Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-10-2005   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224191 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Cheap Shot

Of course the zebras eject the wrong guy for this. Heck, they should have commended the guy they ejected.

Link
Old 10-10-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was posted over at the Jags MB, someone over there said the guy will probably be drafted by the Broncos. Yeah that guy is lucky 56 didn't take his head off. That guy should be suspended for the season.
Old 10-10-2005   #3
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

That is just disgusting.

Purdue's TE did the same thing last year to Erasmus James and took James out of action for about 3 weeks.
Old 10-10-2005   #4
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

The people at the ESPN boards circulated this puke's email(and Al Groh's email) around for a while, so I'm hoping he gets some nasty mail for this.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

One game suspension.

If Groh had any testicular fortitude the guy would be sitting for the rest of the year.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
One game suspension.

If Groh had any testicular fortitude the guy would be sitting for the rest of the year.
No kidding...if I was the AD I'd send the message to the entire athletic body and revoke his scholarship and tell the student body that this is not what their University stands for.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
"I've never been one to play outside of the rules," Butler said in the statement. "I was not trying to hurt Mathias Kiwanuka. I was engaged in blocking him because he is the type of player who makes plays all over the field. I regret this event occurred and have put the incident behind me."
What a piece of garbage this kid is. The play was over for about 5 seconds, engaged in blocking him? Good joke. I was hoping Big Ron Brace would land on this kid and do some damage but no dice.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2005   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think his scholarship should be revoked. I think a season suspension would be enough.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how things are done on the college level but if this was the NFL then Brad Butler would have just turned himself into a marked man. I'm sure with all the attention this is getting his future opponents are going to know what to expect out of him. His job probably just got a whole lot tougher now that this is on film and foremost in the minds of everyone who lines up across from him. He's now "The cheap shot guy" who you need to keep an eye on.
Old 10-11-2005   #10
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I don't know how things are done on the college level but if this was the NFL then Brad Butler would have just turned himself into a marked man. I'm sure with all the attention this is getting his future opponents are going to know what to expect out of him. His job probably just got a whole lot tougher now that this is on film and foremost in the minds of everyone who lines up across from him. He's now "The cheap shot guy" who you need to keep an eye one.
He's still got GT, The U and VT on the schedule to play against, pretty tough Ds. I'm hoping someone rolls on this guys leg and tears every ligament and breaks every bone in it.
Old 10-11-2005   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
No kidding...if I was the AD I'd send the message to the entire athletic body and revoke his scholarship and tell the student body that this is not what their University stands for.
Then i would relegate him from Starting Lineman to being banned from the stadium, practice fields, and the school gyms.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #12
lucky13

white guy- black guy call- happens all of the time.
Old 10-11-2005   #13
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Well, that's one way to lose all your respect from the opposing team.
Old 10-11-2005   #14
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

May he befall the same fate that Rodney Harrison encountered.

God I hope this kid never makes it to the pro's.
Old 10-12-2005   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Absolutely disgusting play. If you can't beat him then try to injure him and force him out of the game with a cheapshot. I agree that he shouldn't even sniff the field for the rest of the season.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i was almost literally sick watchingthat......good lord, is that what america is coming to?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read