Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr's quotes are as pathetic as his play

GP

Go Texans!
"Having (Johnson) out there gives us a chance of at least being able to throw the ball up," Carr said. "When he's not out there, it's hard to just throw the ball down the field and hope that they come down with it. Until we get some more work with the guys who are out there right now and get my confidence up in them where I can do that, then it's hard to just lob it out there."

------------------

CARR QUOTE 1: "...gives us a chance of at least being able to throw the ball up," Carr said..."

My opinion: THAT'S the whole reason you're not able to place a ball neatly in any other receiver's hands, David (example: Mathis was wide open and you overthrew him by about 10 yards. Bradford was wide open and you overthrew him by 5-10 yards...he leapt for it, but he had his man beat easily. You've gotten used to AJ bailing the team out and making your life easier. Period. Here's a concept: When you DO have time, stop hopping up and down 20 times in the pocket, go through your progressions and throw the ball to SOMEBODY. Anybody. Seriously, just fire it into somebody's general direction. You can't have the elastic boy wonder stretch high in the air for your miracle lobs every game and expect to win consistently. I hated to see AJ pull those miracle lobs down in those few games last year because I KNEW it was getting you all hyped up about the possibilities of just repeating that every game. AJ is NOT the answer. And you saying this sort of thing just makes you and our team appear to be one dimentional. You have had more success tossing it to DD than you have AJ. And that's because he's five yards away from you, and doesn't require you to focus on NFL QB attributes, such as "timing," and "accuracy."

CARR QUOTE 2: "...When he's (AJ) not out there, it's hard to just throw the ball down the field and hope that they come down with it..."

My opinion: THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS OUT THERE, DAVID!!!! It's not hard to throw the ball down the field, David. You're showing you can do that. But it is hard, for you David, to place the ball in a spot where the WR can make a play on the ball. The two speediest guys you have out there are being overthrown on almost all deep passes. I suggest you work on YOUR timing a little bit. You missed Bradford for an easy TD, and you missed Mathis for an easy TD down the sideline. Oh, but I forgot: Without our lord and savior St. Andre Johnson, the patron saint of miracle catches, we just don't have much of a chance out there.

CARR QUOTE 3: "...Until we get some more work with the guys who are out there right now and get my confidence up in them where I can do that, then it's hard to just lob it out there."

My opinion: Until YOU can get YOUR confidence "up" in them? Man, this is probably the most pompous, arrogant and misstated quote of them all. Just lob it out there? We're not playing a charity flag football game where you just "lob" it out there, David. My goodness, you really don't think you have any problems do you? No, to you it's just a simple situation of not having AJ and not having other WRs that you are confident in. If I am Jabar Gaffney. If I am Jerome Mathis. If I am Corey Bradford. If I am Derrick Armstrong. If I am any Texans WR other than AJ, I am thinking to myself, "Well...gee, thanks David for the non-vote of confidence."

Unreal.

And yet you guys are here backing Carr, saying he was misquoted and misunderstood...blah-blah-blah. Yeah, right.

I can't get to my thread from the TB preseason game, but his postgame quote after that game was more or less this: "I'm just excited to play the Bills next week when these games count for real..."

This guy might look good in a photo shoot, and he might look like an NFL QB in the pads and jersey, but he is not sounding like a smart guy right now.

He's making lame excuses at every point, in the newspaper, but he won't get in people's faces on the field. No, he'll leave that to Dunta Robinson.

I have had it with Carr. I have a McFarlane figurine of him, and it's getting tossed tonight when I get home. Unless any of you Carr apologists want me to mail it to you. Pay me for the shipping and it's yours. Just let me know before midnight tonight or it's getting ceremoniously burned and trashed.

He is bailing out and copping out, and crying because he's got a tough road...and it's just as if he thinks he's the only one who's 0-4 right now and everyone owes it to him to catch balls that are overthrown, batted in the air, or thrown at their feet.

Go ahead, Carr backers: Help me to see where his PRINTED comments show that he's being unjustly roasted. Help me to see how he has been a "real" leader on the field when he can't confront his blockers or can't confront a WR when they drop a good pass. All you can do is cry about the o line, which he doesn't have the guts to confront on the field in front of the 20,000 fans that are now watching this mess of a team. Maybe he isn;t confronting them on the field because deep down he knows that he's making equally bad plays as they are. He's got time on roughly 50% of the pass plays and he's only at about 57% completion %.

Oh, please, oh please AJ! Get healed and get back out there. We've missed your spectacular plays and miracle catches! You and Carr are the only hope we have! Even if you can limp out there, that's enough. Until you come back, we just don't have ANY way to throw (oops, I mean: LOB) the ball out there.

What a raw deal Carr is giving his other WRs and his RBs. As if he and AJ are the team and it begins and ends with those two guys. Get Ragone out there, I bet he'll throw bullets to Gaffney and other WRs. I bet he won;t give a rip if AJ is out there or not.

Carr is just tanking, IMO. TANKING. :bomb:

This is nothing new. You hear constantly from sports writers about QB's having confidence with certain recievers. You don't hear the QB quoting this theirselves.

bobby 119C

The irony of the Johnson quote is that one the problems with the offense is that he has NOT been throwing the ball downfield and allowing his best WR to go after the ball and make plays. Forcing the ball into Johnson on a ten yard curl is not eligible.

You gotta pick your spots in the NFL, and last time I checked there's not a single NFL team that has a QB who hasn't been sacked in any NFL season. They all get pressured, they all have to pull it down and run, and (GASP!) they all get sacked between 10 and 40 times a year over a 16-game season.

It's going to happen.

Boomer Esiason AND Dan Marino on the postgame show were just laughing at Carr. LAUGHING. Those are two of the most immobile QBs in the history of the league, and they KNOW that an NFL Qb has to get the ball out of his hands even if he doesn;t think it's the right "read," or whatever. Boomer and Dan BOTH were just piling on Carr. That's coming from two guys who have had their fair share of lumps, and they'r enot hanging it ALL on the o line.

That is an absolutely a false statement you just made about Marino and Esiason. Please don't insult us and please don't make incorrect stements to make your point. They were laughing at how little time the guy has to throw...please don't insult us again. You're lying now and getting desperate to make your point. Houston fans should get this guy off the board.

Carr layed it right there in Bradfords hand. He wanted to make a "one-handed" catch for some reason and leave his other hand holding his jock. Hey Bradford, try using two hands and catching some balls throughout these games, maybe David will hand off to you if not.

SESupergenius said:
Carr layed it right there in Bradfords hand. He wanted to make a "one-handed" catch for some reason and leave his other hand holding his jock. Hey Bradford, try using two hands and catching some balls throughout these games, maybe David will hand off to you if not.

maybe they need to do like in that movie.. "Unnecessary roughness" thow toilet paper rolls to Bradford while Bradford is saying "ball is my friend, ball is my friend" :tomato: :)

It was not a lie, Sudds.

They laughed at each other and Marino said, "Why is he running out of bounds? I mean, come on...throw the ball in the stands, or at the line of scrimmage, something...just don't run out of bounds."

And then one of them said that it's just something a guy like Carr should know by now. They shrugged their shoulders. everything about it was critical of Carr, and you KNOW it.

I ain't lying. If I am lying, there'd be a TON of people saying I'm lying. You're just trying to flame me. Get over it. It's true: Carr is not the golden boy anymore, and he's getting laughed at on national TV by two great QBs who know what they're talking about.

Those two guys were VERY critical of Carr. They said that they understand the o line is shaky, but basically it's "Come on, David. use your head."

So, thanks for "lying" yourself to boost yourself on this board.

Just as there were lots of people slamming me over my preseason rants, replying that I was insane and that it was "Just the preseason!" it also seems that my Carr remarks are also targeted for the flame-a-thon.

So be it. He's just as about done as you can get, IMO. And his PRINTED comments, the comments by Boomer and Marino, and his inability to throw a good ball CONSISTENTLY is all the proof I need. can he make a comeback? Maybe. But not if he continues to live in his own dreamworld where AJ catches anything he LOBS up, and when games are only for real when it's reg season, and when he acknowledges that there are other WRs on this team who need to be given a consistent look play-in and play-out.

But at this point, it doesn't look good. He's the leader, and he's failing at his own job on the field AND off the field.

Some of you guys are just not able to put down the pom-poms for even a SECOND. ONE SECOND and even allow yourselves to think that maybe, just maybe, Carr is failing at his own job.

Oh, no no no no no. He's just not getting enough time. He doesn't have AJ for goodness sakes. And who can be expected to LOB it three yards out of bounds when there is (GASP!) defenders chasing him!

Guess what? Domanick Davis has 11 players trying to injure him every time he touches the ball. He still pulls out a consistently clutch game even when teams KNOW that the run game is all we have.

David doesn't even seem to be aware of anything that's going on around him. I watch ALL the games. Every play. And I "used to be" a person who thought that maybe Carr just needed more time to throw and things would get better. But now, when he comes off the field it's as if he doesn't even think he can do better under ANY circumstances...but yet his comments in the paper sure seem to be coming from a guy who's got it all figured out.

Great One:

Well, then why were you saying you were upset about them dogging Carr?

It was true (What Bomer and Dan said). 100% true.

I know how you feel. I used to be that same guy, too: Wanting to believe in Carr, and giving him the benefit of the doubt under similar circumstances as what he's facing now and has faced before.

But Dunta is right: "Forget making more changes. We have to do it."

THAT is a guy who knows how to lead, and he ain't giving up, he ain't thinking about asking for a trade or figuring a way out of Houston, etc.

Don't be afraid to think, "You know what? Carr needs to show or prove some things right now. It's on him now."

It's OK to NOT tow the company line. So if you were backing me, then just say it. But it looked like you were blaming the o line. To me, at least. I wouldn't have been upset at you even if you were not "with me" on this.

:texflag: Carr inspires the guys around him about like Jeff George did . I think his players do not view him as the man .
The Texans problems are deep , and QB is one of the low spots . While its not all his fault ... he's not worth 8 million dollars .

I watch from the 600's - a little different view. If Carr has time to step up in the pocket he is usually accurate. A couple of his throws, the one to Mathis in particular, he looked at his primary came off and just had to chunk where he thought his secondary would be. Not enough time to actually look and throw.
We are protecting with 6 and 7 and they are getting ridiculous pressure with 4. This leaves 7 to cover our 3 and and at most 4 receivers. I understand when they bring a blitz and get pressure we should get the ball off to the hot receiver. But when they bring 4 and we are protecting with 6 and 7 Carr or any other quarterback needs time for a receiver to get open.

San Diego wanted to run Drew Brees out of town. Turns out it wasn't him. Quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

"When was the last time Carr actually had time to throw a pass?" -- Great One

------------------------

Come on, man. He has had time to throw passes.

Look at McNair: One step, two steps, three steps, ball is gone. The difference between other Qbs and Carr (right now) is that other QBs have made a pre-determined decision of which WR to hit based on making the reads before the snap. So what if you throw it, based on your pre-determined decision, and it doesn't work? So flippin' what? But Carr is definitely freezing up at about the second step and he's just losing all ability to make any sort of "timing" throw to a WR. Thus, his commenst about having AJ whom he can LOB IT UP TO and make a play. Jeeesh...

Look at Pendry (screaming at Carr during practice): "GET RID OF THE BALL!" Pendry sees it, too. And he sat Carr out to make a statement that, "Hey! You're just as much to blame as any of the o linemen."

My main point, and stick with me here, is that there is a fundamental lack of ability for some of you fans to think that even for ONE second, Carr has at least 50% of the blame here. Just 50%! I can live with the compromise, but please don't tell me that you think this would all be beter if he had 20 seconds to throw each pas play...cause you know what? It doesn't exist in the NFL. NO team is spotless in the area of the QB never being pressured, never being sacked, etc. Carr is believing and buying into the "It's the o line's fault. It's the o line's fault.

Man, I guess the o line caused hurricane katrina, too.

And the high gas prices are Todd Wade's fault.

I think I know who flew the planes into the World Trade Center! Victor Riley and Chester Pitts...

Where are the comments from the o linemen? Are they saying stupid stuff like Carr is? Show me. For Carr to say the things he has said, and then play the way he has played, is sad. At least keep your trap shut and handle it with the o line...but it seems he can't do that. I just wonder what the mood is like in the locker room after the culmination of all of his comments which started in the preseason and have continued at a dizzying pace?

How can a player look to him, as the leader, and have any loyalty to him? I bet he is getting the coldest shoulder from most of the players right now. He's blatantly saying that without AJ there just isn't much hope right now. And he's blatantly saying that until HE can get more confidence in the other WRs, it doesn't look good. I can't even describe what I'm feeling every time I type those words that he said. I get more angry each time. And think how it makes Jabar feel. And Armstrong. etc.

Vinny was right, those were backhanded comments he made about the other WRs...and I can't believe he's doing what he's doing. I thought he was the class act? :challenge

How often do you actually see Carr complete a pass on a rollout? I saw him do it some last year... he may have managed it once or twice this year, but for the most part when he rolls out, he is either going to throw a very inaccurate pass, run it himself, throw it in the stands, or run out of bounds.

Carr HAS had time to throw.. not alot of time.. but he has had time to get the ball out of his hands.. There are only so many times you can use the "no one was open" excuse.

Even when Carr has had plenty of time to throw (and there have been a few times) what has he done with it? nothing special.. if anything at all.

There is something WRONG with Carr right now. I wont say that he is a bust at this point.. but I wont say he isnt either. Im willing to give Carr 2 or 3 more seasons to show if he can get back on track.. as long as we have a young backup to groom behind him during that time.

Carr is no longer the "franchise QB".. just accept it. He was only the franchise QB the last few years because he was still showing potential and growth. This year all he has shown us is bad habits and bad attitude. If our team was playing well and Carr was having a bad year, id actually be MORE likely to forgive him and say "hes just in a slump".. but our team sucks and may be a few more seasons before they dont suck anymore.. Carr is not going to have alot of chances to improve over the next couple seasons.. or at least.. he isnt going to have much help from his teammates.. he will continue to run for his life.. he will continue not to have a TE... and if he cant overcome that and keep improving.. then he will have to go.

I LIKE Carr.. i would love it if Carr turned out to be as great as it looks like he could have been in the first three seasons.. but im not going to tip toe around his terrible performance. he makes BAD decisions CONSTANTLY.. he has BAD habits out there.. he seems incapable of getting the ball out of his hands.

Two attitudes on the field:

Fight, fight , fight, Scrap and scrape and claw for all you can get.

Or,

Shake your head, stroll back to the sideline, unbuckle your chin strap with a hint of disgust.

Which attitude is held by Domanick Davis and Dunta Robinson?

And which attitude is held by David Carr?

Honestly, how can any of those Texans players respect Carr after the past few weeks and additionally his PRINTED comments that I think most of us see as Carr passing blam and casting his hopes in St. Andre, the patron saint of miracle lob catches?

I'll place my allegiance with DD and D-Rob. Keep fighting and clawing!

The blame goes to everyone on the offense. It's on Carr for not getting rid of the ball quickly enough, what was said earlier, most good qbs look at a defense before the snap, read it, and decide where to go. Carr apparently still isn't to that point. When a blitz comes its the qbs job to get rid of it quickly. It's the receivers job to switch to the hot read. It's the o lines job to pick up the blitz. I don't think anyone is doing any of that right now.

ArlingtonTexan said:
The irony of the Johnson quote is that one the problems with the offense is that he has NOT been throwing the ball downfield and allowing his best WR to go after the ball and make plays. Forcing the ball into Johnson on a ten yard curl is not eligible.
Uhm....havent you seen the Bills game? :brickwall
Johnson got double, even tripple teamed all day. Its just not possible to throw the ball downfield...

gpshafer_1976 said:

------------------------

Look at McNair: One step, two steps, three steps, ball is gone. The difference between other Qbs and Carr (right now) is that other QBs have made a pre-determined decision of which WR to hit based on making the reads before the snap. So what if you throw it, based on your pre-determined decision, and it doesn't work? class

I know 3 or 4 times when McNair was hurried or his WRs were covered, he dumped it off to a WIDE OPEN tight end, for good yardage. Pendry doesn't know what a tight end is for except blocking. Plus our Linebackers can't seem to cover tight ends.

Titans
Troupe---8/67 1TD
Kinney---4/27

Texans
Rivers---1/7

We use to utilize our Tight Ends, ie: Billy Miller, why we don't now, I have no clue!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Or,

Shake your head, stroll back to the sideline, unbuckle your chin strap with a hint of disgust.

Honestly, how can any of those Texans players respect Carr after the past few weeks and additionally his PRINTED comments that I think most of us see as Carr passing blame and casting his hopes in St. Andre, the patron saint of miracle lob catches?

Dre_80 said:
Uhm....havent you seen the Bills game? :brickwall
Johnson got double, even tripple teamed all day. Its just not possible to throw the ball downfield...

Uhm..Andre Johnson has been sold to me a PLAYMAKING WR and David Carr as the 1st pick in the draft. Those types of guys are supposed to beat the double teams. TO beats double teams. Chad Johnson beats double teams. Moss beats double teams. The ability to beat doubles in the passing game separates the excellent from the pretty good.

Hulk75 said:
NO time! NO time!

All those teams QBs have plenty of time for there wideouts to bust the Double Team.

At some point you expect Top 5 draft choices to figure out how avoid the rush and to shake loose from the double. They are paid like the elite. The elite make plays when the QB is being pressured. They makes plays when doubled. They make plays no matter how boneheaded the coaching staff is. They make the players around them better. What you guys are telling me is that Carr and Johnson are pretty good not great.

As an extreme example of what AT is talking about, think of McNabb last year in the Cowboys game on the 14 sec. play. His entire OL disintegrated but he ran around and created 14 seconds rather than running straight out of bounds. Then he accurately passed 65 yds down the field throwing on the run. No you can't expect even an elite QB to make plays like that regularly--but they do make them.

Hulk I posted this 4 days ago in another thread:

Hulk75. You obviously take a great interest in Carr and I believe you said you have done some coaching. What are the things you see that David needs to improve on?--every QB has multiple things they can improve upon, so what are some for Dave?

Any response?

>They laughed at each other and Marino said, "Why is he running out of bounds? I mean, come on...throw the ball in the stands, or at the line of >scrimmage, something...just don't run out of bounds."

That's a silly statement to make. If everyone is covered and protection is breaking down, throwing the ball up for grabs is dumb since it very well might result in an interception. Most of the time it's better to run out of bounds and have 2nd and 10 then to chuck it up for grabs and lose possession.

gpshafer_1976 said:

Or,

Honestly, how can any of those Texans players respect Carr after the past few weeks and additionally his PRINTED comments that I think most of us see as Carr passing blame and casting his hopes in St. Andre, the patron saint of miracle lob catches?

Umm, what ONE player admitted recently he had lost heart? Hint: It wasn't Carr. Robinson, as I've said many times, is NOT a team player. He's only out for himself as he made perfectly clear last year after not making the all-star team. And yesterday he admitted he had lost heart. To me, that's the same as quitting. I place my allegiance with Carr. Anyone with eyes can see that folks are all over him as soon as he gets the snap.

ArlingtonTexan said:
At some point you expect Top 5 draft choices to figure out how avoid the rush and to shake loose from the double. They are paid like the elite. The elite make plays when the QB is being pressured. They makes plays when doubled. They make plays no matter how boneheaded the coaching staff is. They make the players around them better. What you guys are telling me is that Carr and Johnson are pretty good not great.

Umm, not when the opposing D is all over you as soon as the ball is snapped on almost every play!

seahawk2k said:
The blame goes to everyone on the offense. It's on Carr for not getting rid of the ball quickly enough, what was said earlier, most good qbs look at a defense before the snap, read it, and decide where to go. Carr apparently still isn't to that point. When a blitz comes its the qbs job to get rid of it quickly. It's the receivers job to switch to the hot read. It's the o lines job to pick up the blitz. I don't think anyone is doing any of that right now.

Carr isn't to the point where he has the time to throw the ball. You can decide where to go all you want, but if the opposing D is on you before the WR can even get into his route, what are you gonna do? When a blitz comes, it's not the QBs job just to get rid of it quickly. To throw it up there like that has INT written all over it.

gpshafer_1976 said:

------------------------

Come on, man. He has had time to throw passes.

Look at McNair: One step, two steps, three steps, ball is gone. The difference between other Qbs and Carr (right now) is that other QBs have made a pre-determined decision of which WR to hit based on making the reads before the snap. So what if you throw it, based on your pre-determined decision, and it doesn't work? So flippin' what? But Carr is definitely freezing up at about the second step and he's just losing all ability to make any sort of "timing" throw to a WR. Thus, his commenst about having AJ whom he can LOB IT UP TO and make a play. Jeeesh...
Are we watching the same game? I will admit running out of bounds is stupid but when did he ever have time to throw? Their 4 man rush was obliterating our line and there comes a time when you have to see it. When he got killed you would see Pitts and Riley standing around shaking their heads. Mckinney doubled a nore and let their LB run strait through untouched but he had .9 secounds so he should have thrown it away right? I am not being a blind homer but if you look at his protection it wasnt there.

You are partially right. The protection is not there all of the time, especially on the plays where he has to go through his reads. Knowing this is a problem, the organization decided to implement "timing routes" into the scheme and the "quick release" three step drop. That means....snap...back, back, back/release. Neither one of these have been used to a degree where it would impact the game. The question is who's to blame for that? We all see and hear about how Carr has problems getting the ball out quickly in practice, this really destroys the hopes for a timing route and throws the 3 step drop out of the window. On another note, why is our whole O line being dominated by a three man defensive front?

I'll give David some latitude because he has very poor line play right now and they simply refuse to involve a TE in their game plans like other teams do so I believe David is operating with less than most QB's right from the first snap.

And of course it will continue till the Texans do something about it. All the defensive teams they play will continue with a hard rush and not worry about them getting the ball downfield because they can't!

McNair is a very cool QB in the pocket..night and day difference between Steve and David right now.

I have to admit Carr left me :confused: a few times when he would run toward the sideline and instead of throwing it away he would run out of bounds for a 3-4 yard loss which is fine if your offense is high powered but we can't pick up 10 yards let alone adding on to it.

They were saying he should know better and HE SHOULD. You dont make your team have farther to go b/c you dont want an incomplete on your stats.

Looks like someone in the public relations dept. had a chat with Big Dave about his comments last week...

"When your expectations are as high as they are in this locker room and you go out and start 0-4, there's definitely going to be changes made because Mr. (Bob) McNair expects to win. (Coach) Dom (Capers) expects to win. I expect to win."

Chronic

I wonder if he thinks this week is a must win?

If you are going to call people out you better play well first. If your game isn't good you can't open your mouth. vicious cycle.

It doesn't help to open your mouth if you look bad in the film room. That won't help anything.

:tomato: I heard on the radio where Steve Mckinney said there was at least 3 chances for easy TDs ... but they did'nt execute . Does execute = overthrows or no throws ? I sense they ( OL and QB ) have lost respect for each other .

Honoring Earl 34 said:
I sense they ( OL and QB ) have lost respect for each other .
I can see that...Those guys don't even make eye contact. Did anyone see Carr when he was miked up last year? Nobody looked at him on the sideline and nobody made any eye contact with him as he threw around romper room Capers drivel on the sideline. It was embarrassing.

I really didn't see Carr call ANYONE out, I think he point was pretty clear. Everyone is accountable and changes need to made. Nothing wrong with being a leader.

Vinny is just on some Carr Crusade. I mean He tried to shape Mckinneys comments against Carr when really McKinney was saying otherwise:

"There were plays out there to be made in the pass game. We just didn't make them," McKinney said. "Whether the quarterback was under pressure or the receiver didn't catch the ball or the throw didn't take place, there were plays downfield. We just didn't make them."

Honoring Earl 34 said:
:tomato: I heard on the radio where Steve Mckinney said there was at least 3 chances for easy TDs ... but they did'nt execute . Does execute = overthrows or no throws ? I sense they ( OL and QB ) have lost respect for each other .
One was the Bradford drop in the end zone. One was Carr overthrowing Mathis in the red zone. The other? Who knows? How many of the sacks by the Titans could have been turned into Texan scores if the line had protected? When you start fingerpointing, it's pretty much over. Steve McKinney should be one of the last players on this team to point a finger.

Edit: Chester Pitt's illegal block took away a Davis TD catch & run. That's 3.

Lucky said:
Steve McKinney should be one of the last players on this team to point a finger.
I heard McKinney saying that and he wasn't pointing any fingers. He was just responding to some questions.

Vinny said:
I heard McKinney saying that and he wasn't pointing any fingers. He was just responding to some questions.
So if someone were to ask McKinney "What do you think the problem is with the offense?" and McKinney just answers the question, "It's David Carr" he's not pointing fingers, he's just......answering the question??? :rolleyes:

Hulk75 said:
He gets his *** handed to him every sunday, stop with the bullcrap comments.

Tell your beloved Dunta to pick off a ball then you can say something.
Thats not Dunta's fault they have only thrown like 2 his way and he broke them up...

ArlingtonTexan said:
You did not say that. Carr does all he can to avoid the rush. Say what you want about his arm ect.. but Ron Mexico couldnt avoid this rush

BigBull17 said:
You did not say that. Carr does all he can to avoid the rush. Say what you want about his arm ect.. but Ron Mexico couldnt avoid this rush
I think he did just say that....Carr has poor pocket feel and runs into defenders while the linemen have a hard time figuring out where he is. It's tough to block for someone when you don't have a clue where he will be. There is a problem with protection and a problem with the quarterbacking on this team...both have issues.

BigBull17 said:
Thats not Dunta's fault they have only thrown like 2 his way and he broke them up...
Dunta has been beaten on quite a few passes. It's the zone that makes all our DBs look bad though. We can have 6-7 DBs in and still be beat for a 19yd pick up. Our zone D blows. Our defense would make a Run N Shoot look great.

Vinny said:
It doesn't help to open your mouth if you look bad in the film room. That won't help anything.
It all boils down to respect. If you are performing at your best people will respect you and take your comments to heart. Your looked at as a leader. If you are also having a poor season and start calling people out, your viewed as a whiner and someone who will not take responsability for his own actions. You can't lead with words alone.

Vinny said:
I think he did just say that....Carr has poor pocket feel and runs into defenders while the linemen have a hard time figuring out where he is. It's tough to block for someone when you don't have a clue where he will be. There is a problem with protection and a problem with the quarterbacking on this team...both have issues.

Good example of how tough it is to judge that against the Titans. On one of the sacks there was a fair pocket, but the left edge (Riley) started to give. Between the RT and RG a huge hole started to appear. DD would have hit it in an instant for a huge gain. Carr chose that instead of stepping forward toward McKinney/Wiegert. Wade allowed the DE to reverse direction on him and close the hole for the sack. Could Carr have stepped up against McKinney and made a throw?--maybe--can't tell from the broadcast but possible. Did Wade fail?--absolutely--if he had run that guy to the back end of the pocket, Carr had an open field. Instead sack number 2052. Maybe Carr failed to stay in the pocket, definitely Wade failed to run the DE out--who failed the play?--hmmm, need the Texans film.

Back