Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why doesn't he resign?

Don't you think Capers is becoming embarassed? I mean, if he ever wants to work in this league again, he better hurry up and resign. Every week he puts this joke he calls coaching out for a live audience he loses more and more credibility. If your approval rating is single digits, its time to reign buddy. Save face and leave town blaming someone else. Please do it for us!
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Don't you think Capers is becoming embarassed? I mean, if he ever wants to work in this league again, he better hurry up and resign. Every week he puts this joke he calls coaching out for a live audience he loses more and more credibility. If your approval rating is single digits, its time to reign buddy. Save face and leave town blaming someone else. Please do it for us!
He's probably been told to lay low and try to survive. Probably McNair and Company still don't understand how disgruntled and mad the fans are nor do they really understand the total ineptness of this staff. As some of have said its as much about the loss of respect of the team as it is technique. Nobody believes in the system anymore. You simply can't fix that, but he can't admit it, just as he nevers ever points to himself in the interviews.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He isnt going to resign and I think that it is unrealistic to assume he would. The Panters started 0-7 last year and most of the teams in the NFL have started 0-4 at one time or another. I think the fan base is starting to get really ridiculous now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #4
outofhnd
All Pro

lol like you can do any better.....

He can't control execution on gameday.....

Our line is aging and out of shape niether tackle appears to be able to last 60 minutes.the guards look off blitzers as if someone else is goin to pick em up and the center is solw getting up and into the defender after the snap.
Old 10-11-2005   #5
outofhnd
All Pro

AMEN Vinny!

There is a simple answer if you are that upset by the texans performances dont watch them on sunday....
Old 10-11-2005   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course I couldn't do better. im also not being paid to be a coach, nor do I have the training or the experience. I also don't recall saying I could do any better. If I see a movie in which the lead actor sucks, I don't think to myself "wow he shouldn't act because I could do better" Anyways, maybe 0-4 isnt bad enough to warrant a resignation, but the panthers were playing hard and getting every player injured. Their 0-7 start was not from lack of talent/coaching/motivation like ours is. Its also not just this year, but everything from the browns game up until now. 5 regular season and 4 preseason disasters
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Insert any 0-fer team ever to start a season then...just is not gonna happen people. Capers will play this out till he gets canned. If we don't start winning it will be later in this season...if we do start to win here and there I think McNair will let him play out the year then replace him at the end of the season.

Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2005   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

Of course one statisitic we have not measured is Capers Butt Kissing ability. Who knows with a little lip movement and ample suction he might stick around
Old 10-11-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Of course one statisitic we have not measured is Capers Butt Kissing ability. Who knows with a little lip movement and ample suction he might stick around
Our Football operations resembles FEMA. They can't make a simple decisions such as keeping the roof closed in oppressive heat and they close it on beautiful days as an overreaction....they didn't think about it...they just reacted....much like FEMA would. Heck, our entire offense never watched film together before a few weeks ago. What a clusterblank this is! The FEMA Texans

Old 10-11-2005   #10
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Our Football operations resembles FEMA. They can't make a simple decisions such as keeping the roof closed in oppressive heat and they close it on beautiful days as an overreaction....they didn't think about it...they just reacted....much like FEMA would. Heck, our entire offense never watched film together before a few weeks ago. What a clusterblank this is! The FEMA Texans
No, that's a result of a very competent football staff headed by Capers. Has something to do with minute detail. Each person on the team is an independent entity unrelated to any other component on the team. Now if they would only execute..................... Oh, I forgot the word together.........
Old 10-11-2005   #11
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Actually, Vinny, now that you know this is the case and knowing what you know about football, how could you continue to support this staff in anyway whatsoever? You seem to call them incompetents on one hand, but defend them on the other hand. What a waste this year is going to be and that's the worst part of this whole fiasco.......
Old 10-11-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Actually, Vinny, now that you know this is the case and knowing what you know about football, how could you continue to support this staff in anyway whatsoever? You seem to call them incompetents on one hand, but defend them on the other hand. What a waste this year is going to be and that's the worst part of this whole fiasco.......
I'm not like you Ibar...I watch football because I enjoy the game...I understand that things don't work out sometimes and that Dom Capers is a good man. He just may not be the right guy here....I don't enjoy seeing a decent man struggle and get put down like this....but I will continue to support this team as we make our changes.

Old 10-11-2005   #13
outofhnd
All Pro

The only thing that would make me a proponent of the fire capers movement would be the guarantee that we move to a 4-3 defense. I dislike the 3-4 its to en vogue now so teams game plan around it. the heck with a blitz scheme just bring the house.
Old 10-11-2005   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not like you Ibar...I watch football because I enjoy the game...I understand that things don't work out sometimes and that Dom Capers is a good man. He just may not be the right guy here....I don't enjoy seeing a decent man struggle and get put down like this....but I will continue to support this team as we make our changes.
Vinny, I understand your point and I would say as many that Capers is a very decent man. However, this has been going on now for two years and this impacts more than just Caper's LIFE. It has had a tremendous impact on the lives of CARR, AJ, DD, BUCHANNON and you could name many more including McNair. This is bigger than the life of one person. He's being put down by a lot of people, because he simply does not recognize it's time to move on. He can't win the battle, but he has been blaming everyone but himself for a long time. He certainly didn't mind firing Palmer. Some think Palmer got a bad break. The hand writing has been on the wall for a long time. His staying is not prolonging his own career, rather he's hurting any future opportunities he might have. He has become the laughing stock of the NFL.
Old 10-11-2005   #15
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Good Man

Quote:
He isnt going to resign and I think that it is unrealistic to assume he would. The Panters started 0-7 last year and most of the teams in the NFL have started 0-4 at one time or another. I think the fan base is starting to get really ridiculous now.
The Panthers were coming off a Super Bowl year and were decimated by injuries. IMO, the point is that-though the Texans have never won-they at least had a few games where they resembled an NFL team. That is not true now. Also, there is a big difference between Fox and Capers in terms of player motivation and getting the most out of your players.

The Texans are suffering a 'major' fan lash that they fueled by their promise of a 5 yr plan--"...just hang in there and give us time." Most fans bought into this thinking and now they see it all crumbling on the field and-more than ever-these fans know this is not a quick fix. For the fans to rebound back -and they would in a heart beat-all the Texans have to do is win. The fans feel betrayed and that is not something to 'blow off'--sooner or later , the Texans are going to have to deal with getting the fans back...

And,finally, you are absolutely right.Capers will not resign because he does not believe he has done anything wrong. Sure, he's a good man but there are many things that come with his job, including criticism. And, actually, Capers has a big advantage over other managers in other fields--most don't get 3 plus yrs before they're shown the door.

Last edited by tsip; 10-11-2005 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #16
outofhnd
All Pro

I think the Palmer firing was an ultimatem after repeated meetings between casserly capers and palmer about the o line play.
Old 10-11-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

All I can say is I will sit by the tube and watch the game on Sunday night as this season continues to shift, redefine and push it's way to new leadership one loss at a time....you should sit back and watch your main man on National TV...it will be the last time we are there for a while...I'm going to do what us beat-down fans do when tired late at night....gonna go to sleep.

...say goodnight Gracie.

Old 10-11-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Also, there is a big difference between Fox and Capers in terms of player motivation and getting the most out of your players.
Im not comparing Capers to Fox or anyone...just mentioned that every team in the league has started off winless at one time or another.

Time for some sleep for me. laterz

Old 10-11-2005   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
All I can say is I will sit by the tube and watch the game on Sunday night as this season continues to shift, redefine and push it's way to new leadership one loss at a time....you should sit back and watch your main man on National TV...it will be the last time we are there for a while...I'm going to do what us beat-down fans do when tired late at night....gonna go to sleep.

...say goodnight Gracie.

Don't forget to put out your Cigar......
Old 10-12-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers quitting wouldn't help either side. It would show the rest of the league he is a quitter and that he can't handle it when the going gets tough, thus making it harder than it already will be to find employment again in the NFL. If he quits on us now, in the middle of the season, what do you think that would do to a team that already lacks fire and confidence, to have their "leader" quit on them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read