Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-23-2004   #21
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Seriously, are you guys saying that ESPN 2K5 is gonna be better than MADDEN 2005? Have yall seen the graphics for Madden? Now honestly, the only people that have said it was good where the "sega fanatics". So honestly is it THAT good? I have an open mind and ill probably buy it but i really want to know how good it is. And the main reason i didnt like the old NFL 2K series was because of the graphics and the way every player seemed SO tall and skinny. Has that changed to be more proportionate?
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #22
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What difficulty do you have it on? All-Pro is the best one. Pro to learn on. There is no way any RB should be going through 2 players. I believe thats one of the things they worked on at Sega.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #23
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
And the main reason i didnt like the old NFL 2K series was because of the graphics and the way every player seemed SO tall and skinny. Has that changed to be more proportionate?
And you think Madden's short stubby players look more correct? Give me a break. NCAA is the only EA game I would buy, just because its College.

If madden is your game, then madden is your game. But just dont come insult us by saying we dont know what we are talking about just because we like Sega over EA.
Old 07-23-2004   #24
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
And you think Madden's short stubby players look more correct? Give me a break. NCAA is the only EA game I would buy, just because its College.

If madden is your game, then madden is your game. But just dont come insult us by saying we dont know what we are talking about just because we like Sega over EA.
WTF are you babbling about? Did you read the rest?
"So honestly is it THAT good? I have an open mind and ill probably buy it but i really want to know how good it is." That was my statement before the part you quoted! I was asking to get a better feel for what was different about it. And Where is there an insult? If me questioning the game was enough to hurt your feelings, then i dont know how you make it in the world. SO how bout you actually answer the question now?
Old 07-23-2004   #25
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
Has that changed to be more proportionate?
It depends on what you think is proportionate. Everyone see's it different.
Old 07-23-2004   #26
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

OK so is it fun? is the gameplay realistic? OOH, is there cpu initiated trades? how do the players look on the field? I just kinda want an unbiased opinion. Cuz i actually want to buy it. BUT, im still gonna buy Madden 2005.
Old 07-23-2004   #27
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

So V, whats the deal with the looks and graphics? How do the players look? and are there CPU initiated trades?
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2004   #28
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Sorry, i just think that the whole cpu trades are bad@$$! Does it have them on Franchise mode?
Old 07-23-2004   #29
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Madden 2005 comes out on August 8th. And V(you sound like you know alot about ESPN2K5) so can you edit a players position and ratings? Cuz i heard theyre FUBAR. And can you tell me how they have Dunta and Babin rated? And how is Domanicks ratings?
Old 07-23-2004   #30
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to get the hang of the game. My passing is much improved. I like the fact that the Texans have a Flea-Flicker in their playbook (first modern video game i've seen with that play). 2K5 is real, and I mean real, football. All-Pro is tough I won my first two games today on that level upping my VIP record to 2-10.
Old 07-23-2004   #31
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Yep...I've been a HUGE Madden fan thus far and I was compeletely hyped yet very skeptical about this year's ESPN but boy is this a great game!! I've always like how the player models looked compared to previous elongated ESPN's but that has been addressed. ESPN 2K5 boasts the best graphics and player models in a football game thus far and the fluid movement couldn't be more real like.

Everything from the franchise mode, Gamecast Live, Gamecast, Weekly Prep, VIP, to the gameplay....every aspect damnit is just so precise. As __V__ said...pressure builds up on the QB so you had better make your reads quick...just as in the real game. QB's in ESPN need to have balance as well to be able to make the best of throws much like their real life counterparts.

To the guy who's been a Maddener, get ESPN...it'll be hard to get used to but you said you have an open mind on the subject so just get it and forget about Madden in it's entirety. Forget that you have ever played a football video game in your life...just start the game up with the knowledge you possess as a football fan and go from there. You have a long road ahead of you in terms of learning just how the game plays but you'll get it before you know it. I'm a huge Madden fan because well, I can't put my finger on it but Madden has always just felt right...don't know what it is but Madden always gets the nod. You need to look at ESPN as a real-sim...in terms of simulation...ESPN leaves Madden in the dust. Madden might have more of a fun factor but ESPN 2K5 is right on the money.

I must warn you, I have only 2 days playing the game, that you are going to get frustrated but you'll come to find out that ESPN 2K5 is the game that makes justic for the NFL logo on the game. I can't wait till Madden is out, don't get me wrong. I want to try all the new defensive playmaker abilities that the game will offer as they seem to only make the game better. Real-like sim, count on ESPN 2K5. Semi-sim (tentative on whether they fixed some exaggerations in gameplay) but tons of fun, count on Madden. Last but not least....$20, need I say more??
Old 07-23-2004   #32
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

This is from a Madden guy playing ESPN for the first time:

The graphics are great. The players look real. You have to get rid of the ball which at first is frustrating when you are trying to recognize your routes. Even if you wait too long and still get the pass off the pressure will force the QB to throw a bad pass.

After a day of playing I would give it a A-. The minus for the little things wrong with the Texans logo...you can not change a players position...and Reliant's roof. Game play, especially defense is pretty sound.

And for $20....
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #33
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Thanx guys!
Old 07-23-2004   #34
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Hey _V_, what are "slidders". I have no clue, but that Maximum passing thing where you can lead your WR sound BAD@$$!!!
Old 07-23-2004   #35
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Running Game

how the running game this year V? is it still very easy. In addition, is the pursuit and tackling better than last year. I still have last year's game, and it's very frustrating when the computer's back breaks 6 to 7 tackles and takes it to the house. That doesn't happen in madden.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #36
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

That has totally been fixed on ESPN...like it never existed....but don't take my word for it. See for yourself....got and get the game....it's $20! What are you waiting for??
Old 07-23-2004   #37
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I have NCAA Football 2005, ESPN NFL 2K5, and Madden is already on pre-order. I have all but forgotten about taking my Baylor Bears to back to back National championships (very hard to do by the way as any Baylor fan knows LoL) because NFL 2K5 has arrived. I love the presentation. The VIP system is very cool. You can actually save someone else's VIP thing, and then have a computer opponent who plays exactly like that persons VIP file. It analyzes where u prefer to run, pass, how you set up your defense, etc. This should come in handy if you come across an especially tough online opponent. My one gripe is the running game. It seems the runner is stiff and upright, but perhaps its just because I am playing with DD. I like the charging feature, but as a Madden guy it takes a bit to get used to. I love the franchise mode, and so far this season the Texans are 2-0. Pounding the Chargers, and barely escaping Detroit 20-16 (hope the real thing plays out like this too). I have to agree with everyone on the pressure getting to the QB. It's great. Luckily the Hot Routes, and Audibles are very easy and help burn a defense. Well I will stop my rambling on and on, and I'll get back to my new adiction. Bring it on KC.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #38
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans pass defense is terrific in 2K5.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #39
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

even though the Texans are rated low, theyre still tough to beat in the game.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #40
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile

Chad Stanley is the punter on the NFL All Star team.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read