Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans on front page of ESPN NFL section

Interesting comment from Carr:

"We're going to get it turned around," Carr said. "People in this locker room still realize that we went 4-2 in our division last year. Don't give up on us just yet."

Houston was in the Orlando Pace sweepstakes this past offseason. Ask the Texans, and they say they never had a chance at acquiring the left tackle from the Rams. Ask Pace's people and they'll tell you Pace should be a Texan.

:hmmm:

“ My statement's been that I expect us to have our best team. And I still expect us to have our best team. ”
—Coach Dom Capers

When? It seems everytime you come on T.V. that it's a repeat of day one saying, "It will take some time." Unfortunately for you, your time is creeping up on you at an accelerated pace, and your the driver.

Houston was in the Orlando Pace sweepstakes this past offseason. Ask the Texans, and they say they never had a chance at acquiring the left tackle from the Rams. Ask Pace's people and they'll tell you Pace should be a Texan.

And aren't we $8 million under the cap?! :um:

O-linemen should have been THE priority in the off-season.

"With the experience we have," he [Carr] said, "even though it hasn't been great so far, but with Joe [Pendry, offensive coordinator as of Week 3] coming in and putting in the stuff he has, it's the Astros waiting to happen. We have a nice little plan. We've won at least one game before this time in the last three years and we haven't been this optimistic."

I think the sacks are starting to affect his judgement. Seriously, poor dude is hallucinating that the team has a "nice little plan" that will turn it all around.

There are some really depressing stats in that article, though....

none of Houston's 40 possessions have started in the opponent's territory

Opponents, on the other hand, have started eight drives in Houston territory and scored on seven of them

Carr is on pace to be sacked a whopping 108 times

Houston hasn't forced a turnover

Houston averages just over 89 yards passing, a league worst, and has allowed 27 sacks, most in the league.

aye yi yi! :crying:

Double Barrel said:
And aren't we $8 million under the cap?!
As I recall, the sticking point in that deal was not greebacks or cap, it was
Draft picks. We were willing to give them one years first round pick, but I think the Rams wanted two years first rounders. Thank God Cass didn't pull
the trigger on that deal !

Thanks for the info, nunusguy. :thumbup

I'd never heard the details on the deal. I agree with you, that's way too much to give up. I thought it was just about the money.

This is a load of *****.

I remember listening to 610 during the summer and they had the beat writer that covers the Rams and he said that the speculation going around among those in the know was that Pace as using us to get more money out of St Louis. The beat writer went on to say that Pace had bought a house there and wasn't going to leave St Louis but was just using us to get more money. Now tell, haven't we heard of this scenario in some other sport that happened to another Houston team*cough*Carlos Beltran*cough*????

The jokes keep coming - from the article:

players love that the offense has stopped reviewing film in small groups by position and now does so as a unit. (No wonder, then, why the offense couldn't get on the same page -- they were being coached in different rooms.)

ESPN loves seeing the Texans down. This is the story they couldn't wait to write. I am not saying the Texans are bad , because of a sportswriter, but ESPN loves the Texan's demise. Maybe it has to do with LA not getting a team, and Houston getting a team. Who knows. Things will get better. Football runs in cycles. I wonder if there is an article that shows the effort used to aquuire a topnotch LT for Carr? They seem to be on an endless search for a competant LT.

I don't think I buy that. It's not that they "love" to see the Texans down...it's just an easy story to write. They're surprised when Houston wins, and the lazy way out is just to write a story validating what you already believe. It's like writing an article on the Raiders and penalties, or Philly fans and criminal behavior at their games. The REAL story is that those images aren't unique in the league, but who wants to do all that research?

The guys on "NFL Live" pretty much repeat the same phrase over and over as to why: O-line, O-line, O-line. If Trey Wingo ever stops pointing out that the Texans moved Joe Pendry to OC even though Houston gives up more sacks than anybody else, he'll literally have no idea what to say next.

ESPN's "real" NFL show (Berman and Jackson) used to praise Capers regularly during the last couple of years, and always noted the progress the team was making.

What's ironic is that some nitwit writer will come in next year and praise the new coach for "better focusing" the film sessions by breaking them out into position groups, rather than making them all watch film together. They'll call it a more "detail-oriented" approach, or some similar drivel. Talk about cycles!

Back