Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly, Capers may be safe

Sorry if it is a repost...LINK

Texans owner Bob McNair was asked if general manager Charley Casserly and coach Dom Capers should be worried about their jobs.

"I don't think that would improve anything," he said. "I'm committed to winning, and they are, too.

"I'm part of this team, and I take responsibility. I don't point fingers, and I don't want anyone else to point fingers, either."

"Right now, we don't have heart," cornerback Dunta Robinson said after the Texans suffered their fifth consecutive defeat dating to last season. "That's me and everybody else."

"We're not going to finish 0-16; I guarantee you that," center Steve McKinney said.

Care to bet on that Mr. McKinney?
Old 10-10-2005   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

How about "we are not going to lose again"...
Why doesn't he guarantee something that shows a little heart. Sounds like he is only guaranteeing that they win one game this year.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #3
Bobo
Hall of Fame

>"Right now, we don't have heart," cornerback Dunta Robinson said after the Texans suffered their fifth consecutive defeat dating to last season. "That's >me and everybody else."

Since Mr. Robinson can only speak for himself, we know of just one guy who has lost his heart.

>"We're not going to finish 0-16; I guarantee you that," center Steve >McKinney said.

I guess that's supposed to make us all feel better.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #4
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm sure that any more firings during the season would only make matters worse. Change is coming. Just wait until on or after 1/1/06.
Old 10-11-2005   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Bob McNair is being p.c. right now. I don't see him as the "nether region" owner but more of a behind the scenes and make sure we're doing the right thing kinda guy.

I'm sure he's taking everything into consideration and won't be making the rash decision to overhaul his front office and coaches like the fans would hope. Not saying it won't happen, but he's going to put quite a bit of thought into it.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

When owners say ypour job is safe you need to start worrying
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #7
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Lets hope so...........oh brother.........Lets hope so!

And Mckinney guaranteeing we'll win 1 game this year....pathetic....its sad to see that Casserly and Capers brought in players just like them, Mckinney has the mentality of a loser and accepts it as non-chalantly as those 2 baffoons.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bob McNair is a class act, and out of respect, he's not going to dog his team or it's coaches in public. It's unprofessional.

So what can he really say when interviewed? Cliches and PC speak, because it has to be watered down.

But don't think for an instant that he's going to just let things go on the way they are right now. He's always said that he's a fan like the rest of us, but he's in a position that he can do something about it. 0-4 tastes just as bad to him (maybe worse since none of us shelled out $700 million for the team) as it does to us.

If the first four games is an indication of what the next 12 games will be like (of course I hope not), we WILL see changes in the off-season.
Old 10-11-2005   #9
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Double Barrel hit it with both shots. There's 12 more games left and Mcnair's not going to dog his staff in public. That would hurt more than help right now. The right thing will be done after this season is over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read