Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My 3 Choices

These are the coaches I would like to see replace Capers and why.

Jeff Fisher - His team always plays for him and he is a great players' coach. Has been to the Super Bowl.

Herm Edwards - plain and simple, he plays to win the game and he turned a Jets team into a playoff team.

Brian Billick - Won the Superbowl with not so good talent at QB and great talent on Defense. The other thing I like about him came just this past week. His team lost to the Lions and he put the blame on himself. He didn't beat around the bush and give all these crappy answers. He basically said he was accountable.
El Tejano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #2
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
These are the coaches I would like to see replace Capers and why.

Jeff Fisher - His team always plays for him and he is a great players' coach. Has been to the Super Bowl.

Herm Edwards - plain and simple, he plays to win the game and he turned a Jets team into a playoff team.

Brian Billick - Won the Superbowl with not so good talent at QB and great talent on Defense. The other thing I like about him came just this past week. His team lost to the Lions and he put the blame on himself. He didn't beat around the bush and give all these crappy answers. He basically said he was accountable.
They all sound good to me. I dont see JJeff Fisher leaving Tenn anytime soon though. Edwards is probablly safe for atleast 1 more season aswell. Billick would be awsome. His name is constantly being brought up for being on the hot seat... so if he's available then I hope McNair can coax him into leading our team to our first superbowl!
Old 10-13-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Brian Billick was considered an offensive genius before the Ravens. The problem now is that he don't have the talent out there like he used to.
Old 10-13-2005   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Herm Edwards may be able to make magic in houston but I dont see him coming here for some odd reason.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I'm just saying I don't want some Joe Schmo that has never head coached before.
Old 10-13-2005   #6
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Brian Billick is one of the very few coaches id want less than capers. Billick is a self proclaimed "offensive genius" who rode warren moon/ chris carter/ randall cunningham/ randy moss' coattails to get his head coaching gig.

His superbowl win was less his doing, and more a combination of defensive genius Marvin Lewis coupled with weak competetion. (the titans were good that year, but there was no one close to todays pats, eagles, and colts)

He seems to be more set in his ways than capers.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
so if he's available then I hope McNair can coax him into leading our team to our first superbowl!
I dunno....before he does that, doesn't he have to figure how to get us out of the AFC South sellar ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2005   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno....before he does that, doesn't he have to figure how to get us out of the AFC South sellar ?
nahhhh... Lets just jump from worst to first...
Old 10-13-2005   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
Brian Billick is one of the very few coaches id want less than capers. Billick is a self proclaimed "offensive genius" who rode warren moon/ chris carter/ randall cunningham/ randy moss' coattails to get his head coaching gig.

His superbowl win was less his doing, and more a combination of defensive genius Marvin Lewis coupled with weak competetion. (the titans were good that year, but there was no one close to todays pats, eagles, and colts)

He seems to be more set in his ways than capers.
I posted this in another thread about Billick...Lewis was the DC from 96-01, Billick got there in 99...from Billick's profile...the 2000 Ravens' defense set the NFL's 16-game standard for fewest points (165). Prior to Billick's arrival in Baltimore in 1999, the Ravens' defense had been ranked no higher than 22nd in the league over the team's 1st 3 seasons. In each of Coach Billick's 1st 3 years as the Ravens' head coach, Baltimore's defense ranked 2nd in the league. In 2003 and 2004, the defense finished 3rd and 6th-best in the NFL, respectively.)
Old 10-13-2005   #10
wrestler4life
Veteran

I don't like Billick. He has always seemed like an *******, especially when he got caught on camera after beating the titans and said "F you"
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Yeah but that team won the Super Bowl that year and with an owner like Art Modell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read