Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2005   #41
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
This is SOOOOO FEMA-like it's not even funny. How about have Dom Capers worry about football instead of the flippin' roof? Instead of just worrying about gameplan and whipping a good football team this *****ic regime is caught up in the weather and how they want to try to win the humidity battle. Putting the roof into the coaching decision was preposterous from the get-go. Get your team ready to play and just go out and whip them.....forget about the friggin' !@#$#! roof.
Defending Capers about anything is not something I want to get into, but the strategy of a team taking advantage of its climate when playing an opponent from a different region of the country is pretty commonplace. Thing is with the Texans these days, nothing seems to work: they close the roof against Tennessee thereby neutralizing the weather, but the results are still the same.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #42
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Why are we talking about the roof? It not only affects the players, but the "fans" as well. It took all 60k right out of it, me included....
Old 10-12-2005   #43
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
This is SOOOOO FEMA-like it's not even funny. How about have Dom Capers worry about football instead of the flippin' roof? Instead of just worrying about gameplan and whipping a good football team this *****ic regime is caught up in the weather and how they want to try to win the humidity battle. Putting the roof into the coaching decision was preposterous from the get-go. Get your team ready to play and just go out and whip them.....forget about the friggin' !@#$#! roof.

Take a deep breath Vinny... I've never seen you this worked up before...
Old 10-12-2005   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"There is a simple answer if you are that upset by the texans performances dont watch them on sunday...." -- outofhnd

-----------------------------

Uh......I think that's probably happening at an alarming rate, don't you think?

Honestly, the only reason I keep watching is just to see how much more comical it can get. Anybody thinking there is a BIG TURNAROUND coming, and that's why they still watch on Sundays...get to an emergency room quick.

Just look at it the way I look at it: It'll continue to be a circus, and every Sunday it continues to look like a circus is just another day we get closer to firing some coaching or management or both...and the quicker we get to a new system and a new philosophy.

Until that happens, any "wins" we get are just a delay in the healing process if you ask me. If it does your heart good to see us win a couple games, then so be it. But for me, I'm looking forward to a new system and new coaches etc. to give us something to hope for.

Because we've had almost four years to place our hope in this current system, and we get inconsistent performance every year.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #45
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
He isnt going to resign and I think that it is unrealistic to assume he would. The Panters started 0-7 last year and most of the teams in the NFL have started 0-4 at one time or another. I think the fan base is starting to get really ridiculous now.

Vinny, let me ask you this.

Do you not agree that we very badly outcoached Sunday? The game was still tight at the half. The Titans coaches made some adjustments and they came out in the second half flinging the ball everywhere, kicking our butt. They saw or found something and went at it. I don't feel our coaches have the mentality or whatever to see something to adjust to. If they do then, we don't have the players to perform it.

Per say, look at the Cincy game. We came out with a couple of roll out passes for some good yargage in the first possession. Did we stay with it? Nope!

Look at the Titan game, we had McNair under pressure several times, and he would dump it off to one of his tight ends for good yardage. We don't seem to know what a tight end is for except to try to block.

Our coaches have their head stuck in the mud with aa few offensive plays and that's it. Maybe too many for Carr's wristband, I don't know! But we are outcoached every single game.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #46
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

We have been out-coached every game....
Old 10-12-2005   #47
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

The Panthers were actually 1-7 but meh.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read