioned some of them, but there are quite a few.
Old 10-14-2005   #11
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I don't think guys like Torry Holt or Troy Palamalou should be considered 'underrated' if you are going to list some guys who are under the radar or not apprieciated....many people consider them the best at their positions.
Holt is never mentioned in the same breath as the top 5 receivers. He doesnt get attention like the other receivers do.
Old 10-14-2005   #12
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
KGB, Dan Morgan, Keith Bulluck, Dre Bly, Adalius Thomas, Rod Coleman, Aaron Smith, Shaun Rogers, Jamal Williams, Deltha O'Neal, Patrick Kerney, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson*, Toniu Fonoti, Jon Jansen, Mack Strong*, Alan Ricard, Corey Chavous, Olin Kreutz, Matt Birk, William Henderson, Chad Clifton (despite what happened between him and Sapp), Tony Richardson, Steve Smith, Darrell Jackson*, Jimmy Smith (perhaps the least heralded future HOF WR ever), Keenan McCardell (San Diego is the first team in years that seems to appreciate his skills), Reggie Swinton (had to get that jab in)

My hat goes off to all the forgotten FB's. There seem to have been a number of great blockers out there that get almost no recognition. I mentioned some of them, but there are quite a few.
Great list besides Kreutz, I think he and Kevin Mawae may be two of the most overrated players in the league. They're kindof the mandatory pro bowl vote getters because they were really good one year.

But like I said, great list.
Old 10-14-2005   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre

IMO most offensive linemen are underrated (except for the Texans). But I cant say Alan Faneca is underated IMO he is the #1 ranked Guard in the league. Also I dont think Mack Strong and Tony Richardson are underrated. The FB position in general is underrated. But they are considered to be the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read