Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So we're on ESPN,let the bashing begin

gbank54

Practice Squad
It's 4 days until kickoff and my fear of watching the game on sunday is geting even bigger. I have sat peacefully and watched as anouncer after anouncer only picks the bad things about our ASTROS knowing that when we win we prove EVERYONE wrong. Unfortunatley, i don't know how much bashing i can take on sunday about our TEXANS. I have prepared myself for many names including terrible, horrible, ugly, and even an occasional dissapointing, but i know the ESPN announcers will go out of their way to say how bad we truly are. Is it even worth watching the embarrasment?

Is it even worth watching the embarrasment?

Yeah, we watch because it's our team, regardless of how bad we are treated in the national media. But these times just make success all that much sweeter, because we know in our hearts that we were there during the bad times.

When the team suffers, I choose to suffer with them. It's the difference between "hardcore" fan and "fairweather" fan, IMO.

I truly believe that winning times will [eventually] come our way. Until then...be patient, relax, and try not to let your emotions get too deep. :rolleyes:

I tell you. It's bad when your local radio stations are trying to be supportive. But I'll watch my team on Sunday - while flipping back and forth for the Astros. Hopefully some good comes out of the changes made today for Sunday.

The Sunday and Monday night games have been great this season. I hope we make it a good one.

Go Texans, and go Astros!!!!

Double Barrel said:
Yeah, we watch because it's our team, regardless of how bad we are treated in the national media. But these times just make success all that much sweeter, because we know in our hearts that we were there during the bad times.

When the team suffers, I choose to suffer with them. It's the difference between "hardcore" fan and "fairweather" fan, IMO.

I truly believe that winning times will [eventually] come our way. Until then...be patient, relax, and try not to let your emotions get too deep. :rolleyes:

That's right.

Try wearing a Carr Jersey walking down the streets of Boston, MA (where I am based due to work at the time). It would be real easy to jump on the bandwagon living here, especially the last year (redsox and pats). Instead Ill stay true to my hometown team win or lose. Dont get me wrong, something will need to change if we cant put a few W's on the schedule. Go Texans

Man, I'm really dreading those creepy letters and harassing phone calls I'll be getting from other NFL fans because I'm a Houston Texans fan... oh yeah, it's an option to be a fan.

The Texans are at their all-time low, having been beaten by the Titans to go 0-4 and giving up 27 sacks in four games, after almost going .500 last year when they should have. Now, they play Seattle on national TV Sunday night. Nobody has any hope (well, almost nobody). Certainly, nobody EXPECTS them to win, including the players (and probably the HC). There's fear of embarrassment all around. THE STAGE IS SET.

Texans: 35
Seahawks: 10

:tv:

:texans:

(Collective sigh of relief.)

An ESPN game means us Australians can finally watch a Texans game, looking forward to a win to tell the truth....

Win, lose or draw I'll still watch and enjoy it. Despite the hammering it may involve it'll be great to see the boys get a game on TV that all and sundry can watch. Who cares if we lose, at least it's televised and maybe that can help them get motivated...

bruski said:
An ESPN game means us Australians can finally watch a Texans game, looking forward to a win to tell the truth....

Its nice to see support for the Texans around the globe. I'm just curious, what made you a Texans fan in the first place?? Are the Texans big in Australia?

HardKnockTexan said:
Its nice to see support for the Texans around the globe. I'm just curious, what made you a Texans fan in the first place?? Are the Texans big in Australia?

I was surfing around for some fitness/training info for my off season training and come across the Texans site, liked the logo sussed it all out and decided to follow the team and learn a little about Gridiron as we call it. On top of that Texans are similar to Australians in many ways as we like to BBQ and drink and enjoy a good time......

That is pretty much it for me....This will be the first Texan game that i have seen :texflag:

I look forward to every game. I don't care who the Texans are playing, I don't care what their chances are. Every game is a chance to win, a chance to improve.

I hate when the announcer says, "They can't be happy, they're going up against one of the league's best!" Why would they be unhappy at that? Who wouldn't want a chance to beat the league's best?

If they lose, Sunday, sure, I'll be upset. But if they win, it's all the sweeter, because I HATE SEATTLE!

I'm up in Kansas, and due to the priority check the other teams get, i am with Bruski in saying that this will be the first game I get to see as well. Glad I finally got cable!

Well, i did catch the historic inaugural game against the Cowboys - but that was at my father-in-law's house (Cowboys fan).

Go Texans! Go 'Stros!

There is hope!!!!!!!
We do good on ESPN nationally televised games. Maybe the team doesn't want the nation to see how embarrassing they are. Maybe, just maybe, they will raise their heads and finally win one for the Gipper!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Back