Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Coaching Change Could Be Disaster

Ranger

Waterboy
When I was reading the Houston Chronicle today, I saw McNair's quotes saying changing coaches wouldn't help anything. I half-heartedly agree.

I don't think Dom is the answer. We will never be successful with him on the sideline making decisions. He has no confidence with his team, and all these 4th and 1s are really pissing me off. If you can't make a yard, you don't need to be on the feild. He reaptedly does not show the confidence to say "Okay team, lets buckle down and go get it". He has never shown an aggressive side, and when we have a young team in their 4th year, we need to make a statement by being aggressive and physical. Therefore, Capers needs to go.

On the otherhand, Casserly has put this team together for the past 4 years to play Capers style of football. We have 3-4 personal, and if we swtich to a coach who brings in the 4-3, we are in a boat-load of trouble we that would basically mean a long rebuilding period to get his type of personal we need. If Casserly stays and Dom goes, we may be limiting our search to a guy who will come in and run the 3-4. Sure, we could easily switch, but the personal would not be here, and a defense is only as successful as the how wll the team fits with the scheme.

Everyone in the organization seems to be saying the same thing. The only thing that needs to change is the players will to win. I dont believe this though. The will to win is inspired by many things, but mainly it's the coaches. From the peewee leagues to the pro's, the coaches main job is to get the team ready to play. This is not only knowing the plays and executing the game plan by lighting a fire under the teams @$$. Players got to want it... but if they dont have the desire then the coaches are just as much to blame as the players are.

I dont see how changing coaches midseason could make things any worse. A few weeks ago I still had a little faith. I didnt think Capers should go just yet. Now I believe the sooner we get rid of him the better... Casserly too for that matter.

BP's teams is presently playing > 500 ball in its first year of transitioning to the 3-4, and I tend to think it would be less difficult converting from 3-4 to
4-3 than vice versa.

Back