Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2005   #1
Keldar
Veteran

Default Can Coleman Play Corner?

Can he move back to corner? Has he lost a step?

I can't see how he could do any worse than Faggins or Puke-Cannon. His play at safety has not been so fantastic that we could not put someone else there.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

no leave coleman where he is at FS...no sense in moving him back to corner
Old 10-12-2005   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

But if we did we could start glenn earl. That would give us a pair of young HARD HITTING safetys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTexans
The reason we moved Coleman to safety in the first place is because he has lost a step or two. A lot of people maybe remember him getting burnt deep by McWhiteboy Drew Bennett. Once someone is a safety in the NFL, its rarely a good idea to switch them to corner.
Coleman was not moved because he lost a step. Coleman was moved because we are in a division that had at the time co-MVP's McNair and Manning and young up and comer Leftwich, i.e. pass happy and because Coleman is a gambler. The year before as CB he had picked off 7 passes but had also been burned several times. Playing safety over the top of Glenn and Dunta was supposed to put him in position to make those gambles such as in the KC game last year.
Old 10-12-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Coleman is a little big for a corner also and he is getting older. FS looks more like his natural postion to me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #6
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'd still like to see an upgrade at FS. I dont think he can move back to CB however not sure he can do any worse than the two I've seen over there either.

What does his contract look like?
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
What does his contract look like?
His contract is modest per year, but only if he plays at least two years of it. He received a three year $9.3 mil contract, but $5 mil of it came in signing bonus. Next year it would be about even to cut him--this year it would cost cap money to do so.
Old 10-12-2005   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure that he played S in college and got moved to CB by the Jets.
Old 10-12-2005   #9
SESupergenius

Coleman is a good fit at FS, just like Woodson was at the tail end of his career. What we do need is another Dunta because we lost players like Glenn, Wright and McCree. We didn't upgrade our Secondary, we hindered it.
Old 10-12-2005   #10
buzztexan
waterboy

at the game on sunday, watching him in the end zone from the bullpen, me and about 5 other fans noticed coleman's non chalant attitude and lack of intensity. c'mon they were on the 2 yard line and marcus was casually walking across the back of the end zone when the ball was snapped that resulted in a td. his attitude was more of a government worker counter clerk than an nfl player who cared about his job. Dunta Robinson has every right to be upset with play and intensity of the other dbacks.
buzztexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he could play in a pinch.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read