Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2005   #21
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
"When was the last time Carr actually had time to throw a pass?" -- Great One

------------------------

Look at McNair: One step, two steps, three steps, ball is gone. The difference between other Qbs and Carr (right now) is that other QBs have made a pre-determined decision of which WR to hit based on making the reads before the snap. So what if you throw it, based on your pre-determined decision, and it doesn't work? class
I know 3 or 4 times when McNair was hurried or his WRs were covered, he dumped it off to a WIDE OPEN tight end, for good yardage. Pendry doesn't know what a tight end is for except blocking. Plus our Linebackers can't seem to cover tight ends.

Titans
Troupe---8/67 1TD
Kinney---4/27

Texans
Rivers---1/7

We use to utilize our Tight Ends, ie: Billy Miller, why we don't now, I have no clue!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Two attitudes on the field:

Fight, fight , fight, Scrap and scrape and claw for all you can get.

Or,

Shake your head, stroll back to the sideline, unbuckle your chin strap with a hint of disgust.

Which attitude is held by Domanick Davis and Dunta Robinson?

And which attitude is held by David Carr?

Honestly, how can any of those Texans players respect Carr after the past few weeks and additionally his PRINTED comments that I think most of us see as Carr passing blame and casting his hopes in St. Andre, the patron saint of miracle lob catches?

I'll place my allegiance with DD and D-Rob. Keep fighting and clawing!
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80
Uhm....havent you seen the Bills game? :brickwall
Johnson got double, even tripple teamed all day. Its just not possible to throw the ball downfield...
Uhm..Andre Johnson has been sold to me a PLAYMAKING WR and David Carr as the 1st pick in the draft. Those types of guys are supposed to beat the double teams. TO beats double teams. Chad Johnson beats double teams. Moss beats double teams. The ability to beat doubles in the passing game separates the excellent from the pretty good.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
NO time! NO time!

All those teams QBs have plenty of time for there wideouts to bust the Double Team.
At some point you expect Top 5 draft choices to figure out how avoid the rush and to shake loose from the double. They are paid like the elite. The elite make plays when the QB is being pressured. They makes plays when doubled. They make plays no matter how boneheaded the coaching staff is. They make the players around them better. What you guys are telling me is that Carr and Johnson are pretty good not great.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 269149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

As an extreme example of what AT is talking about, think of McNabb last year in the Cowboys game on the 14 sec. play. His entire OL disintegrated but he ran around and created 14 seconds rather than running straight out of bounds. Then he accurately passed 65 yds down the field throwing on the run. No you can't expect even an elite QB to make plays like that regularly--but they do make them.

Hulk I posted this 4 days ago in another thread:

Quote:
Hulk75. You obviously take a great interest in Carr and I believe you said you have done some coaching. What are the things you see that David needs to improve on?--every QB has multiple things they can improve upon, so what are some for Dave?
Any response?
Old 10-11-2005   #26
Bobo
Hall of Fame

>They laughed at each other and Marino said, "Why is he running out of bounds? I mean, come on...throw the ball in the stands, or at the line of >scrimmage, something...just don't run out of bounds."

That's a silly statement to make. If everyone is covered and protection is breaking down, throwing the ball up for grabs is dumb since it very well might result in an interception. Most of the time it's better to run out of bounds and have 2nd and 10 then to chuck it up for grabs and lose possession.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #27
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Two attitudes on the field:

Fight, fight , fight, Scrap and scrape and claw for all you can get.

Or,

Shake your head, stroll back to the sideline, unbuckle your chin strap with a hint of disgust.

Which attitude is held by Domanick Davis and Dunta Robinson?

And which attitude is held by David Carr?

Honestly, how can any of those Texans players respect Carr after the past few weeks and additionally his PRINTED comments that I think most of us see as Carr passing blame and casting his hopes in St. Andre, the patron saint of miracle lob catches?

I'll place my allegiance with DD and D-Rob. Keep fighting and clawing!
Umm, what ONE player admitted recently he had lost heart? Hint: It wasn't Carr. Robinson, as I've said many times, is NOT a team player. He's only out for himself as he made perfectly clear last year after not making the all-star team. And yesterday he admitted he had lost heart. To me, that's the same as quitting. I place my allegiance with Carr. Anyone with eyes can see that folks are all over him as soon as he gets the snap.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2005   #28
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
At some point you expect Top 5 draft choices to figure out how avoid the rush and to shake loose from the double. They are paid like the elite. The elite make plays when the QB is being pressured. They makes plays when doubled. They make plays no matter how boneheaded the coaching staff is. They make the players around them better. What you guys are telling me is that Carr and Johnson are pretty good not great.
Umm, not when the opposing D is all over you as soon as the ball is snapped on almost every play!
Old 10-11-2005   #29
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk2k
The blame goes to everyone on the offense. It's on Carr for not getting rid of the ball quickly enough, what was said earlier, most good qbs look at a defense before the snap, read it, and decide where to go. Carr apparently still isn't to that point. When a blitz comes its the qbs job to get rid of it quickly. It's the receivers job to switch to the hot read. It's the o lines job to pick up the blitz. I don't think anyone is doing any of that right now.
Carr isn't to the point where he has the time to throw the ball. You can decide where to go all you want, but if the opposing D is on you before the WR can even get into his route, what are you gonna do? When a blitz comes, it's not the QBs job just to get rid of it quickly. To throw it up there like that has INT written all over it.
Old 10-11-2005   #30
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"When was the last time Carr actually had time to throw a pass?" -- Great One

------------------------

Come on, man. He has had time to throw passes.

Look at McNair: One step, two steps, three steps, ball is gone. The difference between other Qbs and Carr (right now) is that other QBs have made a pre-determined decision of which WR to hit based on making the reads before the snap. So what if you throw it, based on your pre-determined decision, and it doesn't work? So flippin' what? But Carr is definitely freezing up at about the second step and he's just losing all ability to make any sort of "timing" throw to a WR. Thus, his commenst about having AJ whom he can LOB IT UP TO and make a play. Jeeesh...
Are we watching the same game? I will admit running out of bounds is stupid but when did he ever have time to throw? Their 4 man rush was obliterating our line and there comes a time when you have to see it. When he got killed you would see Pitts and Riley standing around shaking their heads. Mckinney doubled a nore and let their LB run strait through untouched but he had .9 secounds so he should have thrown it away right? I am not being a blind homer but if you look at his protection it wasnt there.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #31
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are partially right. The protection is not there all of the time, especially on the plays where he has to go through his reads. Knowing this is a problem, the organization decided to implement "timing routes" into the scheme and the "quick release" three step drop. That means....snap...back, back, back/release. Neither one of these have been used to a degree where it would impact the game. The question is who's to blame for that? We all see and hear about how Carr has problems getting the ball out quickly in practice, this really destroys the hopes for a timing route and throws the 3 step drop out of the window. On another note, why is our whole O line being dominated by a three man defensive front?
Old 10-11-2005   #32
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give David some latitude because he has very poor line play right now and they simply refuse to involve a TE in their game plans like other teams do so I believe David is operating with less than most QB's right from the first snap.

And of course it will continue till the Texans do something about it. All the defensive teams they play will continue with a hard rush and not worry about them getting the ball downfield because they can't!

McNair is a very cool QB in the pocket..night and day difference between Steve and David right now.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #33
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I have to admit Carr left me a few times when he would run toward the sideline and instead of throwing it away he would run out of bounds for a 3-4 yard loss which is fine if your offense is high powered but we can't pick up 10 yards let alone adding on to it.

They were saying he should know better and HE SHOULD. You dont make your team have farther to go b/c you dont want an incomplete on your stats.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #34
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like someone in the public relations dept. had a chat with Big Dave about his comments last week...

"When your expectations are as high as they are in this locker room and you go out and start 0-4, there's definitely going to be changes made because Mr. (Bob) McNair expects to win. (Coach) Dom (Capers) expects to win. I expect to win."

Chronic

I wonder if he thinks this week is a must win?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are going to call people out you better play well first. If your game isn't good you can't open your mouth. vicious cycle.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't help to open your mouth if you look bad in the film room. That won't help anything.

Old 10-14-2005   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on the radio where Steve Mckinney said there was at least 3 chances for easy TDs ... but they did'nt execute . Does execute = overthrows or no throws ? I sense they ( OL and QB ) have lost respect for each other .
Old 10-14-2005   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I sense they ( OL and QB ) have lost respect for each other .
I can see that...Those guys don't even make eye contact. Did anyone see Carr when he was miked up last year? Nobody looked at him on the sideline and nobody made any eye contact with him as he threw around romper room Capers drivel on the sideline. It was embarrassing.

Old 10-14-2005   #39
SESupergenius

I really didn't see Carr call ANYONE out, I think he point was pretty clear. Everyone is accountable and changes need to made. Nothing wrong with being a leader.
Old 10-14-2005   #40
SESupergenius

Vinny is just on some Carr Crusade. I mean He tried to shape Mckinneys comments against Carr when really McKinney was saying otherwise:

"There were plays out there to be made in the pass game. We just didn't make them," McKinney said. "Whether the quarterback was under pressure or the receiver didn't catch the ball or the throw didn't take place, there were plays downfield. We just didn't make them."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read